Help picking a console

Watch
xxvine
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
what do you recommend...

i mostly want to play multi platform games such as fifa, nba 2k14 and call of duty...?
Cloud nine.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Girls who play fifa and cod are like doing it for the attention imo.

----

On-topic: PC gamer checkin' in
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How to decide which console you want

1) Do you want to play online with your friends? Yes - Get what they have. No, go to 2.

2) Do you prefer the exclusive of one console? Yes - Get that console. No, go to 3.

3) Do you prefer one control pad over another? Yes - Get that console. No, go to 4.

4) Does 1080p, 60fps matter to you? Yes - Get a PS4. No, go to 5.

5) Does voice control matter to you? Yes - Get Xbox One. No go to 6.

6) Go to the shops, see which has the best deal, you obviously don't really care about format, you just wanna play dem games! :yep:
xxvine
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cloud nine.)
Girls who play fifa and cod are like doing it for the attention imo.

----

On-topic: PC gamer checkin' in
nah I'm using my sisters account...its for me
xxvine
Rep:
?
(Original post by mikeyd85)
How to decide which console you want

1) Do you want to play online with your friends? Yes - Get what they have. No, go to 2.

2) Do you prefer the exclusive of one console? Yes - Get that console. No, go to 3.

3) Do you prefer one control pad over another? Yes - Get that console. No, go to 4.

4) Does 1080p, 60fps matter to you? Yes - Get a PS4. No, go to 5.

5) Does voice control matter to you? Yes - Get Xbox One. No go to 6.

6) Go to the shops, see which has the best deal, you obviously don't really care about format, you just wanna play dem games! :yep:
wow if the ps4 has better graphics then i have to get that
Leftee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Xbox One
mikeyd85
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by xxvine)
wow if the ps4 has better graphics then i have to get that
It is marginal, but yeah, it does have better graphics. Typically it's running games at 1080p, whereas the One is running them at 900p (this is just multi-platform games mind). Exclusives are a little different, for example the gorgeous Forza 5 runs at 1080p 60fps on the One.

I put that at number 4 though for a reason. The graphics aren't miles apart, the Xbox One will receive a slight boost now because Kinect is being dropped (which if you can wait would save you a few £) as a bundled device. Also, in the future, the One may come back at the PS4 with it's Azure Cloud computing. See:

This may change things in the future, but we'll see.

Personally, as someone who owned an Xbox One, unless racing games are really your thing, I'd go PS4. You'll get Naughty Dog games on the PS4. That to me is a bloody good reason to get one.
xxvine
Rep:
?
It is marginal, but yeah, it does have better graphics. Typically it's running games at 1080p, whereas the One is running them at 900p (this is just multi-platform games mind). Exclusives are a little different, for example the gorgeous Forza 5 runs at 1080p 60fps on the One.

I put that at number 4 though for a reason. The graphics aren't miles apart, the Xbox One will receive a slight boost now because Kinect is being dropped (which if you can wait would save you a few £) as a bundled device. Also, in the future, the One may come back at the PS4 with it's Azure Cloud computing. See:

This may change things in the future, but we'll see.

Personally, as someone who owned an Xbox One, unless racing games are really your thing, I'd go PS4. You'll get Naughty Dog games on the PS4. That to me is a bloody good reason to get one.
Yeah i think ill go for a ps4!
where's the cheapest place to buy ps network card?
xxvine
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leftee)
Xbox One
expanddddd
Jammy Duel
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The answer is simple and consists of two letters: "P" and "C"

Otherwise follow follow Mickey's advice, although the 1080p 60fps thing is likely to become less of an issue in the near future, both conoles will run at 1080/60 but likely with very minor differences in graphics. Ofc, when cloud computing starts for Xbone it will be a whole different story, if you have the bandwidth the xbone will most probably end up better, although there will be drawbacks to it.
xxvine
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
The answer is simple and consists of two letters: "P" and "C"

Otherwise follow follow Mickey's advice, although the 1080p 60fps thing is likely to become less of an issue in the near future, both conoles will run at 1080/60 but likely with very minor differences in graphics. Ofc, when cloud computing starts for Xbone it will be a whole different story, if you have the bandwidth the xbone will most probably end up better, although there will be drawbacks to it.
yeah most people are telling me the ps4 is the better console and multi platform games player better on it

I really just want a console for the games i mentioned and watching movies....
so i guess ps4?
Jammy Duel
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
yeah most people are telling me the ps4 is the better console and multi platform games player better on it

I really just want a console for the games i mentioned and watching movies....
so i guess ps4?
Personally, I would go xbone, but that's because I quite like Halo, Fable and Crackdown, having played on 360 quite a lot back in the day. As I said though, a lot of people saying PS4 is more powerful than xbone forget that MS have already said they plan to introduce cloud computing; yes the hardware is stronger on the PS4 (slightly) but when they are both at their full potential (of currently known features) the xbone should come out on top. It's hard to pick between them when you remove any biases one may have such as exclusives and fanboyism.
xxvine
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Personally, I would go xbone, but that's because I quite like Halo, Fable and Crackdown, having played on 360 quite a lot back in the day. As I said though, a lot of people saying PS4 is more powerful than xbone forget that MS have already said they plan to introduce cloud computing; yes the hardware is stronger on the PS4 (slightly) but when they are both at their full potential (of currently known features) the xbone should come out on top. It's hard to pick between them when you remove any biases one may have such as exclusives and fanboyism.
whats this cloud thing

also most xbox one games run at 720 compared to 1080 for ps4 so that means ps4 has better graphics
DixiEchan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ye honestly if you're just wanting multi-plats then hit up PC. Online play is free, decent ports will look better and run more smoothly than on consoles and you can use it for other stuff too (web browsing, work, movies, etc.)

If there are particular console exclusives you want (such as the recently announced Halo 5 on Xbone or Little Big Planet 3 on PS4) then go with whichever one has your desired exclusives.
Robbo-92
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The Wii U always gets overlooked, at least give it a quick google to see if it appeals to you!
Jammy Duel
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
whats this cloud thing

also most xbox one games run at 720 compared to 1080 for ps4 so that means ps4 has better graphics
most xbox one games run at 1080p, much like most ps4 ones do, just because the more demanding ones don't (such as battlefield and watchdogs) doesn't mean that most do, in fact, to my knowledge, if xbone is significantly below 1080p ps4 is below 1080 too.

Basically cloud is using a server (or any computing device really) to do some of the work, it's similar to cloud storage, except instead of data being stored elsewhere some of the computing is done elsewhere. I'm not entirely sure how it will work and how much of an edge it will give, since a lot of the work will have to be done on system, after all you can't afford to wait for maybe a few tenths of a second for information if your ping is low when gaming.
It should at least bring it in line with PS4, or exceed it, it's yet to be seen since we know little about it other than that MS plans to do it, IIRC starting next year (or maybe late this year, can't remember perfectly)
mikeyd85
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
whats this cloud thing

The cloud thing is the Azure video I posted earlier.

Most Xbox One games run at 900p.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
xxvine
Rep:
?
The cloud thing is the Azure video I posted earlier.

Most Xbox One games run at 900p.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Which do you recommend?!?
TroyAndAbed
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
3DS master race.
mikeyd85
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TroyAndAbed)
3DS master race.
Troy And Abed play Ninteeeeendo :five: :five:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (63)
37.06%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (18)
10.59%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (10)
5.88%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (40)
23.53%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (24)
14.12%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
8.82%

Watched Threads