The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Also you aren't going to be playing him up front.

Giroud was important last season for his hold up play and his flicks, you're going to lose a lot of height and physicality in the team if you play Sanchez up front, meaning that you'll have to rely solely on controlling possession of the ball.

Don't think Sanchez is the right man for Arsenal, but is an improvement on what you have. I see an Ozil situation happening. Him going ham for a month or two and being really poor until the end of the season.
Arsenal have made £20M without selling any of the existing squad. That's very decent business. £20M is a substantial amount, that's at least half or more the transfer fee of a top player
We are not signing Sanchez anyway or anyone of any significance. Wenger will use Joel Campbell as an excuse not to sign a striker and will make Jenkinson a starter. If Vermaelen leaves then expect Squillaci 2.0 as a replacement. We are not signing a defensive midfielder either and Arteta WILL be a starter next season so just get used to that snail.

In Arsene we trust. :adore:
Reply 8783
You can play with more than one free man though. That's what makes chile so great. Pretty much all their front 3 player have the free role and just go about at invoking mayhem :dice:

Anyways Valdivia's the closest to Ozil in the Chile team. Santi who's our best left winger roams about as much as anyone when we have the ball so I can see him doing a job their on the wing. Sanchez's issue with Barca isn't so much position but tactics (I think) as even when he's in the centre for Chile, he roams to the right wing a lot and also drops a fair bit. But I can't deny that he certainly prefers and performs much better when starting off in the centre probably because he doesn't have much defensive responsibilities when he plays there which might be a problem if he plays on the wing.

Anyways this is pure gossip on the back of Wenger not commentating to meet with an agent.
Santi hasn't even been good this season though. He's there because Podolski isn't good enough to start and Chamberlain was injured for half the season.

He's the best left winger because he's the guy who's had the biggest run of games this season on the left wing, Podolski was injured and then benched after Cazorla came back from injury.

Ozil tends to drift to the left wing and the fluidity would work better, you'll also have somebody who can make runs behind the defence other than Walcott and Chamberlain to an extent. Sanchez works best in the centre as a free role and has shown he can do a good job on the right, haven't seen him enough on the left though to make a comment on how he'd do there.

I just don't see that working as well as people think but definitely an improvement on what you have.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sevchenko
Arsenal have made £20M without selling any of the existing squad. That's very decent business. £20M is a substantial amount, that's at least half or more the transfer fee of a top player

All good and well, but we will spend it and on who and when?!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Vela has signed a new deal with Sociedad and they have apparently come to an agreement with us to remove the release clause. Hope this means we are in for Griezmann
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
That's quite a big statement to make.

I don't think there would be too much to choose between the two clubs, but for you to "completely blow us out of the water" is hilarity at it's finest.

You may have more of a pull due to your stable, consistent top 4 placings.
Or we may have more of a pull due to our higher finish and more exciting football/evolving squad.

I think a big pull and factor is Wenger as well. He will speak to Sanchez in Spanish and lure him here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by New Workout Plan

Also, Di Marzio isn't reliable at all. He says 10 things, two come true and the rest don't, then says 'I called it'. He's ****e. Another Balague.

He is actually quite reliable. One of the most reliable Italian journalists. He doesn't comment on things he has no information on unlike Balague hence why he's said nothing on the Balotelli situation whilst most other media outlets are going crazy trying to sell that story. He has got most things right before anyone else (Vela, Fabregas, Benitez, Rakitic, Higuain, Tevez, etc.).

Not sure what's not so believable. All he said is that Wenger met up with his representatives and is interested in him. Doesn't mean we will get him or make a bid. This means absolutely nothing if Alexis himself wants to stay.
Original post by qwerty_mad
I think a big pull and factor is Wenger as well. He will speak to Sanchez in Spanish and lure him here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

if it were that easy, why doesn't he just do the same with suarez?
if it were that easy, why doesn't he just do the same with suarez?

You managed to hang on to Suarez due to a technicality. I don't understand how you (and many other Liverpool fans) have managed to convince yourself that Suarez is in love with Liverpool, Rodgers and Ringo Starr. He really isn't?
Original post by qwerty_mad
All good and well, but we will spend it and on who and when?!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I honestly cam't answer that. All we can do is hope Arsenal go out and get the players we need.
That's quite a big statement to make.

I don't think there would be too much to choose between the two clubs, but for you to "completely blow us out of the water" is hilarity at it's finest.

You may have more of a pull due to your stable, consistent top 4 placings.
Or we may have more of a pull due to our higher finish and more exciting football/evolving squad.

Arsenal have been a bigger club than Liverpool in the last 20 years and have had more leverage in the transfer market because of it... shock horror.

Bar a fluke European Cup win, Liverpool have done absolutely nothing in the last two decades. Any hopes of Liverpool signing the best players in world went out the window several years ago when you descended into mid-table with the likes of Newcastle and Everton :rolleyes:.

I know its a big pill to swallow but its not the 80s anymore. One season finishing second does not make you an elite club again.
wonder what the agreement for the vela deal is.
Original post by little_tom
x

x

Can you guys please get a room?

Sexual tension is killing me.
Original post by little_tom
Arsenal have been a bigger club than Liverpool in the last 20 years and have had more leverage in the transfer market because of it... shock horror.

Bar a fluke European Cup win, Liverpool have done absolutely nothing in the last two decades. Any hopes of Liverpool signing the best players in world went out the window several years ago when you descended into mid-table with the likes of Newcastle and Everton :rolleyes:.

I know its a big pill to swallow but its not the 80s anymore. One season finishing second does not make you an elite club again.

The problem with you is that you're arrogant with your club.
You don't appreciate that a single bad season is this league can condemn a team to several years of decline.

We appreciate being up at the top (even if it's just for one season), and we don't take CL places for granted anymore, not like you.

No offence to arsenal but you constantly and consecutively make the champions league places, but for such a great club, what do you actually have to show for it?

You seen to be an "almost" club.
You're always up there, you're consistent and dependable (respect for that), but you never quite make it all the way now.

For a player who wants to win trophies, do you really have THAT much more of a pull than Liverpool?

If you are to respond to this, please respond with words rather than a crudely drawn children's paint job.
Luke vs Tom: Episode 475
Original post by hello101010
Luke vs Tom: Episode 475

It it's even a competition.

Arsenal have clearly been the more consistent team in modern football, but their pull at the moment isn't as much more than Liverpool as tom claims it is.
tell 30 yr old santi to head to atletico , or even podolski to kick - bring in Sanchez or Griezmann, A DM, Don Balo, That boi Campbell back and Serge A

Summer done ya herd me
Reply 8799
So, we don't bring back Fabregas or Vela..

Wenger must have something HUGE planned

Latest