The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Steezy
Ok then Adolf. I'll leave you to your thoughts.

It's like you're playing a game and every generation you move across the game board. The number of places you move across the game board each generation depends on the mother and father of the child. The end of the game board is some ideal of perfection like celebrity image. Why would you want to move only one place to this ideal when you can move two or even three places if you choose the tall handsome man to procreate with!!
Original post by Scrawt
Sure you might love this guy but I doubt you'll love his height. I don't understand why women have children with short/average height guys when there are taller guys (and better looking guys) who will happily impregnate them and their child will most likely be taller and better looking than the child from the other guy.

I have learnt that society treats people like numbers, as we are constantly judged on our aesthetic worth. So why settle for second best and have a child with anything but a tall (6'3+ and attractive) male? Surely you want the best for your future child right?

I am just curious as to why women settle for inferior men. Sure you can have a relationship with these men as you like their personality but why don't you have children with the better alpha male? It just seems right to me that the alpha male is better in every way... You don't walk into a toy shop and get the worst toy do you? You walk in and get the biggest and most elaborate toy. Well a child is like a toy really in this respect.

one of my mates is big and tall and gets a lot of attention from guess who?

all the same..hes lazy..perhaps because of him getting some stuff easier in life than others..

as a result some would say he perhaps has a less attractive attitude and due to his laziness less personality and openness etc

being good looking is an immediate plus!but the your attitude is far more important whether youre a fuglie or a hunk.

so yeh...often advantages can lead to disadvantages...and disadvantages can lead to advantages so it makes their importance minuscule.
Reply 22
But what if you have a daughter? She'll be super tall and from what I have heard.. tall girls hate being tall and generally females look a bit strange if they are 6ft+...
Reply 23
Original post by 8472
But what if you have a daughter? She'll be super tall and from what I have heard.. tall girls hate being tall and generally females look a bit strange if they are 6ft+...

No height wins all round girls included. A tall girl wins because she can't date a guy shorter than herself! She will get with all the tall handsome guys who like tall girls.
While I don't entirely disagree with the notion of alpha and beta males its clear from TSR that people don't seem to understand what makes somebody an alpha.

Being tall or even aesthetic does not make somebody an alpha male. An alpha male is a personality type, somebody who commands respect and is confident in themself, as such they exude confidence. Being tall or muscular simply adds to that, it does not make alpha.

Your logic is also somewhat narrow given that women seek mates who can provide for their children, an attractive guy or even alpha may not exhibit those traits.
I would suspect that any Alpha girl that's with a Beta or lower has something wrong with her.

She's doing it as a show of power to get revenge for something ( probably her parents) did to her.

Whereas she should be confronting them straight on instead of taking such a perverted course of action
Reply 26
Original post by Rakas21
While I don't entirely disagree with the notion of alpha and beta males its clear from TSR that people don't seem to understand what makes somebody an alpha.

Being tall or even aesthetic does not make somebody an alpha male. An alpha male is a personality type, somebody who commands respect and is confident in themself, as such they exude confidence. Being tall or muscular simply adds to that, it does not make alpha.

Your logic is also somewhat narrow given that women seek mates who can provide for their children, an attractive guy or even alpha may not exhibit those traits.

I don't think a providing male is as important as it once was given the welfare system we live in. I think people are beginning to choose their mates based on their aesthetic worth alone and a kind of designer baby trend is beginning to emerge - Just look at that Danish sperm article for example.
Original post by Scrawt
No height wins all round girls included. A tall girl wins because she can't date a guy shorter than herself! She will get with all the tall handsome guys who like tall girls.

As a woman who's nearly six feet tall, I can assure you there's been little choice - across my 'dating career' - to date all that many men who are taller than me so, yeah, I can date someone shorter and, as for those shorter men? Personality wins out over aesthetics every single time.
I think it's a combination of whether the woman is attractive enough to catch 6 ft 3 giants and the fact that being so damn attractive the 6ft + imperial race might be more arrogant, be more promiscuous and less into settling down and lacking good fatherly qualities. But might just be stereotyping
You forget that these other guys may have other desirable traits. For example, intelligence, or a good sense of humor. So, even if they do not have some traits such as being tall, they could have others that are attractive. Of course, you could have a tall person who also has all of these attractive traits, so logically they would be the best option to go for. However, human relationships don't work that way.
Reply 30
Original post by Freudian Slip
As a woman who's nearly six feet tall, I can assure you there's been little choice - across my 'dating career' - to date all that many men who are taller than me so, yeah, I can date someone shorter and, as for those shorter men? Personality wins out over aesthetics every single time.

Really? I find that hard to believe as I see many tall and single guys around. You're probably too selective in your search for the 'right guy' but if I were you, I would never date a guy shorter than me because not only does it look odd, if we were to have sex, I would feel as though he is degrading me with his inferior 'short' genes.
Original post by Scrawt
Really? I find that hard to believe as I see many tall and single guys around. You're probably too selective in your search for the 'right guy' but if I were you, I would never date a guy shorter than me because not only does it look odd, if we were to have sex, I would feel as though he is degrading me with his inferior 'short' genes.

That's your own insecurity.

My boyfriend is 6ft1 but if he weren't Id love him all the same. Don't see why it matters
I'm short and it doesn't bother me. Why is my life worth less because I'm under 5ft.
Original post by Gjaykay
Anyone who uses the phrase 'alpha male' seriously is a loser.

Amen
Original post by Scrawt

Don't get me wrong, it's not necessarily ideal and I've been somewhat put off by people who were significantly shorter than me for, erm, 'practical reasons'. :erm: It just so happens that a majority of men I've met were really quite a bit shorter than me and I can't help but disagree, since I still wouldn't let a factor like height put me off someone with otherwise amazing traits to offer!

Although, I admit, my current partner is about 6'2" and, I've gotta say, I prefer feeling like 'the girl' in our relationship, height-wise. :colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
That's your own insecurity.

My boyfriend is 6ft1 but if he weren't Id love him all the same. Don't see why it matters

How can you be so sure of that? It could be that his height was the first thing that captured your attention. Also,suppose your boyfriend was 5'10 and another guy, with the same traits, who was 6'3 took your liking. You would most likely try for the taller guy.
Reply 36
Original post by Freudian Slip
Don't get me wrong, it's not necessarily ideal and I've been somewhat put off by people who were significantly shorter than me for, erm, 'practical reasons'. :erm: It just so happens that a majority of men I've met were really quite a bit shorter than me and I can't help but disagree, since I still wouldn't let a factor like height put me off someone with otherwise amazing traits to offer!

Although, I admit, my current partner is about 6'2" and, I've gotta say, I prefer feeling like 'the girl' in our relationship, height-wise. :colondollar:

You should put all of the personality stuff to one side and judge males based on their physical worth. If I were you, I would go to a sperm bank and ask for the sperm from a very tall handsome Swedish guy because we have been influenced to believe that Scandinavian attributes are the Western 'White male' ideal. Then others will be jealous of your children and you can take them out to the shopping mall and show them off like toys alongside your ripped 6'2 boyfriend. This will make your boyfriend big and strong, as others will believe the children are his.
(edited 9 years ago)
You're disregarding all factors other than height.
Reply 38
I don't even know how tall my other half is. I mean, he's about the same size as me, a couple of inches taller perhaps. Not sure. Don't care. Probably prefer the fact that he's near my height, if anything. Though he's Danish so you'll probably throw some other 'Scandinavian attributes' stuff back at me.
...so, are you an average guy or an alpha male? :rolleyes:

Latest