The Student Room Group

Revising a 2 page essay?

So I have a 2 page welsh essay to learn by Wednesday next week, and to be honest I have no idea where to start and how to revise it word for word, can someone give me an idea on how to learn an essay in a different language?
Reply 1
Split the essay up into sentences. Number the sentences chronologically. Write down one word that summarises each sentence. To do this, you need to make sure that you understand what you've written in every single line.
You get 30 prompt words usually. I found it easier to use English words as my prompts during GCSE French, however, most people choose to write their prompt words in French / whatever language it is.
Reply 2
Currently doing the same for my German.

I find the easiest way is basically to read a sentence again, and again, and again, look away do it a few more times until you remember it. Do the next sentence, go back, do the first, etc.

SO repetitive. SO boring, but it works.

Alternatively you can record it and just keep playing it back, or just keep writing it down over and over. Not sure of any other methods
Original post by Clob
So I have a 2 page welsh essay to learn by Wednesday next week, and to be honest I have no idea where to start and how to revise it word for word, can someone give me an idea on how to learn an essay in a different language?

The French students in my year are currently having to revise a piece that they've written. They had cue cards with paragraphs/the first few sentences in each to help them memorise it. You could do that an keep repeating it to yourself or write it out again and again :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Clob

How I did it (I have learnt 12 or so foreign language assessments this way) is to read one sentence, repeat it in my head until I can without looking. Do it with next sentence etc. etc. I'll do a paragraph a night till I know it all :h:

Also I usually just recite what I know at various times during the day to make sure I can remember it

Quick Reply

Latest