The Student Room Group

Can you permaban persistent racist trolls?

Noticing a lot of these lately and it seems that as soon as they're banned they make new accounts. They're not even subtle about it, posting copied stuff that they said before.

it's pretty offensive having to read all that but what I don't get is why you can't permaban these idiots? Why after several accounts are they still here?

Scroll to see replies

Aside from the fact that that would constitute censorship, I don't think that TSR does IP bans.
Reply 2
Original post by tengentoppa
Aside from the fact that that would constitute censorship, I don't think that TSR does IP bans.

They already IP banned a friend of mine :tongue: (Took about 25 accounts though :teehee:)

Censorship to permaban someone who keeps making new accounts to get around a ban?

I thought they did?

TSR does do IP bans, I believe, but it's not difficult to get around these.
Original post by PythianLegume
TSR does do IP bans, I believe, but it's not difficult to get around these.

Hmmm, I would know. :wink:
Reply 6
Sadly, people put a lot of effort into doing nothing of any kind of use or merit on the internet.
Welcome to the internet.
Racist it subjunctive. You could be just PC, an individual who doesn't like others having their views on race. Just because it offends you it doesn't make it racist either.
Original post by CryptoidAlien
Racist it subjunctive. You could be just PC, an individual who doesn't like others having their views on race. Just because it offends you it doesn't make it racist either.

The individual in question keeps saying whites are dirty and disgusting and engage in beastiality.
I guess ur question has been answered. Tsr does permaban such idiots but as it's easy to circumvent the ip ban, they continue to make dupe accounts.
Urgh, I agree. The sooner we get rid of them, the better.
Original post by CryptoidAlien

Nope, he isn't a racist like you:wink:, so he can't use the PC excuse.

He is a this guy is someone who says that white people get cancer and etc etc and is probably on his 20th different account for saying ridiculous things.
Original post by usycool1
(And we also have other ways of identifying users on here, not just by their IP addresses)

No you don't.
Original post by Wilfred Little
No you don't.

Whatever you say, boss. :cool:
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
The individual in question keeps saying whites are dirty and disgusting and engage in beastiality.

Oh here come the PC brigade! Trying to stop free speech! Its the truth, all white people sleep with animals, it's and OBSERVATION, its not racist!!!!
Whatever you say, boss. :cool:

Don't listen to him. Unless someone is using the same posting style then you can't.
Reply 17
I know who you're talking about, OP. I would also like to know if he can be permabanned.

However this is none of your business, this is for the mods to know only, we must stay ignorant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Indeed. :sadnod:

If someone does break rules while using a proxy though, we just tend to perma ban them. :yep:

(And we also have other ways of identifying users on here, not just by their IP addresses)

What does this mean? What other ways? Would these other ways help to permaban members?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
What does this mean? What other ways?

There aren't any.

Quick Reply

Latest