srs this is a problem.

Who? Me or you?
Reply 2
Original post by RHyoudon'kno
Who? Me or you?

anyone I suppose
Original post by louieee
anyone I suppose

Tbh, I probably am a waste of space. :frown: Oh well.
No-one is a waste, everyone has their own characteristics. Don't think so low of yourself, I'm sure there is something positive about you, that someone else loves! You don't have to conform and be like other people, everyone is unique.
Reply 5

I don't even know who I am though really
Original post by louieee
I don't even know who I am though really

Start living life, while I go wallow in self pity.
Reply 7

awwwh :hugs:
We need you in the Sleep Is For The Weak thread :tongue:
Reply 8
Start living life, while I go wallow in self pity.

but how do you live when you're not properly alive though
Original post by AdamCee
awwwh :hugs:
We need you in the Sleep Is For The Weak thread :tongue:

Thanks but no thanks. I've got some wallowing to do.

Original post by louieee
but how do you live when you're not properly alive though

Not sure. Just part of life. How does anyone know if they're living?
Reply 10
Thanks but no thanks. I've got some wallowing to do.

Not sure. Just part of life. How does anyone know if they're living?

you don't need tp know if you're living or not, it's irrelevant. It's just about feeling alive, which I don't quite
Original post by louieee
you don't need tp know if you're living or not, it's irrelevant. It's just about feeling alive, which I don't quite

Hmm. Good question. I'm not the one to ask. Bye.
OP, consider seeking help from Samaritans. Please don't think so low of yourself :smile:

Original post by Troytheboy
No-one is a waste, everyone has their own characteristics. Don't think so low of yourself, I'm sure there is something positive about you, that someone else loves! You don't have to conform and be like other people, everyone is unique.

I cannot agree with this post more.

OP, If you feel that you have 'no identity', perhaps you are trying to find/make/create one? Don't explicitly force an identity to fit in to what other people want you to be, but you have to find/make/create one for yourself (hopefully within the law though).

Maybe this'll help. Take a look at your finger print. It's unique. Have a look in the mirror. You're unique. Bear with me on this one...that's your identity. You.

Maybe we can consider this another way. Rather than wondering whether you have have an identity, are you wondering whether you will identify with another group/social sphere etc? Is it that you are really wondering whether you can belong, or have things in common with other people/groups/social spheres etc? You can.
Merely by pondering your own existence, you serve as more than most that has ever existed.
like when you don't know what you are?
Reply 15
you have described me in a nutshell. there's nothing you can do. it's a miserable existence. you just have to live to forget. the world is better off without me. my family is better off without me.
Reply 16
Original post by + polarity -
like when you don't know what you are?

exactly.
Reply 17
Original post by jammy4041
OP, consider seeking help from Samaritans. Please don't think so low of yourself :smile:

I cannot agree with this post more.

OP, If you feel that you have 'no identity', perhaps you are trying to find/make/create one? Don't explicitly force an identity to fit in to what other people want you to be, but you have to find/make/create one for yourself (hopefully within the law though).

Maybe this'll help. Take a look at your finger print. It's unique. Have a look in the mirror. You're unique. Bear with me on this one...that's your identity. You.

Maybe we can consider this another way. Rather than wondering whether you have have an identity, are you wondering whether you will identify with another group/social sphere etc? Is it that you are really wondering whether you can belong, or have things in common with other people/groups/social spheres etc? You can.

don't really like what I see in the mirror though, and I still can't associate with it. I don't think my reflection/appearance is a very good expression of 'me', and so I feel almost completely disconnected from it.

and when I think about who I am, I feel a bit blank because I don't fit into anything (and before you say that's a good thing, it's really not)
Original post by louieee
don't really like what I see in the mirror though, and I still can't associate with it. I don't think my reflection/appearance is a very good expression of 'me', and so I feel almost completely disconnected from it.

and when I think about who I am, I feel a bit blank because I don't fit into anything (and before you say that's a good thing, it's really not)

That's quite sad to hear. If you think that you don't fit into anything, it's probably because you haven't found something to fit into yet. Please have faith that you will find that something to fit into soon enough.

It's probably beyond the scope of this thread to question why you can't associate with what you see in the mirror... in your words, why there is this 'disconnect' between what you (presumably) want to be and what you percieve as yourself in the mirror, or why the reflection in the mirror 'is not a good expression' of yourself.

To that end, I would strongly urge you (and anyone else in this precarious position) to seek professional help, in confidence, from somewhere like The Samaritans, Mind or maybe even the Citizens Advice Bureau. Also please see your GP, as they will be able to put you in touch with other groups.

Quick Reply