The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sulfur
Guys what do you think an A* will be in P123 and P456?

What were they last year?
Original post by superstar16
in p7 exam do you think they would ask us to explain the life cycle of stars? this information on the cgp book is too long for me to read and remember. I've gone so lazy! helppp!

..What is the life cycle of stars? Not sure if that's in my textbook o.-
Original post by Sulfur
I think that it's quite unpredictable - they normally recycle elements from the specimen paper though. To be honest, what I didn't think would come up for C7 did - the haber process came up again, distillation of ethanol did and titrations came up. You can try though :smile:

Ok, I'll just do a general prediction of big topics that haven't come up(possible 6 markers :smile: and ha, my teacher had a revision session covering the habor process, energy levels, alkanes/alcohol(hence fermentation and distillation/carboxylics and esters all with experiments and for a bit over 2 hours, she then gave us a worksheet on the habor process to do over lunch, i swear even if you didn't revise you could have gone to it and got a C :lol: she chose them in particular because their the fun parts she said :rolleyes:
Reply 2723
Original post by lyricalvibe
what were they last year?

p123: 36
p456: 34
Reply 2724
Ok, I'll just do a general prediction of big topics that haven't come up(possible 6 markers :smile: and ha, my teacher had a revision session covering the habor process, energy levels, alkanes/alcohol(hence fermentation and distillation/carboxylics and esters all with experiments and for a bit over 2 hours, she then gave us a worksheet on the habor process to do over lunch, i swear even if you didn't revise you could have gone to it and got a C :lol: she chose them in particular because their the fun parts she said :rolleyes:

Good teacher :smile: Yup she's right - they are the fun topics I guess!
Original post by Pandorax
..What is the life cycle of stars? Not sure if that's in my textbook o.-

You can skip the planetary nebula for the white dwarf but...
http://herschel.cf.ac.uk/files/spire_files/Stellar_Life-Cycle_Picture.png
Original post by Sulfur
p123: 36
p456: 34

30-34 for p123
Wasn't last year june a really hard paper :eek: i think it'll go up a bit then because this has been the easiest (yet not easy additional physics), I'd say 38

You?
Reply 2727
30-34 for p123
Wasn't last year june a really hard paper :eek: i think it'll go up a bit then because this has been the easiest (yet not easy additional physics), I'd say 38

You?

I think that P123 will be about 32 and P456 38 too. That June 2013 wasn't that difficult, just some annoying questions.
Reply 2728
Do we need to know how simple optical telescopes work? The specification says that you need to know:

Objective lens - collects the observed light and forms the image
Eyepiece - magnifies the image so that you can see it
(and refers to powers)

(I'm probably misreading the specification here)...
(edited 9 years ago)
Do it for science!
You don't wqnt to be stressing during your holiday over the physics exam and kixckin yourself for not trying!

It's only physics xD

If it were chemistry or biology it would be a different story, but I'm not taking physics at A level so..meh :smile:
Original post by olmyster911
It's only physics xD

If it were chemistry or biology it would be a different story, but I'm not taking physics at A level so..meh :smile:

Think how awesome you'd look with 3 super good science grades though at GCSE :biggrin:
Original post by HappyHylian
Think how awesome you'd look with 3 super good science grades though at GCSE :biggrin:

Are you still awake
Original post by corporal
Are you still awake

I went home and fell asleep straight after the Further Maths exam until 6pm so yus I'll be awake for a while. XD
I went home and fell asleep straight after the Further Maths exam until 6pm so yus I'll be awake for a while. XD

lol i went to slep at 7.30pm bcoz i had a headache so ive had my 8hrs sleep already
Original post by corporal
lol i went to slep at 7.30pm bcoz i had a headache so ive had my 8hrs sleep already

Oh noes, we've both broken our body clocks XD
Welp, I might as well at least try get to sleep so I'm all ready for the physics exam on Monday. :P
Still gotta learn all those gas laws..
hurray :colondollar:
Welp, I might as well at least try get to sleep so I'm all ready for the physics exam on Monday. :P
Still gotta learn all those gas laws..
hurray :colondollar:

yup. I'm ready to eat my breakfast now ha!:tongue:
The p7 exam last year, what were the grade boundaries?
Original post by JasonBrown2K14
Pleased that I helped! Any other C7 (or P7) questions let me know - it's good revision for me too!

Yeah my teacher wasn't that good, so a lot of my C7 is self-taught too. :wink:

The 'in context' papers are the old spec ones, but as I said you can just ignore question 1 since that was the question that relied on having the source sheet and complete the rest of the paper because it is still relevant to C7.

I posted a link in one of my earlier posts in this thread to where I uploaded the 2008, 09, 10 and 11 summer papers and mark schemes for C7 in another thread. :smile:

Sadly A173/02 has only been sat once and OCR hasn't publically released this paper. Your teacher may still have it - I got the B7 June 2013 paper from my biology teacher and my physics teacher emailed me the markscheme for that B7 June 2013 paper AND also sent me the P7 2013 paper and markscheme - so if anybody wants that let me know and I will share! :biggrin:

The closest thing you can get to what we'll be sitting tomorrow is the specimen paper which I think is quite a hard paper. :frown:

Hi, do you have the p7 2013 exam and mark scheme that you could share with me? Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by JazzyT17
Hi, do you have the p7 2013 exam and mark scheme that you could share with me? Thanks in advance :smile:

Page 79 bro

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending