The Student Room Group

AQA Religious Fundamentalism RST4B

I am aware this exam is only 33 hours away HOWEVER I hate this subject. does anyone even sit this exam because it seems to be only a very small minority of people actually posting online about it.

how can you revise for this subject?! I have been reading the past 3 days from two books and attempting to make notes but the lack of guidance from a textbook and the broad subject content is driving me insane. ANY help is appreciated. ideally I'd want a C out of this but I doubt that is possible
Reply 1
I do this!
Look at the specification, it's really clear on what you need to know :smile:

But basically, as long as you know the origins of fundamentalism (ie the 1910 fundamentalist movement in America and it's development) and two other fundamentalist movements origins and attitudes towards the role of women, crime and punishment, education and war you should be fine! Oh and be able to compare the similarities and differences between the two movements..

There are more specific questions such has definitions of fundamentalism but if you learn everything I've stated above you can just apply the knowledge :smile: Hope this helps! I can try and answer any more specific questions you have
Reply 2
Original post by rbell30
I do this!
Look at the specification, it's really clear on what you need to know :smile:

But basically, as long as you know the origins of fundamentalism (ie the 1910 fundamentalist movement in America and it's development) and two other fundamentalist movements origins and attitudes towards the role of women, crime and punishment, education and war you should be fine! Oh and be able to compare the similarities and differences between the two movements..

There are more specific questions such has definitions of fundamentalism but if you learn everything I've stated above you can just apply the knowledge :smile: Hope this helps! I can try and answer any more specific questions you have

oh my goodness THANK YOU! I have abandoned the second question about the two groups and focusing on the rise and development question instead, but there seems to be such a stupid amount of stuff to know and quotes!! I do have a few questions though if you could try answer them.

for a question about liberal modernism, can I only write about biblical criticism/premillenialism/mythos to logos or is there more to it? I get the concept of liberals differing from fundamentalists but I don't have much content other than that which I know to write about..

also for secularisation, am I right to talk about the gradual separation of church and state and how this effects, including laws of homosexuality/contraception etc? bit worried I'll turn it into a sociology essay.

thanks so much for replying, honestly, I'm finding it so hard to find other people that are doing this exam. you're a lifesaver
Reply 3
Original post by snsnsn
oh my goodness THANK YOU! I have abandoned the second question about the two groups and focusing on the rise and development question instead, but there seems to be such a stupid amount of stuff to know and quotes!! I do have a few questions though if you could try answer them.

for a question about liberal modernism, can I only write about biblical criticism/premillenialism/mythos to logos or is there more to it? I get the concept of liberals differing from fundamentalists but I don't have much content other than that which I know to write about..

also for secularisation, am I right to talk about the gradual separation of church and state and how this effects, including laws of homosexuality/contraception etc? bit worried I'll turn it into a sociology essay.

thanks so much for replying, honestly, I'm finding it so hard to find other people that are doing this exam. you're a lifesaver

Okay, so for liberal modernism I'd talk about what you've said and also include stuff like higher criticism, Darwin's theory of evolution.. basically just stuff that contradicts anything fundamentalists say. I'd also use these for secularism, but just link it more specifically to the question.
It's all just the same general idea that people have become less reliant on the church because they have more rational explanations. I wouldn't go too much into laws on homosexuality etc, maybe just briefly mention them as an example of how society has differing opinions from the fundamentalists.

Hope this makes sense, sorry it's a bit waffley! I'm happy to answer any other questions, it's good revision :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest