The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 419
They can't CL qualifiers.

I forgot about that. Our start to the season is very hectic.
Viera and Pires
Henry and Cole
Hleb and Flamini
Adebayor and Toure
Fabregas, Nasri AND Clichy
van Persie and Song
Sagna and ...?

Cazorla and Koscielny looked likely but both have signed new contracts. Ozil has just arrived and has yet to do anything worth being signed by another club anyway. Ramsey had a decent season so is probably under threat but maybe not quite yet. Gibbs to City? Szczesny as a back up to one of the bigger clubs in Europe (I'm thinking RM if Casillas leaves)?
Reply 8382
Original post by Bound 2
lol i forgot u man still had this

No worries. You're not expected to know how CL works after such a long hiatus.
Reply 8383
Original post by Bound 2
Viera and Pires
Henry and Cole
Hleb and Flamini
Adebayor and Toure
van Persie and Song

Cazorla and Koscielny looked likely but both have signed new contracts. Ozil has just arrived and has yet to do anything worth being signed by another club anyway. Ramsey had a decent season so is probably under threat but maybe not quite yet. Gibbs to City? Szczesny as a back up to one of the bigger clubs in Europe (I'm thinking RM if Casillas leaves)?

yh
Fixture list is perfect

No bottle neck of tough games like normal, Feb/March looks reasonable so we can make a push on in the CL hopefully. All of the biggies are evenly spread out. Start with a nice easy home London derby and the NLD early doors too before the yids have time to get their act together under Mauricio, cant wait for them! Man City in Sept at home winnable too for some confidence and then Chelsea in early Oct, we're due a result there.

Christmas fixtures look fine, we should pick up some momentum then, not even that worried by going to Anfield. Also, WHU away again at Crhistmas?3rd year in a row. My bro got me a ticket last year so hope for more of the same :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 419
yh

im bored man, slow day
Original post by 419
No worries. You're not expected to know how CL works after such a long hiatus.

tbh Arsenal don't really know what the CL's about either, seeing as

but Liverpool do have some experience in terms of
The only issue is when you factor in the CL qualifiers and group stage, all our following fixtures in the league are away, bar Newcastle;

CL (Qual)
Everton A
CL (Qual)
Leicester A
CL
Villa A
CL
Chelsea A
CL
Sunderland A
CL
Swansea A
CL
West Brom A
CL
Newcastle H
Original post by Peggles_*
The only issue is when you factor in the CL qualifiers and group stage, all our following fixtures in the league are away, bar Newcastle;

CL (Qual)
Everton A
CL (Qual)
Leicester A
CL
Villa A
CL
Chelsea A
CL
Sunderland A
CL
Swansea A
CL
West Brom A
CL
Newcastle H

Could you give us a link to the CL fixtures list?
everton, man city, spurs, chelsea in our first 7 games for **** sake we're gonna be in the relegation zone by the start of october
Original post by Peggles_*

CL (Qual)
Everton A
CL (Qual)
Leicester A
CL
Villa A
CL
Chelsea A
CL
Sunderland A
CL
Swansea A
CL
West Brom A
CL
Newcastle H

We must finish top of our CL group this year, even if it's another group of death. Sick and tired of playing the top team in the 2nd round every year now!

We can afford to rotate heavily for Swansea, WBA, Newcastle, Sunderland. Only Chelsea should be prioritised over the corresponding CL game

Original post by Bound 2
Could you give us a link to the CL fixtures list?

In Liverpool's case, the 2014-15 CL fixtures finish in 2014. Never mind though, will be great for inflating Liverpool's finishing position again to be the only top club who can focus on the PL ! Swings and roundabouts. And the good thing is, it takes 3/4 years at least to get into the top CL pots so this can continue for years, or at least until you drop out of the CL again! :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
:love: 419
Original post by Zürich
We must finish top of our CL group this year, even if it's another group of death. Sick and tired of playing the top team in the 2nd round every year now!

We can afford to rotate heavily for Swansea, WBA, Newcastle, Sunderland. Only Chelsea should be prioritised over the corresponding CL game

In Liverpool's case, the 2014-15 CL fixtures finish in 2014. Never mind though, will be great for inflating Liverpool's finishing position again to be the only top club who can focus on the PL ! Swings and roundabouts. And the good thing is, it takes 3/4 years at least to get into the top CL pots so this can continue for years, or at least until you drop out of the CL again! :wink:

we only play 2 more games before being embarrassingly dumped out
Reply 8394
As long as we don't have to go to Eurasia more than once, the away fixtures on the back of CL games won't matter too much. Hopefully the Chelsea match is on the back of an home game as it's the only issue. Not like we won't lose to them anyways.
Reply 8395
Original post by Bound 2
Viera and Pires
Henry and Cole
Hleb and Flamini
Adebayor and Toure
van Persie and Song
Sagna and ...?

Fabianksi init
Original post by baconbutty
we only play 2 more games before being embarrassingly dumped out

They get through every year so this doesn't even make sense. You can't be an Arsenal fan
Original post by Bound 2
Viera and Pires
Henry and Cole
Hleb and Flamini
Adebayor and Toure
van Persie and Song
Sagna and ...?

Cole left at the same time as Vieira and Pires, not Henry
Original post by manchesterunited15
They get through every year so this doesn't even make sense. You can't be an Arsenal fan

I'm talking about the last 16.....
Original post by baconbutty
I'm talking about the last 16.....

You need to be more clear m8

Latest