The Student Room Group

Why is he still texting me?

So there's a guy that's been texting me for a while and I assumed he liked me but obviously I was wrong because he recently got a gf. What I don't understand is why he is still texting me. He won't text me when she's there (even though they're never suggestive) which makes me uncomfortable. If he feels the need to hide our friendship from her, he probably shouldn't be texting me at all. Basically my problem is where to go from here. I thought I wasn't interested in him but clearly I am because it bothers me that he has a gf. I guess I'm just upset because I thought he liked me and it takes a lot for me to think that because I'm not that self confident. Should I cut all contact?
....maybe he thinks you're his friend and is texting you because you're his friend

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by SimpsP
....maybe he thinks you're his friend and is texting you because you're his friend

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm more asking about cutting contact for the sake of my own feelings.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
So there's a guy that's been texting me for a while and I assumed he liked me but obviously I was wrong because he recently got a gf. What I don't understand is why he is still texting me. He won't text me when she's there (even though they're never suggestive) which makes me uncomfortable. If he feels the need to hide our friendship from her, he probably shouldn't be texting me at all. Basically my problem is where to go from here. I thought I wasn't interested in him but clearly I am because it bothers me that he has a gf. I guess I'm just upset because I thought he liked me and it takes a lot for me to think that because I'm not that self confident. Should I cut all contact?

This is so silly

You gave him your number for him to contact you I'm assuming. That is what he's doing contacting you.

To give him your number and him to give you his means friends or more. Since it's not more then it's just as friends.

If it bothers you then it obviously means you are the one that likes him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Trustno1
This is so silly

You gave him your number for him to contact you I'm assuming. That is what he's doing contacting you.

To give him your number and him to give you his means friends or more. Since it's not more then it's just as friends.

If it bothers you then it obviously means you are the one that likes him

Posted from TSR Mobile

All you've done is repeated exactly what I've already said in different words, Don't act like you're speaking great truths.
Reply 5
It's quite likely he's just playing the 'better safe than sorry' card with the refusal to text when he's with his girlfriend. Girls tend to overthink things like that and it could lead to unnecessary tension between them if his girlfriend knows he's texting another girl - even if it's nothing inappropriate. I can't say why exactly this bothers you, you may be right and it could be because you 'like' him. The alternative is that you're bothered because you feel like you're owed more respect; that he should just text like normal since it's completely innocent. By being secretive he's almost suggesting the opposite - which could easily be offensive to you since there isn't in fact anything underhand going on.

If this is the case, talk to him about it and if he doesn't show you the respect you deserve as a friend then yes, cut contact.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
All you've done is repeated exactly what I've already said in different words, Don't act like you're speaking great truths.

I'm trying to say he sees you as a friend if you honestly feel like cutting contact with him is the best way then do so but I don't think he's doing anything wrong by contacting you

Btw your questions is why is he still texting you hence the first post where I was highlighting why he was texting you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending