The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by baconbutty
What? Stop posting complete and utter drivel. We have 160m in the bank. More than every single premier league club combined it's an absolute ****ing joke that it never gets spent and don't let your agenda towards me convince you otherwise

Here we go again with the victim card

For the record I don't deny that we should be spending a lot more of the 160m.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich
Nasri £24m, Fabregas ended up as £34m this very week after Barca payed up remaining conditional clauses.

Put us to shame? You mean picking up a player who we rejected and who continues to wistfully talk about Arsenal in press conferences :laugh:

Diego Costa is at least as likely to flop as he is to succeed.

That David Luiz transfer isnt any kind of genius anyway, either Chelsea/PSG are cooking the books or its just a case of getting lucky. Newcastle got £35m for Carroll but I wouldnt say it was through any particular genius :laugh:

We cant compare ourselves to the plastic clubs, they dont have to behave like proper clubs.

Fabregas was a 50m player absolute joke.

Nasri at least 30

Don't try and ****ing devalue costa he's twice the player giroud is and bragging about rejecting fabregas? Let's see the smirk on your face next season when arteta is putting in championship performances next season
Original post by 419
Isn't it ADM.

Lol at the bold part though. Suarez anyone?

Here's the thing though. You didn't actually attempt to buy a striker and decided to turn your attentions to Nicky B.

We went and bought a striker because he was clearly needed.

But I guess it's the same thing just because it suits your point. :dontknow:
Fabregas was a 50m player absolute joke.

Nasri at least 30

Don't try and ****ing devalue costa he's twice the player giroud is and bragging about rejecting fabregas? Let's see the smirk on your face next season when arteta is putting in championship performances next season

You'll be laughing though?

KTBFFH innit mate

And if Cesc is a £50m player, how come his last 2 transfers have been for just over half that? And how come there was a whopping 1 club in for him at £27m? :laugh:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278
Here's the thing though. You didn't actually attempt to buy a striker and decided to turn your attentions to Nicky B.

We did buy a striker in fairness to wenger he just hasn't actually scored a goal yet
Reply 8325
It's actually amazing how a club that's so terrible was the only one to know about Suarez's clause.
**** almost at 500 pages

This thread has burned through quick

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8327
Original post by jam278

What's the better babyjet track? Do do dance or african girls?
Original post by 419
It's actually amazing how a club that's so terrible was the only one to know about Suarez's clause.

How can you know about Suarez' clause and still not get your man?

Don't talk about john Henry blah blah, if you wanted to you could have taken them to court for them not respecting the release clause but Arsene decided not to.

Essentially you managed to actually get the money for your man and still not manage to get him. :lol:
Original post by Zürich
You'll be laughing though?

KTBFFH innit mate

I'll be absolutely ashamed at being associated with such a disgusting club if we have to put up with the same next season. You all feel exactly the same as me but it's just an agenda against me that takes priority over how you feel about the club for some of you unflrtunately
Original post by 419
What's the better babyjet track? Do do dance or african girls?

I'll be absolutely ashamed at being associated with such a disgusting club if we have to put up with the same next season. You all feel exactly the same as me but it's just an agenda against me that takes priority over how you feel about the club for some of you unflrtunately

There's no agenda. We've accepted your not a dupe or troll

Plastic is a better word though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam278

Don't talk about john Henry blah blah, if you wanted to you could have taken them to court for them not respecting the release clause but Arsene decided not to.

Essentially you managed to actually get the money for your man and still not manage to get him. :lol:

Any idea how long these court cases last?

As soon as Liverpool took their, illegal, position, Suarez knew it was a case of spending literally a season in court with an uncertain outcome, and made the rational decision to sign a contract. Arsenal as a club arent likely to get involved in that kind of crap, way above stooping to that level thankfully :wink:

So Liverpool were a bit cheeky, nothing we can do about it. Taking one positive from it, it showed that a player of LS's calibre wanted to play for us.

You can guarantee that LS has a very black/white release clause now though, probably for £60m+ though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8333
Original post by jam278

Of course we're not allowed to talk about him. What could we have taken him to court for?

Do da dance is more african though is it not?
Original post by Zürich
Any idea how long these court cases last?

As soon as Liverpool took their, illegal, position, Suarez knew it was a case of spending literally a season in court with an uncertain outcome, and made the rational decision to sign a contract. Arsenal as a club arent likely to get involved in that kind of crap, way above stooping to that level thankfully :wink:

So Liverpool were a bit cheeky, nothing we can do about it.

You can guarantee that LS has a very black/white release clause now though, probably for £60m+ though.

Probably would be long, but then you can unsettle Suarez and your competition, get your man eventually in the next transfer window or in the summer and Liverpool would be in serious trouble, meaning you've got rid of a competitor.

It was worth pursuing in a court case.

LS would have a release clause for about £70M imo.
If Madrid did buy Suarez then where would Benzema most likely go. PSG if Cavani leaves?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam278
Probably would be long, but then you can unsettle Suarez and your competition, get your man eventually in the next transfer window or in the summer and Liverpool would be in serious trouble, meaning you've got rid of a competitor.

It was worth pursuing in a court case.

LS would have a release clause for about £70M imo.

How quickly did LS sign a contract after LFC made their stance? Within a month.

Clearly LS was smart enough to realise that his position was untenable, and that taking his employer to court in an uncertain case was not in the best interests of his career, much as he wanted to leave. He's have made that clear to Arsenal as well and so there was no skin in the game for us any more, game over. Fair play to Henry, they called that they'd get away with breaching a contract.

He took the pay rise, and a rock solid clause and waited things out. No doubt he's hopeful that RM come in for him one of these days,
Original post by AR_95
There's no agenda. We've accepted your not a dupe or troll

Plastic is a better word though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Explain what I've said that's trolling. This should be good because I can guarantee you've got **** all if anything you're the troll who's always bending over and defending the sheer incompetence of the club. The incompetence last summer is honestly the worst I've ever come across since I've been watching football 28m net spend (probably less for you take wages in to account) with our resources is a shambles the league was there for the taking this season. When's out next shot at it gonna be?

Curious do you actually go to the emirates at all? Your attitude doesn't surprise me at all as it strikes me of someone who's sitting happy watching his streams while the rest of us spend our hard earned wages watching the same **** every season
Original post by 419
Of course we're not allowed to talk about him. What could we have taken him to court for?

Do da dance is more african though is it not?

For breach of contract, it would involve you guys just as much as Suarez if you decided to get involved as you actually went to buy him.

Yeah Do da dance is more African. Just prefer African girls though.

Maybe if Babyjet spent more time practising penalties we'd have won the ACON and got to a WC semi final ffs.
Explain what I've said that's trolling. This should be good because I can guarantee you've got **** all if anything you're the troll who's always bending over and defending the sheer incompetence of the club. The incompetence last summer is honestly the worst I've ever come across since I've been watching football 28m net spend (probably less for you take wages in to account) with our resources is a shambles the league was there for the taking this season. When's out next shot at it gonna be?

Curious do you actually go to the emirates at all? Your attitude doesn't surprise me at all as it strikes me of someone who's sitting happy watching his streams while the rest of us spend our hard earned wages watching the same **** every season

Did you not just read what I said? I said I've accepted your not a dupe or a troll but I call you plastic because you aspire to the likes of Chelsea yet love to bash Arsenal at any chance you get. No one denies the past decade has been dark especially the recent years and yes they have been embarrassing but this season has been an improvement. Maybe not enough but there has been improvement and you refuse to see it. A fan enjoys the positives too especially when there are mostly negatives so the fact that we win a trophy after 9 years and you hardly give a **** says a lot.

All your posts are anti Arsenal literally 100% of them. I'd say you enjoy it.

Your not the only one who is disappointed about how the club is operating but that doesn't mean you have to come on a discussion forum and cry about it constantly or shoot down any positive point made about the club

People understand your frustrations because most feel the same but after the way you've been posting on the forum how do you expect people to take you seriously, and if you don't, why bother?

Again, no agenda.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest