The Student Room Group

Brazil vs Germany semi-final

This poll is closed

Who will win Brazil vs Germany?

Brazil to win 26%
Germany to win74%
Total votes: 53
I thought I'd start a thread for tonight's semi.

Who do you think is going to win? Do you think Brazil will finally crumble under Germany's strength, or do you think that their flair will get them through?

Will Neymar Jr. make an appearance, and how will Brazil fare without captain Thiago Silva?

What will be the score? I reckon 2-1 Germany, as they'll struggle without Neymar.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Can brazil win against Germany!! Are they capable of doing that?
Brazil played their best against Mexico in 2014 worldcup.. still they couldn't win the game!! It was Nil Nil!! "BRAZIL FANS"
"They hardly win the battles how can they win the war.. with the same strategy?" :holmes:
Yes. Brazil are going all the way to the final. Germany will bottle it in the Semis, again.

Reply 3
I don't think so...... This time they get to semi!! They will go home with the worldcup!! Lets hope that it won't happen!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
TBH after seeing Brazil play twice, I'd be surprised if they even make it to the semi finals. Mind you, Germany may do something stupid and go out in the QF as well, but at least they look like they can make it to the semis.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
You got that right ilys!!
however I root for Brazil! And I wish Brazil did put a little more effort in playing so that they can go home with the worldcup! :holmes:
May as well bump this and use it as the match thread.
Reply 7
Germany to go through
Reply 8
Germany do tend to get knocked out in the semis (it's basically a tradition now), however I'm really confident they can beat Brazil (obviously Brazil missing their best player will help). Fingers crossed.
Since Colombia knocked neymar out, Brazil has to find a new tactic against the Germans. They will profit from brazil's weakness.
(edited 9 years ago)
Brazil vs Germany is the game I'm most excited for! I'm not sure which side I want to win but I really want to see it! It's going to be an amazing game! :biggrin:
Minus Neymar and Silva they look like a Championship side.
I believe that Germany will win
My head tells me that Germany will win, but I have a bet on Brazil to win the WC so I'm going to go with them.

Marcelo will be MOTM.
Original post by Old_Simon

Marcelo, Dante, Luiz, Alves, Oscar and Willian all played in the latter stages of the UCL last season. Gustavo and Fernandinho played for the German and French champions respectively.

So no, not really a Championship side.

Fred on the other hand...
Original post by Old_Simon

We haven't seen them without Neymar and Silva yet. The rest of the squad is full of Champions League winners.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'd love to see Brazil go through :smile:
Reply 18
Germany are going to make a mockery out of that weak Brazil squad.
Reply 19
I want brazil to win but from the way they've been playing in comparison to germany I don't know if they will

Quick Reply