The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread

Scroll to see replies

That exam was pretty bad! Over though! WOOOO :biggrin:
Reply 3001
Original post by olmyster911
I didn't understand the lens 4 marker either! I drew some random lines :biggrin:
I can't remember what I put for the last maths question but I divided 2 values I already had. What did you put for the other calculations in the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(24+4)/10 = 2.8AU
Then I did the hubble one wrong, divided the wrong way

That was it wasn't it?
First question - waaaat?! so I moved on and when it gave us the table with the other planets for a later question I realised the answer to the 1st one was that the planets hadn't been discovered yet xD
Original post by Sulfur
(24+4)/10 = 2.8AU
Then I did the hubble one wrong, divided the wrong way

That was it wasn't it?

I got 2.77AU as well. And what was the Hubble one again?
Reply 3004
Original post by ToLiveInADream
I got 2.77AU as well. And what was the Hubble one again?

You got 2.77AU!?!? How lol, I thought it was that double and +4 and then divide by 10 pattern, and the previous was 12, double it is 24, +4 /10 is 28/10 = 2.8AU

Travels 1800 km/s
Speed is 71 km/s per Mpc
Distance: ? (1800/71) Final units: Mpc
First question - waaaat?! so I moved on and when it gave us the table with the other planets for a later question I realised the answer to the 1st one was that the planets hadn't been discovered yet xD

Huh? What was the first question?
Original post by Sulfur
You got 2.77AU!?!? How lol, I thought it was that double and +4 and then divide by 10 pattern, and the previous was 12, double it is 24, +4 /10 is 28/10 = 2.8AU

Travels 1800 km/s
Speed is 71 km/s per Mpc
Distance: ? (1800/71) Final units: Mpc

Yup, lol! I did that but I was talking about the question where it asked whether this star fitted into the pattern or not. That was 2.77AU so I said it was relatively close to 2.8AU so fit the pattern :tongue:
Original post by meessime
Huh? What was the first question?

Asking us to explain why there was only data for 6 planets, I think..

Oh I did that wrong then, I wrote something like it's to make sure there's a pattern to prove that titius-bole law is right...::s-smilie:
Reply 3009
Yup, lol! I did that but I was talking about the question where it asked whether this star fitted into the pattern or not. That was 2.77AU so I said it was relatively close to 2.8AU so fit the pattern :tongue:

Ah yes! Good I put that :smile:

What was the answer? I said that people could only see them planets with the naked-eye, had no idea.
What did people get for the sun and how long it'd take to run out of energy or something?

I did overall mass(given in question i think)/mass lost per second of the previous star question(it said they had similar luminosity)?
Original post by Sulfur
Ah yes! Good I put that :smile:

What was the answer? I said that people could only see them planets with the naked-eye, had no idea.

I read over the question and it said something about 1504 so I figured they hadn't been discovered yet :smile: It fit in with the next couple of questions where it gave data for Neptune, Uranus & Pluto because it said data was only collected at like 1804?
Original post by Sulfur

That's what i put but i was just thinking how are they recording any of this data by naked eye then!
Original post by lyricalvibe
What did people get for the sun and how long it'd take to run out of energy or something?

I did overall mass(given in question i think)/mass lost per second of the previous star question(it said they had similar luminosity)?

I never did that.. :redface: I worked out the energy with E=mc^2 with the mass they gave us. Then divided it with my answer from the previous question (mass lost,
methinks) because it said ''this much mass is lost in 1 second''.

It was such a weird question. I reckon grade boundaries will drop to 36 = A* tbh..
Phew I thought I did badly in this exam until I read what everyone else put down for some of the dodgy questions :tongue:
Overall it wasn't a bad paper, would have preferred more calculations but the 6 markers were nice.
Woop end of exams!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I never did that.. :redface: I worked out the energy with E=mc^2 with the mass they gave us. Then divided it with my answer from the previous question (mass lost,
methinks) because it said ''this much mass is lost in 1 second''.

It was such a weird question. I reckon grade boundaries will drop to 36 = A* tbh..

Yh, i know, completely out of spec -_- but i spent my last 5mins answering it :/ my school odly found it easy but most people want C or B so I'm thinking it'll go up for the C grade and down for the A*, 35-37 i think so basically what yousaid :smile:

What did you put for the lenses and refraction?
Reply 3016
I read over the question and it said something about 1504 so I figured they hadn't been discovered yet :smile: It fit in with the next couple of questions where it gave data for Neptune, Uranus & Pluto because it said data was only collected at like 1804?

That's what i put but i was just thinking how are they recording any of this data by naked eye then!

Hmm yup I see both points. I've just looked it up and they were discovered a bit later (1700-1800s) but surely the fact that they can't be seen by the naked eye also works, hence they couldn't be discovered until Galileo? This is why I hate OCR... if they allowed multiple answers then I'd be happy.
I've got 2 hours of statistics nowv:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: then I'm done with exams though :biggrin:
Reply 3018
Yh, i know, completely out of spec -_- but i spent my last 5mins answering it :/ my school odly found it easy but most people want C or B so I'm thinking it'll go up for the C grade and down for the A*, 35-37 i think so basically what yousaid :smile:

What did you put for the lenses and refraction?

Didn't they repeat that lens question from last year?

You use an objective lens because it has a greater aperture than the wavelength so it collects more light radiation, that means that there's less diffraction and the eyepiece has more power so it creates a clearer image?
Original post by Sulfur
Can you remember it? I'll try and answer.

Why are there only 6 planets? Something like that. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending