The Student Room Group

Male, ponytail, oh ****

I know most gasp in terror at this by the looks of it.

Okay so I've had my hair long for many years, tbh I feel so used to it that it would feel alien to have it short, but often other peoples views of how you look are more helpful than your own. No one has really expressed a view, just "can;t imagine you with short hair", like its part of my identity lol, but doesn't mean it wouldn't be better.

So my hair is shoulder length, doesn't really go past them. Standard stuff, mostly central parting, sometimes a tad to the side. Here's a photo, about a year old,, but it looks the same style wise for all intents and purposes (minus that pesky whispy bit!).

I can't really imagine what other style I'd have, but tell me how horrific or not it is, and what you'd do?

OH MEH GAWD RATE MEH AM I BEAUTIFUL?!

P.S. If you know me from my photo, hi, fancy bumping into you on TSR, do comment!
(edited 9 years ago)
Men with ponytails make me feel sick.

No offence.
Reply 2
Original post by Reeeeyah

No offence.

Now why would I take offensive at such a tactful comment? :wink:

Keep it coming folks.
I actually kind of like guys with ponytails, however weird that may be. As long as its clean and everything I don't see a problem :P
Don't worry it's not horrific :smile:. I think if you don't want to go short then i think that a haircut just above the shoulders would suit you (not a ponytail fan to be honest)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reeeeyah

No offence.

Disagree. I can think of several men with pony tails that I'd happily go through like a train.
Original post by Mad Vlad
Disagree. I can think of several men with pony tails that I'd happily go through like a train.

Each to their own.

I just don't find men with long hair/ponytails very attractive.
Reply 7
You're cute. I love men with long hair. Just make sure you wash it frequently :smile:
Reply 8
The main issue with males having long hair is that they're often unable to tame it and keep it clean, since they generally don't care for their hair as much as females do.
My advice is to let go of the long hair. You have a strong face shape, and I think that your hair is making you look scruffy, which is a real shame.
Go to a barbers or hairdressers and ask for short back and sides. This will leave you with a decent amount of hair on top (coming from your fringe region) which you'll be able to quiff yourself, using wax.
So, take my advice and get rid of your long hair! Short hair will make you look a lot more sophisticated and well-groomed, and it will do a lot more justice for your face shape.
Edit: A side-sweep haircut might make you feel more comfortable if you don't want to lose all of the length. However, you'd probably have to go to a hairdressers like Supercuts for something more specific like this.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Petulia
snip snip (..lol).

Okay some relevant replies now, couple of people don't mind it, got a more lengthy reply from you.

Would you be able to link to any photos of folks with the same sort of style you're describing?
Original post by joey11223
I know most gasp in terror at this by the looks of it.

Okay so I've had my hair long for many years, tbh I feel so used to it that it would feel alien to have it short, but often other peoples views of how you look are more helpful than your own. No one has really expressed a view, just "can;t imagine you with short hair", like its part of my identity lol, but doesn't mean it wouldn't be better.

So my hair is shoulder length, doesn't really go past them. Standard stuff, mostly central parting, sometimes a tad to the side. Here's a photo, year or so old, tad more frizzy that day due to 5+ mile coastal walk in high heat/breeze, but it looks the same style wise for all intents and purposes (minus that pesky whispy bit!).

I can't really imagine what other style I'd have, but tell me how horrific or not it is, and what you'd do?

OH MEH GAWD RATE MEH AM I BEAUTIFUL?!

P.S. If you know me from my photo, hi, fancy bumping into you on TSR, do comment!

You're gorgeous :colone: So very gorgeous, honest. Your eyes and I can't see the pony but I love long hair. Men in my culture keep it long, it shows life, wisdom, health, and a warrior spirit. Don't ask lol well you can ask... :tongue:
Do you mind showing me the pony :smile:
You are cute!
Give us a back view of your head too. :yep:
Okay some relevant replies now, couple of people don't mind it, got a more lengthy reply from you.

Would you be able to link to any photos of folks with the same sort of style you're describing?

Variation of short back and sides hairstyle (this is the name of the haircut and what you'd ask the barber for):
http://hairstylesites.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/mens-hairstyles-short-back-and-sides-long-on-top.jpg
http://www.cromatika.info/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/mens-haircuts-short-back-and-sides-dwd3scrs.jpg
http://www.mrbluewhiter.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Zac-Efron-hairstyle.jpg
So there's more hair on the top, which you could easily quiff or slick back with wax / gel. I tried to find photos of people with a similar face shape to yours.

If you were to grow out this haircut, it would eventually become a side-swept hairstyle like this: http://hairartgallery.net/images/2013/03/05110056_2.jpg
Basically what I'm saying is that it's fine for men to have a long fringe, but that's about it. Everything else should be cut fairly short.
Some females on here do seem to like your hair, as you've seen, but I would definitely recommend cutting it for a more sophisticated look. Otherwise, just make sure to keep your hair clean, and avoid the middle parting!
Reply 14

Oh hey its that dude out of the twilight lol, hmm thanks for the info and photos, the face shape is surprisingly relevant/similar. I think that sort of thing does seem the best option f I decide to change style.
Now why would I take offensive at such a tactful comment? :wink:

Keep it coming folks.

Lmfao.

You're cute OP. Lovely eyes and smile :yep: But I do agree with Petulia, and the styles they posted would really compliment your face more IMO.

Original post by Petulia
Variation of short back and sides hairstyle (this is the name of the haircut and what you'd ask the barber for):
http://hairstylesites.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/mens-hairstyles-short-back-and-sides-long-on-top.jpg
http://www.cromatika.info/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/mens-haircuts-short-back-and-sides-dwd3scrs.jpg
http://www.mrbluewhiter.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Zac-Efron-hairstyle.jpg
So there's more hair on the top, which you could easily quiff or slick back with wax / gel. I tried to find photos of people with a similar face shape to yours.
Reply 16
Rock the ponytail my fwend, gawd gave you DAT hair, flaunt it and let bitches hate 'cause you bewt :yep:

Original post by Mad Vlad

:rofl: You horny bastard! Do name some :colone:
Original post by ipoop
Rock the ponytail my fwend, gawd gave you DAT hair, flaunt it and let bitches hate 'cause you bewt :yep:

:rofl: You horny bastard! Do name some :colone:

Most are friends/friends of friends/acquaintances. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest