The Student Room Group

GCSE Predictions?

Now GCSE's are over!(woo finally)
What are you guys doing over the summer?
What do you predict for your grades? c:
(Not sure if this thread already exists, so if it does just ignore this one xD)

I predict..
Religious Studies-A
English-B
DIDA-A (Already achieved)
English Lang- A (Already achieved)
Biology-A
Physics-B
Chemistry-B
Media Studies-A
Maths-C/B
Geography-B
Art-B
German-C
I think I'm missing some subjects but ah well 0.- XD
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pandorax
Now GCSE's are over!(woo finally)
What are you guys doing over the summer?
What do you predict for your grades? c:
(Not sure if this thread already exists, so if it does just ignore this one xD)

I predict..
Religious Studies-A
English-B
DIDA-A (Already achieved)
English Lang- A (Already achieved)
Biology-A
Physics-B
Chemistry-B
Media Studies-A
Maths-C/B
Geography-B
Art-B
German-C
I think I'm missing some subjects but ah well 0.- XD

Sounds like you done well:smile:

English Lang- A/A*
English Lit- A
Maths- A
Science Core- A*
Science Add- C/D
Art- A ( Already been told this)
Drama- B
Textiles- B
Health and Social Care- Pass
Citizenship- B (achieved)
Most gutted about Maths though. Got an A* in my mock but the Non-Calculator paper was difficult. Reckon I got a solid A though.
Reply 2
Original post by SparklyUnicornz
Sounds like you done well:smile:

English Lang- A/A*
English Lit- A
Maths- A
Science Core- A*
Science Add- C/D
Art- A ( Already been told this)
Drama- B
Textiles- B
Health and Social Care- Pass
Citizenship- B (achieved)
Most gutted about Maths though. Got an A* in my mock but the Non-Calculator paper was difficult. Reckon I got a solid A though.

Awesome! :biggrin:D But if it was difficult it means the grade boundaries are going to be lower, so you're most likely still going to get an A* c:
Glad you've both done so well (it seems):

I predict:
English language - A*
English Literature - C (I ought to read the books in future)
RE - A
PE - A*
Maths - A
History - A
Human health and physiology - B/A
Physics - A (already got)
Biology - A (already got)
Chemistry - A (already got)
Geography - A* (already got)
Congrats guys!
I think over summer, I think I might look over work a week before sixth form starts, but other that, I'm just going to relax!

Predictions:
English Literature - A*
English Language - A
Maths - A*
Triple science - A*A*A*
History - A/A*
ICT - A/A*
Drama - B
German - A
Music - A/A*

This is best case scenario though.
What do you guys want to do once you've left school?
Original post by AlphaNick
the grades i think ive got are the same as my predicted grades

maths A*
english lit A*
biology A*
chemistry A*
physics A*
history A*
geography A*
computing A
spanish A
mandarin A*

already did english language in november

Honestly? Jealous :frown:
i have virtually no life so dont be jealous, i wish i had a better group of friends

I'm shocked by this, haha... Do you actually drink a lot as you state?
i have virtually no life so dont be jealous, i wish i had a better group of friends

Tbh, it's better to have better grades than better friends cos it can actually get you somewhere in life....anyway, you still have university to try and make some new friends!
I see all these people so proud of themselves for getting 2 As, 6 Bs and 3 Cs or so... Is it just me that would have a breakdown if I got results like that? :confused:
9 A*s and 1 A if I look at subjects individually, but putting them together I reckon I may have not done as well on one of them so I reckon 8 A*s and 2 As. The definite A is PE which is annoying but enjoyed it so couldn't care less.... also I reckon B in additional maths and I've already passed DELF B1 French. 2 of the A*s are already achieved, French and Maths :smile:
i do have an okay social life its just i wish i had it a bit better, i get depressed a bit.. i drink a bit but definitely not a lot

really? i would take friends any day... but fair enough your point is exactly why im looking forward to uni

Meh... I understand what you are saying, my friendship group doesn't revise and they don't care about their grades, hence in the future they plan to do apprenticeships or BTecs (nothing wrong with that but they haven't even applied to sixth form.) I'd personally rather be academically gifted, like you, than wander the streets drinking.
Original post by shilpasajan
I see all these people so proud of themselves for getting 2 As, 6 Bs and 3 Cs or so... Is it just me that would have a breakdown if I got results like that? :confused:

I wouldn't be happy, because I expect more of myself but I can understand why people are ecstatic when they achieve such grades because it may exceed what they thought they could get.
Reply 12

With those grades my friend you'll have more than a good life when your older. Right now at our age it's all about working hard to make a life, and when you go sixth form and uni you'll be around people with common interests so you'll find better friends.

What did you get in English lang?

What if you got 2C's 2F's and the rest E's funnily enough I still have an honours degree so it all worked out in the end

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jonathanemptage
What if you got 2C's 2F's and the rest E's funnily enough I still have an honours degree so it all worked out in the end

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bro did you really?
Bro did you really?

why would I lie it took me 4 years at collage instead of 2 but i still got there funnily enough a guy in the top set who got A's and stuff also took 4 years to get to uni with me GCSE'S don't mean every thing but good grades I'm sure help.
Original post by jonathanemptage
why would I lie it took me 4 years at collage instead of 2 but i still got there funnily enough a guy in the top set who got A's and stuff also took 4 years to get to uni with me GCSE'S don't mean every thing but good grades I'm sure help.

Well you are an inspiration my friend, good luck for the future!
Reply 17
Over the summer holidays I am going to Cornwall for a few weeks, and reading a lot.

Predictions:

Maths - A* (obtained)
Further Maths - A^ (obtained)
Additional Maths (FSMQ) - A (very confident, I looked at Mr M's mark scheme and I think I only dropped like 6 marks).
English Language - A (obtained)
English Literature - A*
History - A*
Religious - A* (obtained)
Drama - A
German - B/A (Not too sure - got high Bs on speaking coursework (see english language above), and in mock exams it varies between C-A*, so could be anything).
Physics - A*
Chemistry - A*
Biology - A*

Oh, and a BTEC (Business, got a Distinction*), but that is the one I hide away and try to ignore (We were told it was a GCSE damnit). (Not that BTECs are at all bad, I just think another GCSE would have been better for what I want to do in the future)

Edit: Realised I made it far too long and started babbling.
(edited 9 years ago)
So glad everyone thinks they've gone well :smile:

Maths- A*
English lit- A*
English- A*
Chem- A/A*
Physics- A*
Biology- A* (already done)
History- A/A*
Spanish- A*
RS- A
RE- A*