The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think she's still alive.
Reply 2
No, even if whoever took her wasn't planning on killing her the huge media storm would have made them kill her. Keeping hold of her was way too dangerous once the case became so famous. She will likely never be found in this case.
Original post by james22
No, even if whoever took her wasn't planning on killing her the huge media storm would have made them kill her. Keeping hold of her was way too dangerous once the case became so famous. She will likely never be found in this case.

This. Though I still think it's possible that her parents killed her in some kind of accident, and then made up the kidnapping in order to cover themselves.
Reply 4
Original post by anarchism101
This. Though I still think it's possible that her parents killed her in some kind of accident, and then made up the kidnapping in order to cover themselves.

This.
Original post by anarchism101

It's a good possibility but not definite, some of their behaviour was odd to say the least. Most noticeably;

A multi million pound book deal - why would anyone want to profit from their child's disappearance, possibly death

Paying their mortgage with money that was donated by the public to fund the search for Madeleine. Surely most parents who believed there was hope would have dedicated every penny they had to the search. The fact they opted to spend money on something else rather than spend it on searching for Madeleine makes you wonder if they know something the rest if us don't, whether they were responsible or not.

I don't know how they got off so lightly anyway. I'm pretty sure it's illegal to leave toddlers and very young children alone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Wilde Child
And why/why not?

I think she's dead. it would be good if she was alive though. if she was alive they probably would have found her by now. if they can find Saddam Hussein in a cave and Ben Laden in Pakistan why can't they find madeleine?
Reply 7
This thread is in very poor taste and shows a lack of respect..
She's dead, has to be, makes sense tbh although that girl at the football game looked like her so who knows? :dontknow:
Reply 9
Original post by Maker
This thread is in very poor taste and shows a lack of respect..

Why? We are talking about 1 human being here. Look in the rest of the current affairs section and you will se threads disscussing the deaths of thousands of people in a very matter of fact way.
If she was an Ethnic Minority child nobody would care. I guarantee you if it was a Black, Asian or non white child, the British media wouldn't pay this much attention. But I think she's probably dead.
Reply 11
Original post by Onishan
I think she's dead. it would be good if she was alive though. if she was alive they probably would have found her by now. if they can find Saddam Hussein in a cave and Ben Laden in Pakistan why can't they find madeleine?

I also believe she's dead.
Reply 12
Original post by Kruz
If she was an Ethnic Minority child nobody would care. I guarantee you if it was a Black, Asian or non white child, the British media wouldn't pay this much attention. But I think she's probably dead.

I think she's dead

How many thousands of children go missing, are kidnapped and killed or sold, unnoticed by the media, in the Far East, Africa, and Southern America?

Why should one little girl be different?

It's a tragedy
Original post by Kruz

Don't bring it down to a race thing. Plenty of white kids go missing and never get this attention either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I also believe she is dead and the parents aren't being honest about what actually happened.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same as some of the above, I think her parents are hiding something
Original post by Wilde Child
And why/why not?

Unfortunately not- my dad works in the police and he said there's some shocking figure (I can't remember exactly what it is- I think it's 95% - might even be higher!) statistic that any child under 11 that is missing for over 24 hours is dead.

:frown: Tragic case.

Just edited this to say I'm not sure whether I should be commenting or not- I think this thread has the potential to be pretty offensive to relations of Maddie etc.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Akuzan
I also believe she's dead.

I agree. I think she's dead.
Let's look at the possible scenarios
1. She wandered off into the building site looking for her parents and had an accident-dead
2. Her parents did something -dead
3. She was kidnapped with the intention of murder -dead
4. She was kidnapped without the attention of murder but the kidnapper got spooked by the media storm-dead

Of course she could still be alive, but if she was trafficked the chances if finding her are nil.
If she has been raised as someone else's child what would happen if they found her? She wouldn't even know her biological parents, she would class the people who raised her as her parents.

Whatever the scenario sadly things didn't or won't end well for Madeleine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by miscounted_time
I agree. I think she's dead.
Let's look at the possible scenarios
1. She wandered off into the building site looking for her parents and had an accident-dead
2. Her parents did something -dead
3. She was kidnapped with the intention of murder -dead
4. She was kidnapped without the attention of murder but the kidnapper got spooked by the media storm-dead

Of course she could still be alive, but if she was trafficked the chances if finding her are nil.
If she has been raised as someone else's child what would happen if they found her? She wouldn't even know her biological parents, she would class the people who raised her as her parents.

Whatever the scenario sadly things didn't or won't end well for Madeleine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed.
Original post by Kruz

I was just talking about this earlier. And both of her parents were doctors too, which I think adds to it.
Like there are over half a million children who have been abducted since Madeleine. Most of them I would've never even heard about. But almost a decade later, her case is still in the paper.

Latest

Trending

Trending