The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lNurl
even tsr is against me :frown:

*u just repped me recently i guess, Or dint rep too many people after repping me ages ago*

i repped yesterday so its been like 8-10 hours since
i never thought i would say this but, this is one of the most deadest society threads ever!! where are all the turks or people who can speak or turkish or even like the turkish society gahhh
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
Well I wanted to make a thread, but somebody told me not to. :rolleyes:

There aren't many Turks on TSR, (I wonder why) hence the lack of members.

I'm alright. Revising, drawing, reading, watching films, 10 hours sleep etc :yawn:

Are you a Turk? Where do you people mostly live in the UK? I don't think I've ever seen a Turkish person in my life. Are you people really blue-eyed or a mix of different ethnicities? I don't know how to tell a Turk from Whites, Pakistanis, Arabs and that :colondollar:
Reply 3763
Cene calmaktan baska bir ise yaramiyor burasi. Sohbet edecek bir konu bulun (düzgün bir konu), konusalim.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3764
Original post by Troll_Account
Are you a Turk? Where do you people mostly live in the UK? I don't think I've ever seen a Turkish person in my life. Are you people really blue-eyed or a mix of different ethnicities? I don't know how to tell a Turk from Whites, Pakistanis, Arabs and that :colondollar:

Turkish people are a mix of different ethnicities. See here.

Most Turkish people look like Mediterraneans like Italians or Greek.

See this video for an example.

Original post by sbj
Turkish people are a mix of different ethnicities. See here.

Most Turkish people look like Mediterraneans like Italians or Greek.

See this video for an example.

Oooh thanks. I thought they were Chinese looking at one point. Tyrions girl in Game of Thrones is Turkish, so I thought you all looked Chinese-y. But then I saw Sila Sahin on the news about being a Playboy model. She looked European.
Reply 3766
Original post by Troll_Account
Oooh thanks. I thought they were Chinese looking at one point. Tyrions girl in Game of Thrones is Turkish, so I thought you all looked Chinese-y. But then I saw Sila Sahin on the news about being a Playboy model. She looked European.

I talked about Turks in Turkey. There are a lot of other Turkish groups such as Uigur Turks in China, Azerbaijan Turks (for example 20% of Iran are Turks), Turkmens (Turkmenistan, Syria, Iraq), Kazakh Turks (Kazakhstan), Uzbek Turks, and so on. So from China to Europe, mainly in Central Asia.

That Chinese-y ones are those Turks with the most Turkish genes (Central Asia). Turkey Turks (Europe) has the least one because of Ruling so much places and after a time mixing with the natives.

See here.
yeay thread is not completely dead I guess :h:
Original post by sbj
I talked about Turks in Turkey. There are a lot of other Turkish groups such as Uigur Turks in China, Azerbaijan Turks (for example 20% of Iran are Turks), Turkmens (Turkmenistan, Syria, Iraq), Kazakh Turks (Kazakhstan), Uzbek Turks, and so on. So from China to Europe, mainly in Central Asia.

That Chinese-y ones are those Turks with the most Turkish genes (Central Asia). Turkey Turks (Europe) has the least one because of Ruling so much places and after a time mixing with the natives.

See here.

I find all the genes stuff facinating one day i want to do that genetic sequencing thing so that i can know about my ancestors

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omdssssssssssssss a Turkish Society!!!!! :biggrin:

I'm Pakistani, but I've just been Istanbul :biggrin:
Original post by lNurl
yeay thread is not completely dead I guess :h:

its because i revived it :tongue:
Reply 3771
Original post by ihateusernames
I find all the genes stuff facinating one day i want to do that genetic sequencing thing so that i can know about my ancestors

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/product/genographic-2.0-kits/geno-2.0---genographic-project-participation-and-dna-ancestry-kit
Original post by TheGameOfScience
its because i revived it :tongue:

Thank you :smile: Ramo left us :biggrin: You are our new leader :cool:

I don't trust this kinda things, I prefer going to proper lab and doing everything with professionals.
Reply 3774
Original post by lNurl

I don't trust this kinda things, I prefer going to proper lab and doing everything with professionals.

These are professionals. Anonymous and perfect fitting for everyone for low money.

Proper lab? Are you afraid of conspiracy theories may become true or what?
Original post by ihateusernames

Posted from TSR Mobile

So do I! I reckon I'll have a splash of Greek somewhere as I'm half Cypriot :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Probably ye. You are half cypriot half ? I think i have arab genes since my fam are near the border with syria

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rosewater1
So do I! I reckon I'll have a splash of Greek somewhere as I'm half Cypriot :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Opps didnt quote you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Merhaba! :hi:

Nasilsin?
Original post by Keoje
Merhaba! :hi:

Nasilsin?

Woo another turk. Iyiyim sagol sen?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest