The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by manchesterunited15
You quoted me but it seems to have been deleted?

I've just cleaned up the last 5 pages of this thread because there was so much that needed removing. Debate/differing opinions are fine, personal attacks on other users are not.
Original post by jam278
Aurier is cheaper and younger though but is it worth the development phase?

Arsene's modus operandi is to develop them himself.

And we know what happens after he develops them.

I thought they'd dropped out of the Aurier race though?
Original post by sr90
I've just cleaned up the last 5 pages of this thread because there was so much that needed removing. Debate/differing opinions are fine, personal attacks on other users are not.

You've joined the pigs. I am disappoint.

Minor though we're cool.
Original post by jam278
I get that. Just saying that Coleman is effective attacking wise. A problem with Arsenal last season was that teams just pushed up the park and narrowed down which made it impossible for you to play, you used to circumvent that by having quality attacking fullbacks, if there's no pace in the team again(Walcott and Chamberlain injured) then you'll have to rely on the fullbacks again on the overlap for some width.

Coleman therefore is better as he's more suited to the league and his assist stats show that he gets into good positions and can lay the ball/cross it to a player with good accuracy, their goals conceded isn't too high either so it's not like he's a potential suspect in the team. Aurier is cheaper and younger though but is it worth the development phase?

Might be just me but I think Coleman is defensively culpable a lot of the time for Everton, he's caught out way too far up the pitch. Could do with reducing the frequency of his attacking runs and defending more tbh.
So what does this mean exactly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam278
You've joined the pigs. I am disappoint.

Minor though we're cool.

Haha I didn't apply, I got a random PM one day asking if i'd give it a try :tongue:
Original post by Kruz
So what does this mean exactly?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've read articles through our the year about how puma are helping to enforce some sort of a deal for us

Posted from TSR Mobile
The sun and metro were trying to report that lavezzi has become one of our top targets and his price tag is 19m euros

Would be a great buy but think the source is *******s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
I've read articles through our the year about how puma are helping to enforce some sort of a deal for us

Posted from TSR Mobile

People keeping saying they reckon it is Balotelli. I'm looking forward to the 1st of July.
Original post by Kruz
People keeping saying they reckon it is Balotelli. I'm looking forward to the 1st of July.

I hope it's more than one signing though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8450
I've said this before, but I don't rate costa as high as most people + the media do. Every time I've seen him play, he hasn't been anything special :/

Yeah yeah he's been injured and that's why he's playing **** at this tounrament but even in the la liga, I've never seen anything from him that's wow'd me- not like Falcao or Cavani did in the season before last
Actually I'm starting to see these lavezzi rumours spread.

I don't want to get my hopes up lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8452
Original post by Kruz

Also, Gazidis said that were in talks with our targets. He pluralised it so I'm hoping we won't stick to the single signing
Original post by SHOO
I've said this before, but I don't rate costa as high as most people + the media do. Every time I've seen him play, he hasn't been anything special :/

Yeah yeah he's been injured and that's why he's playing **** at this tounrament but even in the la liga, I've never seen anything from him that's wow'd me- not like Falcao or Cavani did in the season before last

That's the thing he isn't that type of striker who is technically magnificent but he does the job and gets down n dirty when he needs to and has given Atletico a great return

He's a dangerous player. Just only had one good season and is quite different to your traditional world class striker

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8454
Original post by AR_95
That's the thing he isn't that type of striker who is technically magnificent but he does the job and gets down n dirty when he needs to and has given Atletico a great return

He's a dangerous player. Just only had one good season and is quite different to your traditional world class striker

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, he gets the job done and is a good player there's no doubt about that.

But I do think he's overrated, by both the media and a lot of fans
I'm starting to get my hopes up and just have an itch that next month is going to be very rewarding for us

Not a chance in hell Wenger would let Cesc Vermalan and Sagna go to rivals without having something else planned

Pls Venga pls

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Haha I didn't apply, I got a random PM one day asking if i'd give it a try :tongue:

I never got a PM. What a par.

Original post by SHOO

Nah I agree. He's had one quite good season and one great season but I don't see him as naturally talented.
Original post by sr90

I got one and said no, you're a traitor
only reason puma would help us do a deal would be if it was an absolutely WC signing, they aint helping us do no balotelli level or less deal.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
only reason puma would help us do a deal would be if it was an absolutely WC signing, they aint helping us do no balotelli level or less deal.

It's not a question of if they are helping us it's more of who they are helping us with

And I'm dying to find out because Ballotelli was one if Arsenes targets for a while

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest