The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Just imagine if there were 3 grass court masters. Does anybody else think Federer would be on about 40 masters titles.
Original post by Rakas21
Just imagine if there were 3 grass court masters. Does anybody else think Federer would be on about 40 masters titles.

Yeah probably. Federer is so unlucky that there are no masters on his best surface. He could have topped Nadal's 81 match winning streak on clay on grass. Hopefully there will a grass masters soon now that the grass court is extended by 1 week.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Roger1
Yeah probably. Federer is so unlucky that there are no masters on his best surface. He could have topped Nadal's 81 match winning streak on clay on grass. Hopefully there will a grass masters soon now that the grass court is extended by 1 week.

Indeed, apparently Hamburg and Gstaad have expressed interest in transitioning to grass as well as the confirmed Stuttgart.

Personally what i'd like to see is Wimbledon pushed back to the final 2 full weeks of July adding 3 weeks to the current calender. This would allow a number of the clay and hard events during July to become grass events. We'd chuck in 2 500 events for one week and make the last week of June a Masters event. This would reasonably allow players to go after 4000 points on grass (Wimbledon, Masters, 500, 2 smalls).
Reply 1263
Original post by Rakas21

He would have more than Nadal for sure, and Murray would have more than 9 Masters 1000's as well. It is about time we have at least 2 Grass Masters 1000's and a 500.
Schedule for Monday released - defending champ Murray out on Centre at 1pm, followed by Li Na and then Djokovic. Court One features Azarenka, Tsonga and Dimitrov, Berdych and Radwanska on court 2
Original post by Krish4791
Schedule for Monday released - defending champ Murray out on Centre at 1pm, followed by Li Na and then Djokovic. Court One features Azarenka, Tsonga and Dimitrov, Berdych and Radwanska on court 2

Merci beaucoup!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm getting a new racket, what do you guys recommend?

I'm lower intermediate by the way. My main question is whether to get a racket thats below or above 300g in weight
Original post by jaynnmmmhouse
I'm getting a new racket, what do you guys recommend?

I'm lower intermediate by the way. My main question is whether to get a racket thats below or above 300g in weight

You're not going to find many rackets below 300g I don't think. I have two around 300 and that's considered light.
Goffin's finally got his act together

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WriterOfWrongs
Goffin's finally got his act together

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not good enough though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got centre court tickets for tomorrow!

Thank you ticketmaster!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Regarding Wimbledon queue, is there a queue everyday or just last Sunday which I missed ? I am planning to see Federar or Nadal tomorrow and queue early morning for ticket.
Great match between Dimitrov and Harrison, very fun to watch.
Murray played well today too - looked so comfortable out there on the grass.
Original post by zaback21
Regarding Wimbledon queue, is there a queue everyday or just last Sunday which I missed ? I am planning to see Federar or Nadal tomorrow and queue early morning for ticket.

Everyday however Centre court is sold out for tomorrow. If you went now you may make court 1 and see one of the 2 .

If you queue early tomorrow the best you will get is court 2 or a ground pass which means you can still watch the Centre court matches on the hill .

To get centre court for the following day you need to be in the queue the day before around mid afternoon.

EDIT: Everyday apart from final 2 days
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sirocco11
You're not going to find many rackets below 300g I don't think. I have two around 300 and that's considered light.

I don't know where you get your rackets, but the majority of the ones in sports direct are pretty light, below 300g.
Original post by Ryan17.
Everyday however Centre court is sold out for tomorrow. If you went now you may make court 1 and see one of the 2 .

If you queue early tomorrow the best you will get is court 2 or a ground pass which means you can still watch the Centre court matches on the hill .

To get centre court for the following day you need to be in the queue the day before around mid afternoon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much mate. I will try queue in tomorrow afternoon for centre court ticket for Wednesday.
Original post by Ryan17.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just curious it says tickets are sold on the day. Why would they sell tickets the day before ?
They sell the tickets on the same day the matches are played but so many people queue overnight for CC tickets it is more than available that's why you have to turn up the day before in the afternoon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ryan17.
They sell the tickets on the same day the matches are played but so many people queue overnight for CC tickets it is more than available that's why you have to turn up the day before in the afternoon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So I have to queue tomorrow afternoon in line so I can buy tickets on Wednesday morning at 10:30pm ? Almost 24 hours in queue line ! But they do give the queue wristbands at around 7:30 am. I guess I will find out tomorrow how it is then. Thanks !
You will have to camp overnight yes everyone wants to go to Wimbledon so people queue for days to get on the show courts.

They will give you a queue card when you arrive with your number. At 6am they wake you and then around 9-9:30am they issue you a coloured wristband to designate which show court you are going in.

If you leave your space in the queue you could potentially lose your spot in line and your place altogether.

Any questions ask away been in the queue a few times !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest