The Student Room Group

What grade do you think this gets me?

I sat 12 exams for Edexcel A-Level Mathematics and Further Mathematics this year, and using unofficial mark schemes and talking to other students, these are my grades:

fp1: 75
fp2: 66
fp3: 64
s3: 72
s4: 72
s2: 63
m1: 67
c3: 66
c4: 70
s1: 59
c2: 71
c1: 59

What grades do these look like to you? I think it averages out to AA, but I'm not sure.

What do you guys think?
(edited 9 years ago)
Could be A*A* if grade boundaries permit. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Only looking to get AA, really. That's what I need to go for the Comp Sci and Maths Joint Honours at RHC :smile:
Original post by VannR
I sat 12 exams for Edexcel A-Level Mathematics and Further Mathematics this year, and using unofficial mark schemes and talking to other students, these are my grades:

What grades do these look like to you? I think it averages out to AA, but I'm not sure.

What do you guys think?

Woah, you've done well in the fp3 considering it was Edexcel xD
Reply 4
Original post by VannR

What do you guys think?

where did you get the s3 unofficial mark scheme from?
Original post by VannR

What do you guys think?

I've look at all your raw marks and averages them out for each subject.

Further maths:
Average percentage over A level: 91.55% = A grade
Average A2 units: 89.77% = not A* grade

Maths:
Average percentage over A level: 87.10% = A grade
Average A2 units (core 3 and core 4): 90.65% = A* grade

These are just based on your RAW marks percentages, so this information is assuming every single one of your modules have grade boundaries were the percentage of UMS = the percentage of RAW marks. obviously this won't happen so this is just an estimate.

So just cross your fingers and hope for low grade boundaries to get both your A*'s, but you're definitely looking at 2 A's and you could potentially get A*'s.
Reply 6
Original post by sunny-96
where did you get the s3 unofficial mark scheme from?

I didn't get a mark scheme for S3. I just asked people on TSR on the day, and I apparently got all the right answers. Same for S4.

I think that I got 75/75 on one of S3 or S4 as well, but I did not want to be overly optimistic.
Original post by VannR
x

That is a lot of maths in one year! :eek:

I'd say you've got 2 A*s - and definitely 2 As! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by VannR
I didn't get a mark scheme for S3. I just asked people on TSR on the day, and I apparently got all the right answers. Same for S4.

I think that I got 75/75 on one of S3 or S4 as well, but I did not want to be overly optimistic.

oh i see - shame there wasn't an unofficial though! :frown:

I think i've got around 67/68 on that s3 paper... do you think that would be enough for 90ums?
Original post by crayolaguy
I've look at all your raw marks and averages them out for each subject.

Further maths:
Average percentage over A level: 91.55% = A grade
Average A2 units: 89.77% = not A* grade

Maths:
Average percentage over A level: 87.10% = A grade
Average A2 units (core 3 and core 4): 90.65% = A* grade

These are just based on your RAW marks percentages, so this information is assuming every single one of your modules have grade boundaries were the percentage of UMS = the percentage of RAW marks. obviously this won't happen so this is just an estimate.

So just cross your fingers and hope for low grade boundaries to get both your A*'s, but you're definitely looking at 2 A's and you could potentially get A*'s.

Definitely don't average raw marks. Having seen previous grade boundaries, he may well get 2 A*s, especially as FP3 and FP2 were trickier than usual.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yl95
Definitely don't average raw marks. Having seen previous grade boundaries, he may well get 2 A*s, especially as FP3 and FP2 were trickier than usual.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah sorry, I know it's not the most accurate thing ever but I was just going by the infromation he gave. I did mention that it won't be accurate in the post. But yeah probably will get A*s but I was just providing information about his raw marks so far.

Quick Reply

Latest