The Student Room Group

French Coursework

for my course work i need to write about holidays. any ideas on some good vocabulary websites?
Original post by LucyWoods
for my course work i need to write about holidays. any ideas on some good vocabulary websites?

Heya, I'm going to put this in the languages forum for you as you should get more responses there. :smile:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=98
Si j'avais le choix, J'y visiterais chaque année! - If I had the choice, I would visit there every year
C'est une destination qui plaît à tout le monde- It's a place which appeals to everybody
C'était une experience formidable comme dans un conte de fées - it was a wonderful experience like in a fairytale
Pendant nos vacances, nous avons eu seulement un jour de pluie et sinon, il a fait beau tout le temps. During our holiday we only had one day of rain, otherwise it was sunny all the time
Quand je serais plus âgé(e), je voudrais aller en vacances avec mes amis au lieu de mes parents pour que je puisse avoir plus de liberté! When I'm older I'd like to go on holiday with my friends instead of my parents so that I can have more freedom

Some nice phrases - for you CA try and talk about the past, where you went when you were younger, more recently - je viens d'aller en vacances avec.. nice phrase meaning I've just been on holiday with... then mention future plans - what you do on the holiday, good and bad points, personal opinions - that will get you the highest mark
If you want to write something up, mail me and I'll check it for you :smile:
also this website is great - used it for my a-level French very trustworthy, DON'T USE GOOGLE TRANSLATE! www.wordreference.com

Quick Reply

Latest