The Student Room Group

TSR Hindu Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by slade p
nothing wrong in eating meat in first place, you are misguided if you think there is. some animals are there to be eaten, god made them to be eaten and they sure do taste nice. hindus can eat meat, if you don't want to then that's your choice.

Are you trolling? Do you know that virtually every Krishna picture has a cow next him and holds them dear to him. A cow is a sacred animal in hinduism because they are Lord Ram followers in their previous lives who achieved moksh but wanted to stay constantly with Ram so were granted another life as a cow when Ram reincarnated into Krishna.
Learn some history before spouting rubbish like its ok to eat beef.
Original post by Three Mile Sprint
Answer me two questions.

1) Do the scriptures command the rule of causing no-suffering?

2)Can Animals suffer?

I think slade p is trolling.
Original post by slade p
the animal will not suffer if you kill it efficiently so that there will not be suffering. killings an animal doesn't mean they will suffer. you sound like an animal rights extremist.

Are you seriously saying "Death" is not a negative experience?
Killing causes suffering, this is a fundemental aspect of human life.

As an individual who has taken the lives of humans and animals...I can attest to this.
You can't kill and do it without causing suffering.

"When we eat the flesh of a dead animal, we not only partake in ‘himsa’ in our own spirit, but we can also become affected by the spirit of the dead animal. In order to have been eaten the animal had to die. In dying, it felt pain, it struggled, cried, tried to continue living as long as possible. Since it was slaughtered, it died in fright, pain, mental and emotional anguish and struggle. Then it has to be skinned, gutted, processed and packaged to end up on a plate, decorated and consumed in human pleasure"

And the scriptures

"The purchaser of flesh performs himsa by his wealth; he who eats flesh does so by enjoying its taste; the killer does himsa by actually tying and killing the animal. Thus, there are three forms of killing. He who brings flesh or sends for it, he who cuts of the limbs of an animal, and he who purchases, sells, or cooks flesh and eats it-all of these are to be considered meat-eaters." (“Mahabharata,” 115:40)

Further, the “Mahabharata” (18.113.8) says: “One should never do that to another which one regards as injurious to one's own self
So unless you desire your own throat to be cut and flesh to beaten, you should not advocate doing it to another.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Guren
Are you trolling? Do you know that virtually every Krishna picture has a cow next him and holds them dear to him. A cow is a sacred animal in hinduism because they are Lord Ram followers in their previous lives who achieved moksh but wanted to stay constantly with Ram so were granted another life as a cow when Ram reincarnated into Krishna.
Learn some history before spouting rubbish like its ok to eat beef.

a cow was only made to be sacred because of the benefits of the cow like providing milk. what you are saying is total b.s. having a cow next to him is just to say they appreciate the cow for what it provides.
Original post by Guren

Sadly he is just ignorant of vedic teachings.
Just one of many who wishes to bend their religion to conform with their desires.
Sadly he is just ignorant of vedic teachings.
Just one of many who wishes to bend their religion to conform with their desires.

Ignorant? He sounds like an idiot on purpose, I read in an hindu comic of a bird trying to teach a monkey how to light a fire and they wouldn't listen and ended up killing the bird instead, moral was don't try to teach those who cannot and do not want to learn. I think he is a prime example :smile:
Reply 1066
Original post by Guren

So do I.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1067
Report that aboce account ggmgu2

Hahahaha that is awesome, I feel so flattered :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1068
What are people's thoughts on the validity of the Bhavishya Purana?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You don't have to be a vegetarian to be a Hindu, but eating beef is too much man.

Haha busted whoever that is :catfight:
Original post by Ggmu!
What are people's thoughts on the validity of the Bhavishya Purana?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have only studied it in passing but I know of no reason to doubt it.
Original post by ggmu2
This GGmu is not an hindu,he is just pretending to be one,he admited on many threads that he does drugs and have sex with many girls ,and that hinduism support these kind of behaviours,he's been trolling this nice thread since 2013....

He has his own faults, but you're also in the wrong by specifically making an account to hate on someone.
Reply 1073
I have only studied it in passing but I know of no reason to doubt it.

The skeptic in me finds it hard to believe it predicted the coming of Jesus and Muhammed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1074
Original post by Rakes
Oh wait sorry Ggmmu, got confused between you and the troll.

Ggmmu 2 stfu please....you don't know what you on about......

Gujaratis are like the perfect example of ideal good Hindus. Stop spreading hate, btw the rapes in Gujarat can't be numbered as much as the rapes other animal-like people commited when they invaded India :P. .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha don't even worry! It's funny.

Rape in India could be clamped down on with proper law & order, however that isn't a reality in many places e.g. Uttar Pradesh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are there any particular deity forms etc that you serve or worship more exclusively or often?
Why?

I pay special homage to Sri Chaitanya and Nrisimha in my daily worship.

Obv i believe in one God, im a big believer in Hanuman ji and Mata rani. And also Ganesh and Laxmi mata.

I think these differences vary from where you are from in India
Reply 1076
Rightyoh.

What are your thoughts on the historicity of the Mahabharata and all of its events?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
What are your thoughts on the historicity of the Mahabharata and all of its events?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would like to think its completely factual and for the purpose of theology I always treat itas such.
Reply 1078
I would like to think its completely factual and for the purpose of theology I always treat itas such.

I see. I've always been half and half, although the quality and value of the story makes it real enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ggmu!
I see. I've always been half and half, although the quality and value of the story makes it real enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Absolutely.

Call it cognitive dissonance, even if it's not true...I don't mind as the content makes me want it to be so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending