The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
HOW DID IT GO???????????? grade boundary predictions?

here are the ones that stumped me:

1. for MCQ what did you pick for the dark energy question? dark energy is increasing the rate of universe expansion, therefore the universe is OPEN or INFINITE in size? I picked infinite in size.

2. most clueless question was probably the saturn ring question. what did you guys write?

3. how did you explain the one on why pressure increased upon impact with ground in terms of momentum

4. for energy lost from impact of ground did you get 0.6J?

5. was the new energy 299K (of the ball after impact with ground)

6. why wasn't there any questions on SHM....

7. property of the fission core's shield is needs to block out EM radiation and it is servenral meters of concrete...........is that right....

8. did you get smth like 21 days (or was it hours...) for time for saturn's rocks to rotate?

this paper is PACKED with calculations...seriously. but did you find it hard?
Reply 2
1. Open universe
2. Doppler shift of side x moving away from us
3. Temperature increases as molecules get kinetic energy from ball, molecules have more momentum, greater impulse when colliding with walls of container, increases pressure.
4. Got the same answer
5. Same, got 299k
8. Yep got 21.1 hours
Reply 3
Can someone upload an unofficial marking scheme
What was the answer for the mcq question asking about SHM?
I chose none of the energies.
What was the temperature after impact? How did you approach it?
Original post by Daniel Atieh
What was the answer for the mcq question asking about SHM?
I chose none of the energies.

yah i chose that too....but i think they are wrong...the total energy should be constant right?and for the first mcq what did you chose?person's position?
What was the temperature after impact? How did you approach it?

p1v1/t1=p2v2/t2
Original post by saifulahmed
yah i chose that too....but i think they are wrong...the total energy should be constant right?and for the first mcq what did you chose?person's position?

I chose person's position. No i think it's correct, coz its not a condition for SHM.

p1v1/t1=p2v2/t2

same :smile:
What did you get exactly here?
I chose person's position. No i think it's correct, coz its not a condition for SHM.

26'C

in that question we had to find the mass of a planet, did you need the given mass?for me the given mass got crossed out in both questions.
26'C

Really? Did you convert the units to Pascal from kPa and to m^3 from cm^3?
in that question we had to find the mass of a planet, did you need the given mass?for me the given mass got crossed out in both questions.

I really forgot what i did here. I think i used the equations separately, but i believe i got it correct.

Why alpha particle gained most of the energy?
Original post by AliNSiddiqui
Really? Did you convert the units to Pascal from kPa and to m^3 from cm^3?

we didn't need to in the first question, cause they got crossed out, but needed it in next question.
I really forgot what i did here. I think i used the equations separately, but i believe i got it correct.

Why alpha particle gained most of the energy?

i wrote as the alpha particle has a small mass it was emitted with more speed than lead nucleus to conserve the momentum, so it had more energy. i don't know if the answer is correct but some of my friends wrote the same thing.
i wrote as the alpha particle has a small mass it was emitted with more speed than lead nucleus to conserve the momentum, so it had more energy. i don't know if the answer is correct but some of my friends wrote the same thing.

Yeah i wrote something similar. And how did you find the energy in the next part for the gas laws?
i meant tell me how you did it for the first one and the following part which asked for the difference?
Yeah i wrote something similar. And how did you find the energy in the next part for the gas laws?
i meant tell me how you did it for the first one and the following part which asked for the difference?

what was the first one?that find temperature?
what was the first one?that find temperature?

no for the kinetic energy
no for the kinetic energy

well you know the two temperatures, we just had to use the formula (del)Ek=(3/2)k(T2-T1)
well you know the two temperatures, we just had to use the formula (del)Ek=(3/2)k(T2-T1)

Yeah, but the first one was 1.42 J i think ?
The one just before the impact.

Latest

Trending

Trending