The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam278
Why don't you guys go for Higuain? He had a solid season last year and him and Giroud is sufficient depth imo.

Wouldn't mind him at all. Read that we were linked but don't trust the source yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8241
Original post by jam278
Roman is a man with integrity of the highest order...

Tbf if Roman was ever in Serie A around 2000 he'd have a field day.

Corrected.
Match fixing in Italy isn't limited to a certain period.

Original post by jam278
Why don't you guys go for Higuain? He had a solid season last year and him and Giroud is sufficient depth imo.

Because he isn't available. Napoli denied it but that's unglamorous so people will continue to speculate.
Well it's since come out that we were very far off from Schalke's valuation of Draxler anyway, so whether he wanted to leave is neither here nor there. It is an easy way to earn some respect from the Veltins Arena Nordkurve to say that he never wanted to leave however, I suspect he would have.

Just sign Greizmann using the Vela situation FFS. Greizmann is yet another French Arsenal fan who would no doubt jump at that chance and his value increases every single month now.

You could see how much better Ozil was for Germany with so much movement in front and you can imagine Greizmann being a great success in England for us.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by baconbutty
Suarez was nothing like balotelli and even if he was you would put up with it because he's a far better player

This. Balotelli's problems are very different to Suarez's.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are Balotelli's antics even that bad? The English media embellishes quite a lot about him.

He had a row with Mancini on the training pitch once and did some wacky stuff in his free time but I wouldnt say it affected his on the pitch performances as such. Not like he's drinking and smoking every week like Wayne Rooney is...
Balotelli: "If you have the money to buy a Maserati, buy a Maserati"
The media hate Ballotelli

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Isometrix
Balotelli: "If you have the money to buy a Maserati, buy a Maserati"

“I like fireworks too, but I set them off in gardens or kebab stands. I never set fire to my own house.” Zlatan when asked about Mario Balotelli setting fire to his own house. :biggrin:
Original post by Zürich

“I like fireworks too, but I set them off in gardens or kebab stands. I never set fire to my own house.” Zlatan when asked about Mario Balotelli setting fire to his own house. :biggrin:

Imagine Balotelli and Nicky B on a night out together. They would wreck the city tbf.
Original post by Zürich
Are Balotelli's antics even that bad? The English media embellishes quite a lot about him.

He had a row with Mancini on the training pitch once and did some wacky stuff in his free time but I wouldnt say it affected his on the pitch performances as such. Not like he's drinking and smoking every week like Wayne Rooney is...

Maybe it's because he's got a horrible attitude on the pitch as well where if it isn't going his way he'll just do absolutely nothing and completely stop trying or get himself sent off. Cost city the Europa league and almost the prem
Original post by Zürich
You could see how much better Ozil was for Germany with so much movement in front and you can imagine Greizmann being a great success in England for us.

Ozil was still the most anonymous German player. I didn't realise he was on the pitch until 30 minutes in.
No signings will be made until August and any deals will be done on the last day as we try to save £500k on the Kalou transfer.
We won't buy any wingers. We have Joel Campbell and Serge Gnabry. Don't want to potentially harm their development.

Posted from TSR Mobile
He still managed to **** up his one on one with the keeper......
Original post by Webster2002
We won't buy any wingers. We have Joel Campbell and Serge Gnabry. Don't want to potentially harm their development.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Said Arsenal when selling Viera to prioritise Fabregas in 2005, ushering in a decade of countless trophies, success, and joy.
Sky sports news posted about Ballotellis agent refusing to rule out an Arsenal move

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95

It's a pretty unlikely move to be honest. Although, Balotelli (theoretically), Vela and Griezmann would be wicked additions to the squad!

Who else are Arsenal eyeing up this Summer?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Khallil
It's a pretty unlikely move to be honest. Although, Balotelli (theoretically), Vela and Griezmann would be wicked additions to the squad!

Who else are Arsenal eyeing up this Summer?

We have no intentions of keeping Vela

Caulker, Mandzukic, Morata, possibly Remy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Sky sports news posted about Ballotellis agent refusing to rule out an Arsenal move

Posted from TSR Mobile

That fella is a notorious bull****er and shyster even for an agent, he's Zlatan's as well. Even if Arsenal arent in, he'll be banging the drum anyway.
Original post by AR_95

I could've sworn we were buying Vela back ... :gasp:

Latest