The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zürich
Giroud at his best is quality tbh, worth £25m

He's good but we can't be fooled by this and let him be the main man again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qwerty_mad
Can we afford to loan him out? I don't think so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why can't you afford to loan him out, is he even 20 yet?

He doesn't suit your style of play, he's still quite raw but talented. Personally he's best suited at another team than at Arsenal, but if you can get him performing at a good level in the prem on loan then he could have a future here. You have enough wingers as it is and you have plenty of strikers/wingers who are in the Joel Campbell category. Sanogo and Bendtner e.g.
Original post by jam278

He doesn't suit your style of play, he's still quite raw but talented. Personally he's best suited at another team than at Arsenal, but if you can get him performing at a good level in the prem on loan then he could have a future here. You have enough wingers as it is and you have plenty of strikers/wingers who are in the Joel Campbell category. Sanogo and Bendtner e.g.

He's 21.
Original post by jam278

Bendtner is gone, out of contract.

Goodnight sweet prince.
Original post by jam278
He works in costa ricas system because he's fast, can dribble and can hold up a ball to an extent.

I don't think he'll work out in Arsenals system when he has to be unlocking tightly packed defences. He'll be a good counter attacking threat though.

Should go on loan to a PL team though, he obviously is suited to a high tempo game already.

yeah don't think he'll ever be our first choice, but nice impact sub to have. id rather have him come on over gnabry next season really.
Original post by Zürich
Bendtner is gone, out of contract.

Goodnight sweet prince.

:frown:

Is he going to follow Sagna at City for 100k a week?
Original post by jam278
:frown:

Is he going to follow Sagna at City for 100k a week?

Probably head to a midtable Bundeliga side for £20k, always been interest from Germany. Still say he has the talent to be a 20 a season man in England but his mentality is way off.

Wouldnt surprise me if he just retired and opened a nightclub somewhere, srs.
Original post by jam278

Bendtner's gone and wasn't good enough. If we buy one striker we'll have him and Giroud only. So Campbell has to stay as does Sanogo. I don't see us buying two strikers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8588
Original post by Peggles_*
Plus I believe he is now in the last year of his contract, I can't see him wanting to sign on if he isn't given a chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's probably got 2 more years but yeah he needs to be here.

Original post by Zürich
Just think he's got momentum now and would benefit from playing 25+ games next season which he's unlikely to get at Arsenal, and if he does we wont be challenging.

Eventually there's going to be a stage where he's going to play less game for us than he'd do if he went elsewhere. The stage of him been loaned is gone and loaning him out would just be delaying the inevitable.

It's time for him to train under Arsene's tutelage and decide if he's good enough or not.
Bendtner's gone and wasn't good enough. If we buy one striker we'll have him and Giroud only. So Campbell has to stay as does Sanogo. I don't see us buying two strikers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

3 strikers is sufficient for a challenge. You have a top striker, then Giroud for backup and then Sanogo as third choice. It's no worse than what Chelsea had last season anyway or what Juve had before they got Tevez and Llorente.
Reply 8590
Original post by jam278

If he doesn't suit 'Arsenal system' atm, then why loan him to play in another system rather than train him to and adapt to the 'Arsenal system'?
Keep Campbell and send Sanogoals far, far away! We really shouldn't be loaning Joel, he's done his time, it's Yaya time to do his.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 419
If he doesn't suit 'Arsenal system' atm, then why loan him to play in another system rather than train him to and adapt to the 'Arsenal system'?

Say he were to go to Everton, who play attacking football, not exactly the same as Arsenal but a step in the right direction, he can develop as a player, then as he matures as a player at Everton he can then go to Arsenal with confidence and showing that he has the ability as a player in the top flight

Essentially Lukaku mkII but actually having the intention of playing him. Just using Everton as an example. He develops as a top player and then you just have to get him to adapt to a system. That's easier than attempting to integrate him and not giving him enough games.
Where is this Giroud for Arsenal?
Were in a better position to keep Giroud and Sanogo along with a new striker then keep Campbell

He didn't impress me today tbh and I don't think he'll work in our team. Sanogo is tied down to us and already offers presence and threat at this stage so we can allow him to develop where as Joel still needs to prove his worth to the team.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8595
Original post by jam278
Say he were to go to Everton, who play attacking football, not exactly the same as Arsenal but a step in the right direction, he can develop as a player, then as he matures as a player at Everton he can then go to Arsenal with confidence and showing that he has the ability as a player in the top flight

Essentially Lukaku mkII but actually having the intention of playing him. Just using Everton as an example. He develops as a top player and then you just have to get him to adapt to a system. That's easier than attempting to integrate him and not giving him enough games.

Well, like I said earlier, he's already done than for 3 season already- he's already played games in top leagues and showed that he can do it in CL (before you say laugh at Greek league and dismiss it, look at Mirallas and how he took the the PL relatively easily). His performance so far from the 5ish games that I've seen him doesn't seem to suggest that he requires another season of confidence building. Another season away is delaying the inevitable as i mentioned earlier.

And, I don't buy the argument that you can't develop to a top player on the training pitch.

Loaning him shouldn't be considered this summer. If come January and he's non existence, then consider it then. It's about time he starts to be integrated into the Arsenalisation of life and all that nonsense.
Original post by AR_95
Were in a better position to keep Giroud and Sanogo along with a new striker then keep Campbell

He didn't impress me today tbh and I don't think he'll work in our team. Sanogo is tied down to us and already offers presence and threat at this stage so we can allow him to develop where as Joel still needs to prove his worth to the team.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So Campbell just needs to just put in a few decent performances and he's proven his worth? Because that's all Sanogo has done. Campbell needs to stay this season. It shouldn't even be a question. And how can he prove his worth to us if he's never here?!?! Give him a chance before killing him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
So Campbell just needs to just put in a few decent performances and he's proven his worth? Because that's all Sanogo has done. Campbell needs to stay this season. It shouldn't even be a question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This isn't a comparison of the ability between the two players but one has already played with us and done half decent at times during the cup run where as the other has never played a game for us. Both are 21 where one has one year left in his contract and the other has 3.
Original post by 419
Well, like I said earlier, he's already done than for 3 season already- he's already played games in top leagues and showed that he can do it in CL (before you say laugh at Greek league and dismiss it, look at Mirallas and how he took the the PL relatively easily). His performance so far from the 5ish games that I've seen him doesn't seem to suggest that he requires another season of confidence building. Another season away is delaying the inevitable as i mentioned earlier.

And, I don't buy the argument that you can't develop to a top player on the training pitch.

Loaning him shouldn't be considered this summer. If come January and he's non existence, then consider it then. It's about time he starts to be integrated into the Arsenalisation of life and all that nonsense.

I guess so. There are arguments for both anyway. He's 21 so it may not be too wise to have a loan now, but then I guess Costa was loaned out at age 22 to Rayo and look how that went, although was in jan.

He should at least get pre-season with you guys so would be possible for Wenger to tell how good he is from that anyway.
Original post by AR_95
This isn't a comparison of the ability between the two players but one has already played with us and done half decent at times during the cup run where as the other has never played a game for us. Both are 21 where one has one year left in his contract and the other has 3.

It certainly isn't. But Campbell did well for Olympiakos (including in the CL) and proven he's a half decent player. It's time he's given a chance here. And let's not forget he can play out wide if we need him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest