The Student Room Group

Opinions on guys with a 'Tragus' piercing!

I'm trying to persuade my Boyfriend to get his Tragus pierced as he has been saying for a while he wants to get it done, however he hasn't got any piercings and is fairly worried its going to hurt (a LOT)!

Can the lovely people of TSR reassure him its worth it and doesn't hurt that much...
Reply 1
Can look cool if the guy has other piercings, but on it's own will look a bit weird IMO
Reply 2
Original post by Steezy
Can look cool if the guy has other piercings, but on it's own will look a bit weird IMO

Do you think? I think it would look nice! Just a small stud almost...
I think it would look stupid and it would hurt, so I wouldn't recommend he do it.

I suppose this isn't really the answer you're looking for...
Reply 4
Original post by tengentoppa
I think it would look stupid and it would hurt, so I wouldn't recommend he do it.

I suppose this isn't really the answer you're looking for...

Well I wanted opinions and they are all valid, I do appreciate you commenting :smile:
Reply 5
I don't really like the piercings on guys look to be honest but that's just my opinion
Reply 6
Okay guys, maybe not such a good idea! Thanks for the input :smile:
I saw a guy yesterday with a tragus piercing (and no others) and didn't like it at all - to me it's a girly piercing.
Reply 8
Original post by MeganConway
I'm trying to persuade my Boyfriend to get his Tragus pierced as he has been saying for a while he wants to get it done, however he hasn't got any piercings and is fairly worried its going to hurt (a LOT)!

Can the lovely people of TSR reassure him its worth it and doesn't hurt that much...

Just searched on google, my first thoughts are that... it looks a bit gay tbh!
Reply 9
Not bad idea got mine done over a week ago, the pain ain't that bad just had a funny feeling in my feet and it was just a weird sound having it done. It just all depends on his pain barrier thats all, hope that helps :smile:
Reply 10
I have the lowest pain tolerance ever and it literally didn't hurt at all it was just red and felt hot after, no big deal!

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are a lot of people dissing it purely because they couldn't pull it off, I think it looks fine tbf, pretty painful though I reckon D:
Original post by BayHarborButcher
There are a lot of people dissing it purely because they couldn't pull it off, I think it looks fine tbf, pretty painful though I reckon D:

There is a DJ I know who has a single stud piercing in his Tragus and it Looks really really nice! We are still 50/50 at the moment! I think he wants to get it done but is just worried about the pain..
I am male and only have one piercing that being a tragus piercing! I'm not gay and don't look it either, I'm also not the best attractive guy but I have never had a negative comment about it and honestly feel it could suit anyone.I was nervous as f*** as I knew it was one of the painful piercings you can get, but all in all you have about 20 seconds of pain and it's done and dusted with

I don’t like it. If he doesn’t want it don’t force him.
I'm a guy with both earlobes pierced for many years. I had my left tragus pierced few years ago and think it looks cool. I recently got the right side done so I have 4 now and I like it. It is more common on women but I like the look of it it on me. TBH I don't care what other people think. It can be perceived as a bit girly but its me and I have no negative comments at all. I'm also a tall guy and aged 57 but have a very soft way about me. My advice if you want it - have it.
I don’t like piercings and for such a style I believe it depends on his face structure.
Reply 17

I have my helix and tragus got pierced and they were both fine. Tragus hurts a little but I did not feel any pain when I did the helix.

Quick Reply

Latest