The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield / Endcliffe Village: Nearest Gym?

I'll be moving to Sheffield come September in order to attend The University of Sheffield.
I'll likely be looking at staying at Endcliffe village, however as I've never visited Sheffield before I was wondering whether I could get some clarification on the nearest gym?

I've read that Opal2 sports it's own gym facilities plus a swimming pool; is anybody aware whether the facilities are open to non-tenants under a membership? Thanks
Reply 1
Bump.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by kotoyoseru
I'll be moving to Sheffield come September in order to attend The University of Sheffield.
I'll likely be looking at staying at Endcliffe village, however as I've never visited Sheffield before I was wondering whether I could get some clarification on the nearest gym?

I've read that Opal2 sports it's own gym facilities plus a swimming pool; is anybody aware whether the facilities are open to non-tenants under a membership? Thanks

Hi,

The Goodwin Sports Centre is the University of Sheffield's main centre of sports facilities, with a large gym, sports halls, various exercise classes, a swimming pool and the Matrix bouldering wall. It's about a 15-20 minute walk from Endcliffe and about a 5-10 minute walk from the main university campus (its in the middle of them, so handy to pop into on your way home from lectures).

As a student, you'll be able to get a membership as soon as you arrive in Sheffield. Often there are membership deals for students, so keep your eyes peeled for these.

Hope that answers your question!

Best wishes,

Georgie, Student Communications Team at the University of Sheffield.
Reply 3
Thank you very much George, this has been super helpful :>
Reply 4
Worth mentioning that if you're into weights the gym, in my opinion, is inadequately small. It gets really busy for most of the day and you'll be waiting for a bench or squat rank most days. Unless you get in early.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending