The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Isometrix
Feel bad for River tbh. Seems like some of you guys just like arguing with mods for the sake of it. It's a tough job modding, especially the footie forum of all.

We can't discuss cards and bans but did you see what Ggmu said? The thread is dead because posters feel too intimidated to post in it.
Original post by jam278
Goodbye misc thread.

It's now turned into AAM.

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. You're criticised for not communicating, and then you're criticised for communicating and trying to be fair with members, letting them know what is and isn't appropriate.

This thread was inactive for several days before yesterday.

People are perfectly free to post in this thread, and to post appropriately, but activity has really died down in recent weeks. This is probably because such a thread, which doesn't have a clear purpose, always had a limited appeal and shelf-life. It was also only posted in by a small number of members. If these members chose not to post, or are too busy and don't post across TSR as much, then of course activity is going to decline. This is not because the moderation team have done anything.

You're making it out that this was a long-standing, popular thread of the site with many contributors. It wasn't. The people who have contributed thus far are still free to contribute. They have just chosen not to, and it's no fault of the moderation team.

Original post by Wilfred Little
We can't discuss cards and bans but did you see what Ggmu said? The thread is dead because posters feel too intimidated to post in it.

I can't discuss Ggmu's case in detail with anyone but himself, but I can say he's very much mistaken.

People have nothing to fear if they keep to the rules. It's quite simple. If people break the rules, then they will get cards. At first it will only be blue cards (reminders). So it takes a lot of effort, and means persistently breaking rules, to start collecting sufficient number of yellow and then red cards.

Feel bad for River tbh. Seems like some of you guys just like arguing with mods for the sake of it. It's a tough job modding, especially the footie forum of all.

:hat2:

Now I really have said all I can say. If people want to discuss this further they can take it to AAM as individuals.

Any further discussion about this will get removed without further explanation. After all, I don't want this thread to turn into AAM either :smile:
Anyway, anybody got any juicy stories.

Ain't got none, been spending the whole day jamming. Ain't touching alcohol for time either it's part of my summer purification process i.e. to get hench.
Reply 4784
My bedroom window is open and the builders a few doors down must be running a coffee shop or something. The smell is ridiculous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam278
Anyway, anybody got any juicy stories.

Ain't got none, been spending the whole day jamming. Ain't touching alcohol for time either it's part of my summer purification process i.e. to get hench.

Uni campus is pretty dead right now which is a shame. I'm still here for 2 weeks working on a research project but most people have gone home :frown:

WC only thing that's keeping me going. May reactivate my tinder tbh...
Original post by Bound 2
x

What you sayin SUG
Uni campus is pretty dead right now which is a shame. I'm still here for 2 weeks working on a research project but most people have gone home :frown:

WC only thing that's keeping me going. May reactivate my tinder tbh...

You got bare matches on tinder?

Might go on it cos it's dead here.
Original post by jam278
You got bare matches on tinder?

Might go on it cos it's dead here.

Nah not bare, i might get some each day if I flick through everyone(!). But so many of them just say yes to give themselves an ego boost cos they don't even reply to your message. Then some of the ones that do reply are just like looking for friends. Why would you go on tinder to make friends, if I wanted to make friends I'd join a new club at uni or go to a house party smh.

Although I may be able to get something going with one chick on there. already got her number, so gonna whatsapp her tonight and see what happens.

It's all a load of bs though, most of the success stories i hear are from people with strong facial and body aesthetics. it's still fun though lol.
80/20 principle applies here, 20% of fellas are getting 80% of the action on tinder. Friend of mine is probably a 9/10 and is slaying all kinds of pussay on there

tfw average facial aesthetic
tfw only topic of conversation is football

Original post by Zürich
80/20 principle applies here, 20% of fellas are getting 80% of the action on tinder. Friend of mine is probably a 9/10 and is slaying all kinds of pussay on there

lol what happened to that greek hbb who you thought was the one. did t mobile sort you out in the end :lol:
lol what happened to that greek hbb who you thought was the one. did t mobile sort you out in the end :lol:

Nah, some fella returned my phone 2 days later. Had bare missed calls and then just a text saying '****er'. Cant rebound from that.

Also was quite drunk, and am reliably informed from a mate I was with that she was at best an ''absolute mutt''. :redface:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by manchesterunited15
lol true. Going to jail for that is ridiculous tbh, it's a victimless crime

Or worse, as the case of William Elliott showed. Who's he? Some guy who couldn't wait a few days for his girlfriend to turn 16 and his girlfriend's mum told the police. He was sent to jail and placed on the sex offenders register and later killed by a vigilante because there is no distinction between sexual predators and Romeo & Juliet laws. William Elliott was essentially killed by the state. Is this really different from Iran executing people on crimes against chastity?
Original post by Zürich

lol'd :biggrin:
Original post by jam278
Well if our comments weren't being deleted all the time then maybe we would have more posts and more to talk about in the misc thread. :rolleyes:

It's almost as if they don't want it here.

And we're back. :colone:
Original post by Zürich
Nah, some fella returned my phone 2 days later. Had bare missed calls and then just a text saying '****er'. Cant rebound from that.

Also was quite drunk, and am reliably informed from a mate I was with that she was at best an ''absolute mutt''. :redface:

:rofl: too jokes.

Nah not bare, i might get some each day if I flick through everyone(!). But so many of them just say yes to give themselves an ego boost cos they don't even reply to your message. Then some of the ones that do reply are just like looking for friends. Why would you go on tinder to make friends, if I wanted to make friends I'd join a new club at uni or go to a house party smh.

Although I may be able to get something going with one chick on there. already got her number, so gonna whatsapp her tonight and see what happens.

It's all a load of bs though, most of the success stories i hear are from people with strong facial and body aesthetics. it's still fun though lol.

Yeah it's just for super hot guys to get loads of girls. My aesthetics aren't amazing, need to improve body aesthetics man. Like my legs are great, it's just my chest is a joke and I don't have a 6 pack yet. Need to cut down on the Mcdonalds.

Will still give it a try though. Too bored atm and wanna perv on girls lol.
Anyway, trying to go healthy on my diet.

Broke it with a McDs today. But my day consists of.

Breakfast round 10am (soya brown bread and 2 fried eggs)
Lunch around 2pm (pasta, mackarel/sardines/chicken and tomato stew) medium size portion with vegetables on the side.
Dinner around 6pm (same as lunch, otherwise will make roast potatoes with onions, chicken and veg)

In between I'll eat fruits and drink about 3 litres of water daily.
Original post by jam278
:rofl: too jokes.

Yeah it's just for super hot guys to get loads of girls. My aesthetics aren't amazing, need to improve body aesthetics man. Like my legs are great, it's just my chest is a joke and I don't have a 6 pack yet. Need to cut down on the Mcdonalds.

Will still give it a try though. Too bored atm and wanna perv on girls lol.

Jesus, you on about tinder?

I think that site would destroy any slivers of confidence I have left -_-

I'm the same really; my legs are fine, still strong from cycling, but I need to tone up everywhere else really :/
Original post by jam278
Anyway, trying to go healthy on my diet.

Broke it with a McDs today. But my day consists of.

Breakfast round 10am (soya brown bread and 2 fried eggs)
Lunch around 2pm (pasta, mackarel/sardines/chicken and tomato stew) medium size portion with vegetables on the side.
Dinner around 6pm (same as lunch, otherwise will make roast potatoes with onions, chicken and veg)

In between I'll eat fruits and drink about 3 litres of water daily.

That sounds decent
I need to get in a routine like that.

I'm not even bothered about eating "healthy", just having a diet that can keep me in decent physical shape.

Problem is that I don't like any veg, so it's always a chore for me to eat.
Luckily I love fruit and I drink lots of water anyway.
Reply 4799
Got called ugly on tinder by an ugly girl, had to uninstall.

Asian girls smh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest