The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Martinez will try and mug off Wenger so I don't see the Coleman deal happening

Posted from TSR Mobile
**** negotiating with Everton, they're even worse than us!

Unless Coleman has a release clause then forget about it, you're going to have to pay a whopping British premium for him.
Original post by jam278
Paradox.

Did you know a thing about Aurier outside of Football manager until this season?

Coleman has been good for the past two seasons tbh and his assist and goal stats are exactly what Arsenal need. I don't think Everton will sell for cheap though.

Unfortunately we aren't chelsea. We'll go for the cheap option and if it works out great praise wenger for another bargain signing. If not then we'll harbour another liability in our team while the Chelsea's of this world take the steps to be level with barca/madrid/bayern. I have a lot of admiration for chelsea and your methods of transfers/negotiation you've become one of the best clubs around in transfer dealings
Reply 8303
50m for Torress is highly admirable I must admit. Easily a GOAT transfer. And thieving players from other clubs as well. I probably should apologise for doubting your faultess opinion.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by baconbutty
Unfortunately we aren't chelsea. We'll go for the cheap option and if it works out great praise wenger for another bargain signing. If not then we'll harbour another liability in our team while the Chelsea's of this world take the steps to be level with barca/madrid/bayern. I have a lot of admiration for chelsea and your methods of transfers/negotiation you've become one of the best clubs around in transfer dealings

I agree if your manager just spent a bit of cash(that he has now) you guys would have an amazing team. There are top players available.

We've been very good with our transfer dealings. If they can gel then hopefully we can get closer to the Madrids/Bayerns/Barca's. Still not there yet however, I think this is the season we start to bridge the gap. Reckon 2 signings are needed and I think we can win the CL with the team.
Original post by 419
50m for Torress is highly admirable I must admit. Easily a GOAT transfer. I probably should apologise for doubting your faultess opinion.

3.5 years ago. Since that fiasco we've been pretty good in transfer dealings, the past year in particular we've done better transfer dealings than Arsenal personally.

You dithered about for 3 months and bought a luxury signing that you didn't need while we've actually bought players that were required for the team. So I agree with BaconButty.

We haven't thieved any players bar Salah and that was more out of the need as Mata and De Bruyne were both leaving in one window.
Reply 8306
Baconbutty clearly the dupe of a Chelsea supporter. Always thought it was Jam, but now he's having a conversation with himself if so..I don't know what to believe :pierre:
Admiration for Chelsea? Devaluing Arsenal's FA cup win? baconbutty is obviously not an Arsenal supporter. I honestly don't know is more stupid baconbutty himself or the people who agree with him and his anti Arsenal drivel
I don't think it's hard having a conversation with your self on two accounts here

Having said that I don't think jam is butty

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 419
50m for Torress is highly admirable I must admit. Easily a GOAT transfer. And thieving players from other clubs as well. I probably should apologise for doubting your faultess opinion.

They've just sold luiz for 50m mata for 38 de bruyne for 22

We sold nasri 22, fabregas 29, van persie 24

They put us to shame they've bought brilliantly this window as well they took a punt on world class talent like Torres that's why they compete at the highest level and we don't
Reply 8310
Original post by jam278
3.5 years ago. Since that fiasco we've been pretty good in transfer dealings, the past year in particular we've done better transfer dealings than Arsenal personally.

You dithered about for 3 months and bought a luxury signing that you didn't need while we've actually bought players that were required for the team. So I agree with BaconButty.

I must've forgotten the striker you bought last summer and how you didn't dither about either and steal players from the nose of others.

That luxury signing wasn't done in a day btw.

But of course, we are only ever allowed to pick a timescale to **** on arsenal and ignore everything else. Wouldn't help with the arsenal circle jerk otherwise.

Haram meat is never wrong. I agree.
Original post by mhsc
Baconbutty clearly the dupe of a Chelsea supporter. Always thought it was Jam, but now he's having a conversation with himself if so..I don't know what to believe :pierre:

BaconButty is quite clearly an Arsenal fan, may have a soft spot for City since a lot of his favourite players play for them.

Why would anybody think I'm BaconButty? I don't even troll Arsenal fans any more as it's clearly a case of kicking them while they're down if I'm winding them up so to say that I deliberately have another account just to pretend I'm an Arsenal supporter is quite shocking to say the least.
Dam it Arsene. Why can't you splash out your oil money on transfers like the all mighty Chelsea

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sevchenko
Admiration for Chelsea? Devaluing Arsenal's FA cup win? baconbutty is obviously not an Arsenal supporter. I honestly don't know is more stupid baconbutty himself or the people who agree with him and his anti Arsenal drivel

I'm an idiot for saying we need to show ambition and improve. This moron here is why we will never achieve greatness
Original post by AR_95
Dam it Arsene. Why can't you splash out your oil money on transfers like the all mighty Chelsea

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or maybe just some of that 160m in the bank would do
Original post by 419
I must've forgotten the striker you bought last summer and how you didn't dither about either and steal players from the nose of others.

That luxury signing wasn't done in a day btw.

But of course, we are only ever allowed to pick a timescale to **** on arsenal and ignore everything else. Wouldn't help with the arsenal circle jerk otherwise.

Haram meat is never wrong. I agree.

You know that signing that was free and because there was no value in the market for a world class striker at the time(Higuain not good enough, Cavani 50M, Falcao 47M). :yy:

We didn't dither in the summer window, we asked for Wayne Rooney, they didn't budge so we went for Eto'o for free.

Always the victim
I'm an idiot for saying we need to show ambition and improve. This moron here is why we will never achieve greatness

The way I see it as a fan of football is that Wenger needs to stop being this idealist that trusting players and youth will pay off in the trophy haul. There were excuses until last season, he won a trophy so fair enough but he could have won the PL with a striker in Jan and this year all the other teams are stronger.

You'll come top 4 no doubt though. Arsene said himself that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
(edited 9 years ago)
Or maybe just some of that 160m in the bank would do

Nonsense spend the whole 160m and sell off 5 of our starting players then maybe we will have 200m to spend and can buy a squad like City's right

Posted from TSR Mobile
They've just sold luiz for 50m mata for 38 de bruyne for 22

We sold nasri 22, fabregas 29, van persie 24.
They put us to shame they've bought brilliantly this window as well they took a punt on world class talent like Torres that's why they compete at the highest level and we don't

Nasri £24m, Fabregas ended up as £34m this very week after Barca payed up remaining conditional clauses.And if you want to talk about selling well then just run through some of Wenger's greatest hits from Overmars, through to Adebayor all the way to Song. He's mugged off so many clubs :laugh:

Put us to shame? You mean picking up a player who we rejected and who continues to wistfully talk about Arsenal in press conferences :laugh:

Diego Costa is at least as likely to flop as he is to succeed.

That David Luiz transfer isnt any kind of genius anyway, either Chelsea/PSG are cooking the books or its just a case of getting lucky. Newcastle got £35m for Carroll but I wouldnt say it was through any particular genius :laugh:

We cant compare ourselves to the plastic clubs, they dont have to behave like proper clubs.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
Nonsense spend the whole 160m and sell off 5 of our starting players then maybe we will have 200m to spend and can buy a squad like City's right

Posted from TSR Mobile

What? Stop posting complete and utter drivel. We have 160m in the bank. More than every single premier league club combined it's an absolute ****ing joke that it never gets spent and don't let your agenda towards me convince you otherwise
Reply 8319
Original post by jam278
You know that signing that was free and because there was no value in the market for a world class striker at the time(Higuain not good enough, Cavani 50M, Falcao 47M). :yy:

We didn't dither in the summer window, we asked for Wayne Rooney, they didn't budge so we went for Eto'o for free.

Always the victim

Isn't it ADM.

Lol at the bold part though. Suarez anyone?

Latest