The Student Room Group

Thin guy problems

Hey guys

I have a slim body..but to me it looks grand

however my arms are very thin.girly thin:P

If I wear long sleeved jumpers/shirts it looks good bar the arms, where it looks terrible

the same goes for short sleeve tshirts/shirts

I understand I can wear a jumper to cover it up but is there anything else I can do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
start lifting
eat more
Chop your arms off?
Reply 4
Original post by Pitch Black
This is something that you can change. If you want bigger arms, train.

I'm a weight lighting novice

I'm thin so don't need to lose weight

How do I put on muscle on arms?

I have lots of catch up to do
Reply 5
Original post by iamu
start lifting

What do I do?

Will that really make my arms bigger?

Will they just get bigger after time as they're very small now comparing to most men my age?
Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. Yes, a lot of girls are into muscles, but then a lot of girls aren't. By covering them up you're being negative which is going to **** up your whole game. I'm similar to you, and the solution isn't trying to change and cover up everything, confidence will get you so much further than covering up your arms.
Reply 7
Original post by Mankytoes
Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. Yes, a lot of girls are into muscles, but then a lot of girls aren't. By covering them up you're being negative which is going to **** up your whole game. I'm similar to you, and the solution isn't trying to change and cover up everything, confidence will get you so much further than covering up your arms.

I agree.and Im not unconfident.Its just I look at my general body and I'm like :smile:

Then I see the arms and I look like I'm twelve with certain tshirts/shirts.

Perhaps I should just build them up till they are normal looking?

What did you do?
Jus be urself and das all dat matters
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a weight lighting novice

I'm thin so don't need to lose weight

How do I put on muscle on arms?

I have lots of catch up to do

Become a curl bro
OR a bench bro.

Or both.
go to the gym and do stronglifts and eat more calorie dense food but not fat dense foods. track your progress and in 6-12 months you would look buff and your arms wouldn't be thin
Original post by toonervoustotalk
go to the gym and do stronglifts and eat more calorie dense food but not fat dense foods. track your progress and in 6-12 months you would look buff and your arms wouldn't be thin

stronglifts?
what kg is that?
plus if I have thin arms surely I wont be able to lift that?
calorie dense food like meat?

buff Il be doing well to look average without protein shakes haha

how often do I need to go to gym?
stronglifts?
what kg is that?
plus if I have thin arms surely I wont be able to lift that?
calorie dense food like meat?

buff Il be doing well to look average without protein shakes haha

how often do I need to go to gym?

you dont need protein shakes. you have to go to the gym 3 times a week and just eat healthy foods and add an extra meal to your current diet. start with only the bar at first.
I agree.and Im not unconfident.Its just I look at my general body and I'm like :smile:

Then I see the arms and I look like I'm twelve with certain tshirts/shirts.

Perhaps I should just build them up till they are normal looking?

What did you do?

Well I was never massively insecure about my arms, they were just slim like the rest of me, more about my chest, cos you could see my ribs. But with any body insecurity, you will obsess about it way more than everyone else, I bet loads of people who know you have never even thought about your arms. I've got a girlfriend who is into slimmer guys, a lot of girls are. Even if she isn't that into your arms, if she likes the rest of you a woman is unlikely to reject you for that.

I do still think you may as well work on your arms though, I am at the moment, and it should increase your confidence, but don't feel it's necessary.
you dont need protein shakes. you have to go to the gym 3 times a week and just eat healthy foods and add an extra meal to your current diet. start with only the bar at first.

good
doable 3 times.
extra meal hmm okay.

the one you sit down and like push it up is it?

Id say the smallest kg possible

will it not be weird that Il have to lift the girl,s weights?
Original post by Mankytoes
Well I was never massively insecure about my arms, they were just slim like the rest of me, more about my chest, cos you could see my ribs. But with any body insecurity, you will obsess about it way more than everyone else, I bet loads of people who know you have never even thought about your arms. I've got a girlfriend who is into slimmer guys, a lot of girls are. Even if she isn't that into your arms, if she likes the rest of you a woman is unlikely to reject you for that.

I do still think you may as well work on your arms though, I am at the moment, and it should increase your confidence, but don't feel it's necessary.

Actually its a thing that people have commented on.
Besides I dont really care about that.I see shirts that fit me really nicely and then..the arms let me down big time.
Furthermore although I like my slim build I wish I had decent arms so I could go out in just a tshirt and look decent.

Oh I don't feel its necessary just it would help and yeh get exercise and that.Yeh like I've had girlfriends and all that just I'd prefer decent arms.

Mind me asking what weight exercises you do?
Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe. Google it, read it, do it.
good
doable 3 times.
extra meal hmm okay.

the one you sit down and like push it up is it?

Id say the smallest kg possible

will it not be weird that Il have to lift the girl,s weights?

it wouldn't be weird because everyone starts lifting with the lowest weights to focus on their form. i am also really skinny and i really want to go to the gym to start lifting weights to put weight on the scale but i don't have any money :lol:

there are 3 exercises you do each workout Squats, Bench Press, Deadlifts or squats, Overhead Press and Barbell rows.
the aim is to add 2.5kg to each of the exercises each workout
it wouldn't be weird because everyone starts lifting with the lowest weights to focus on their form. i am also really skinny and i really want to go to the gym to start lifting weights to put weight on the scale but i don't have any money :lol:

there are 3 exercises you do each workout Squats, Bench Press, Deadlifts or squats, Overhead Press and Barbell rows.
the aim is to add 2.5kg to each of the exercises each workout

what are those things...

add 2.5kg each time! BLOODY HELL man Im not that strong
what are those things...

add 2.5kg each time! BLOODY HELL man Im not that strong

they are the exercises and just try it and if you cant lift it go and do 2.5kg less. and then when you can lift it go back and try it again if that makes sense.

just go to stronglifts.com for more info

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending