The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samba
I'd probably put them 2nd after the Spanish :p:

I would put British empire first. Although Spanish come close.

Christopher Columbus is a man who I dislike a lot.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 419
It never was and has never been.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In the same way that my ambitions is to get a 7 figure salary.
Being reported that Wenger met with Alexis' agent and offers from Liverpool and Arsenal are on the table atm. If its between Arsenal and Liverpool no doubt Sanchez would choose us. Its not even a competition tbh. We completely blow Liverpool out of the water. Hopefully the player himself wants to leave.

https://twitter.com/partidodelas12/status/481198300360880128
Original post by little_tom
Being reported that Wenger met with Alexis' agent and offers from Liverpool and Arsenal are on the table atm. If its between Arsenal and Liverpool no doubt Sanchez would choose us. Its not even a competition tbh. We completely blow Liverpool out of the water. Hopefully the player himself wants to leave.

However Barca want a no.9, if Sanchez is part of a swap deal for a top player then you guys have no chance. They ain't taking Giroud off you guys fam.
Reply 8764
Original post by jam278
However Barca want a no.9, if Sanchez is part of a swap deal for a top player then you guys have no chance. They ain't taking Giroud off you guys fam.

Its unfair how dispensable such a top player like Sánchez is for them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam278

Of course if the interest in Suarez is genuine Liverpool have more bargaining power than us. Although I wouldn't be too down in the dumps if the scourers end up losing their best player. Sanchez wouldn't be able to replace him.
I wouldn't even call Suarez a real number 9 either. It would be more of a statement signing if they actually stepped up their interest for him.
There's no such thing as good imperialism. Hard to categorize which Empire was worse. If we're going by barbarity than the Belgians and Portuguese were probably the worst if the historical accounts of how they treated their subjects are anything to go by. If we measure it by deaths from imperialism (which includes unintentional deaths) than the Spanish and British were not too far apart.
I wouldn't even call Suarez a real number 9 either. It would be more of a statement signing if they actually stepped up their interest for him.

Yeah I know, it's weird they're in for Suarez in the first place, it just feels like more of the same. He's more of a real no.9 than Messi I guess.
Reply 8769
There's no such thing as good imperialism. Hard to categorize which Empire was worse. If we're going by barbarity than the Belgians and Portuguese were probably the worst if the historical accounts of how they treated their subjects are anything to go by. If we measure it by deaths from imperialism (which includes unintentional deaths) than the Spanish and British were not too far apart.

Agreed Tom.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yup. Now Di Marzio (very reliable) is reporting our interest in Sanchez. So its quite genuine.
Barca aren't in for Suarez, and don't have the cash to meet his release clause, which is upwards of 65m and its implied that it's 80m+.

Madrid do, but they've got a CL winning attack already and don't need another ball hog there. Plus he isn't a static 9 like they need, and their statement signing can easily come in the form of Pogba. If Madrid didn't buy him last summer when a much lower fee would have done, and they needed a striker after Higuain's departure, then there's much less of a chance it'll be this summer.

Get your dreams of Suarez leaving out of your head.

Also, Di Marzio isn't reliable at all. He says 10 things, two come true and the rest don't, then says 'I called it'. He's ****e. Another Balague.
Also will lol my brains out if we buy Sanchez and you don't, given this reported interest.
Original post by New Workout Plan
Barca aren't in for Suarez, and don't have the cash to meet his release clause, which is upwards of 65m and its implied that it's 80m+.

Madrid do, but they've got a CL winning attack already and don't need another ball hog there. Plus he isn't a static 9 like they need, and their statement signing can easily come in the form of Pogba. If Madrid didn't buy him last summer when a much lower fee would have done, and they needed a striker after Higuain's departure, then there's much less of a chance it'll be this summer.

Get your dreams of Suarez leaving out of your head.

Also, Di Marzio isn't reliable at all. He says 10 things, two come true and the rest don't, then says 'I called it'. He's ****e. Another Balague.

Everytime he comes on tv I register his name in my head as "Ballbag", he looks more of a "Ballbag" than a "Balague".
Original post by C.Almasy
Everytime he comes on tv I register his name in my head as "Ballbag", he looks more of a "Ballbag" than a "Balague".

lmao Liverpool fans have been calling him ballbag since years ago.

One year he told us that a move for Albert Riera was just a smokescreen for a move for David Silva... a week later Riera is signed and Silva moves to City a year or two later.

Hasn't got a ****ing clue. He's apparently good mates with Rafa and he's taken a liking to Liverpool so I don't want to hate on him too much but he honestly knows **** all.
Original post by New Workout Plan
lmao Liverpool fans have been calling him ballbag since years ago.

One year he told us that a move for Albert Riera was just a smokescreen for a move for David Silva... a week later Riera is signed and Silva moves to City a year or two later.

Hasn't got a ****ing clue. He's apparently good mates with Rafa and he's taken a liking to Liverpool so I don't want to hate on him too much but he honestly knows **** all.

The only reason he is only tv is he speaks with an accent and in overexcited schoolgirl tones. Us Brits tend to simultaneously take the opinions of 'expert' foreigners as gospel and look upon them with a kind of disdain.
I.e. He is the Hello! magazine of the footballing world.
Sanchez at Arsenal would be :sogood:. Personally I can't see Wenger going in for Balotelli and Sanchez. I just can't see it.
r mandem trynna gas me about this sanchez news

dont gas me cuh

That's quite a big statement to make.

I don't think there would be too much to choose between the two clubs, but for you to "completely blow us out of the water" is hilarity at it's finest.

You may have more of a pull due to your stable, consistent top 4 placings.
Or we may have more of a pull due to our higher finish and more exciting football/evolving squad.
Where would Sanchez play firstly? On the left wing.

If Sanchez is supposedly at his best in a free role around the centre like for Chile then he's going to be occupying Ozil's space.

He's better than whoever you have on left wing I guess and works hard for the team though. It makes more sense for him to go to Liverpool personally, with or without Suarez as they variate their tactics, you'll see Sanchez getting the free role he likes in the diamond and he'll help out wide when they play 4-3-3. Liverpool will get the most out of him compared to Arsenal.

This is assuming that he'll go, which I don't think that he will.

Latest