The Student Room Group

TSR "house of commons" LOL

There's users on here that think it's pretty cool to act as virtual MPs. They spend hours making manifestos and convincing others to vote for their party. They get on hours of debate that isn't even about anything.

These are probably the same type of people that used to run for head boy/head girl in sixth form, or helped the after school homework club out.

Am I the only one that noticed how cringey and nerdy this is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Whatever floats your boat I guess?
:rofl:
It's just like role playing.

Plus you can pretend the left actually exists :emo:
Reply 4
lol :P people who do that are so sad, I think we should hunt them all down and have them executed for being SO boring.
bet there smarter than you though lol.
People like to do different things, I know people who would rather vom than watch real housewives with me but that's what I like to do :laugh:

I don't think the House of Commons thing is cringe or nerdy at all if anything it shows they're passionate
Reply 7
With the exceptions of Scary Movie (the first one) and HotShots, parodies are always poor.

OP's attempt has not changed that opinion.
Original post by dire wolf
bet there smarter than you though lol.

You've never visited the MHoC, have you? :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by john0101
There's users on here that think it's pretty cool to act as virtual MPs. They spend hours making manifestos and convincing others to vote for their party. They get on hours of debate that isn't even about anything.

These are probably the same type of people that used to run for head boy/head girl in sixth form, or helped the after school homework club out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by James A
:rofl:

Original post by ChaoticButterfly
It's just like role playing.

Plus you can pretend the left actually exists :emo:

You think that is bad OP. But apparently the current MP of the TSR labour party ran against himself on a dupe account. It was quite the scandal :lol:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2713992
Original post by Cloud nine.
You think that is bad OP. But apparently the current MP of the TSR labour party ran against himself on a dupe account. It was quite the scandal :lol:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2713992

all jokes aside the primary aim of MHoC is to learn about the parliamentary process its the same reason people go to civil war reenactments.

People on this forum spend ages debating politics with 0 outcome at least this way we have outcomes and can build coalitions and meet open minded people open to your point of view.

the scandal was 2 years old and some MPs were unhappy with the new speaker and just wanted an excuse to get rid of him. We have all sorts of leadership positions with in the house of commons for different parties
Reply 11
It's just a different way of debating politics tbh. Some people enjoy coming up with their own ideas. They go about their daily lives, encounter something and think "This law is ****, why do we have this? My idea is so much better". The MHoC is for people who like to debate that idea, they come up with something, write it, and have a casual debate over it in a sort of forum game atmosphere. I like debating politics, but sometimes reality is just way too mundane and repetitive, the MHoC gives you a way of changing that up.

Unfortunately we can't all be cool enough to spend our free time writing up posts solely to disparage other communities ya know :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why lots of love for the MHoC when you don't like it?
Of course it's nerdy. You joined an internet student forum. You're being that guy who goes to a gig for a band you don't like and tells the people in band t shirts that it's rubbish. I can't help but feel that's even more cringe.
Reply 14
Beneficial trumps cool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We will be the ones that will someday rule over you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice one OP, this was next on my list.

Yeah they're like students studying architecture but building with Lego in their spare time. Absolutely pathetic and laughable lol. Cringeworthy and not in the least bit beneficial to anyone except to provide people like me with a laugh.
Original post by Dark Horse
Nice one OP, this was next on my list.

Yeah they're like students studying architecture but building with Lego in their spare time. Absolutely pathetic and laughable lol. Cringeworthy and not in the least bit beneficial to anyone except to provide people like me with a laugh.

can you make another audio rant pls?
Original post by Cloud nine.
can you make another audio rant pls?

There's one in the pipeline regarding the PS helper team.

Quick Reply

Latest