The Student Room Group

Eyelash extensions and eyes watering? Anyone had this?

So a few days ago I had semipermanent eyelash extensions fitted. No pain getting them done, result looks awesome.

The next day I woke up with my eyes stinging really painfully and absolutely streaming like I was crying and it took ages to get it to stop. It was really painful. I figured it was just my eyes getting used to it

five days later I'm still waking up with sore eyes that won't stop watering every morning. I get mild hayfever so I'm wondering if it's just that? It's never normally like this though..

i dont want want to have them removed, and I plan on permanently wearing them. I have a few questions

1) is this normal with lash extensions?

2) is it possible I've had a reaction to the glue?

3) is it dangerous in any way?

thanks. Stuck this in chat because the beauty forum is so dead
It's also mainly just on the one eye...the other one isn't as bad
No, I've never had this.
Original post by CrawfordRolex
No, I've never had this.

:lol:

I dunno why but that really made me laugh
Reply 4
my eyes water all the time ...
Original post by FatmanO
my eyes water all the time ...

How badly? Like mine is actually swollen this morning :/
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister

My friend had something similar and turned out she was allergic to the glue. Apparently its fairly common.

Hers was a little more extreme though.
Original post by redferry
My friend had something similar and turned out she was allergic to the glue. Apparently its fairly common.

Hers was a little more extreme though.

This is what it looks like, I'm sure this isn't right...

Are there alternative glues they can use? Or is it just a case of putting up or not getting them?

Dunno why that pics come so big
You may be allergic to or irritated by one of the products in the false eyelashes, seems the most likely the way your eyelid is swollen but the eye itself is not very red.

You could take antihistamines but if the irritant is still there your eyes probably won't get better. It's a question of how stubborn you want to be :p:

I think you ought to go back to wherever you had them done. Or if you bought and fitted them yourself, then take them off. If you go to your doctor or optician they are probably going to just tell you to take them off. Sorry.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by BeanofJelly
You may be allergic to or irritated by one of the products in the false eyelashes, seems the most likely.

You could take antihistamines but if the irritant is still there your eyes probably won't get better. It's a question of how stubborn you want to be :p:

I think you ought to go back to wherever you had them done. Or if you bought and fitted them yourself, then take them off. If you go to your doctor or optician they are probably going to just tell you to take them off. Sorry.

I might try antihistamines, I really don't want to take them off. :tongue: I had them fitted, so when I go for removal I may ask them. They're so much easier than applying strip lashes every day and I don't want to go back :frown:
I might try antihistamines, I really don't want to take them off. :tongue: I had them fitted, so when I go for removal I may ask them. They're so much easier than applying strip lashes every day and I don't want to go back :frown:

I'm pretty sure theres more than one kind of glue they use so it might be a cse of trying different places.
Original post by redferry
I'm pretty sure theres more than one kind of glue they use so it might be a cse of trying different places.

Thanks :smile: I'll ask what glue they use and make a note I'm probably allergic
If I were you I wouldn't touch them myself or rip them off if you know what I mean :/ You should go back and get them removed and maybe try another place where they use a different glue/ brand of extensions if the wateryness doesn't cease. I really don't think your eyes are meant to be sore............
Reply 13

Mine doesn't swell, you may have gotten a minor reaction. If it doesn't go back to normal stop using it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Anjum - Yasmin
If I were you I wouldn't touch them myself or rip them off if you know what I mean :/ You should go back and get them removed and maybe try another place where they use a different glue/ brand of extensions if the wateryness doesn't cease. I really don't think your eyes are meant to be sore............

Yeah I'm not taking them off myself because they can actually pull out your lashes.

Original post by FatmanO
Mine doesn't swell, you may have gotten too close to the base of your eyelashes

What do you mean?