The Student Room Group

PGCE - Current Students Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by carnationlilyrose
It's up to you to keep the contact going. I'm sure if you are uber-willing, helpful and considerate they will be happy to help you out. As for the senior school experience, you just have to keep on asking until one says yes. As for photocopiers, there's nothing to them until the paper jams. Then it's game over.

Hahha ok I'll take note lol... It shouldn't be too hard !? I've gotta be there at half 8 to like help set up the class and stuff should be fun I dunno I'm just worried about like break and lunch like am I gonna chill in the classroom with the teachers !? Ahhhh haha I'm sure they're nice and all but I feel so young !? Ahh I'll bring my phone... And ok thanks haha guess I'll do a lot of emailing... Think the smaller schools are easier to get hold of hahaa... I'll probably specific year sevens or something
Original post by MATHSPOW!!
Hahha ok I'll take note lol... It shouldn't be too hard !? I've gotta be there at half 8 to like help set up the class and stuff should be fun I dunno I'm just worried about like break and lunch like am I gonna chill in the classroom with the teachers !? Ahhhh haha I'm sure they're nice and all but I feel so young !? Ahh I'll bring my phone... And ok thanks haha guess I'll do a lot of emailing... Think the smaller schools are easier to get hold of hahaa... I'll probably specific year sevens or something

I would hope they'd make you welcome in the staff room, but you are in a difficult position at your age, and being without CRB clearance they won't leave you alone anywhere. Just smile a lot.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
I would hope they'd make you welcome in the staff room, but you are in a difficult position at your age, and being without CRB clearance they won't leave you alone anywhere. Just smile a lot.

Yeh I'm getting quite worried it's annoying cause it isn't near the town the school it's in this deprived area so I can't exactly just wonder about outside lol... Hmmm this should be interestingggg. maybe I could photocopy myself and they won't notice I've sneaked out hahaha
Yeh I'm getting quite worried it's annoying cause it isn't near the town the school it's in this deprived area so I can't exactly just wonder about outside lol... Hmmm this should be interestingggg. maybe I could photocopy myself and they won't notice I've sneaked out hahaha

Well, maybe. If it's that bad, they'll keep you inside for your own protection.
Congratulations to all those finishing the course successfully!!!

xxx
Original post by lantan
Feeling very jealous of you, guys, as I'm staying on to the end of term; even if it's paid, I still need the rest desperately and start feeling the fatigue settling in my bones. I thought that after getting getting through the final assessment it would be easier, but it's the busiest period in the school...

No rest for the wicked. I started my job two weeks ago so I feel your pain.
Original post by lantan
Feeling very jealous of you, guys, as I'm staying on to the end of term; even if it's paid, I still need the rest desperately and start feeling the fatigue settling in my bones. I thought that after getting getting through the final assessment it would be easier, but it's the busiest period in the school...

I'm still at my training school this week and next, then I'm going to take over a y6 class at my new school for the rest of term. You're not alone! At least you know how things work where you are!

Take the opportunity at break and lunch to ask the teachers what hours they work, what they do outside lessons and to just find out about teaching in general. Don't just sit on your phone it's a valuable experience speaking to people who are currently in the profession.
Original post by Shelly_x
Take the opportunity at break and lunch to ask the teachers what hours they work, what they do outside lessons and to just find out about teaching in general. Don't just sit on your phone it's a valuable experience speaking to people who are currently in the profession.

Haha no that would be pretty rude wouldn't it and yeh I guess haha
When do we get our QTS number?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck to all those who are finishing! This was me last year... Would be so nice to finish now this year :P

Haha no that would be pretty rude wouldn't it and yeh I guess haha

Oh hey it's you from the prom dress thread :biggrin:
Original post by lolololol
Good luck to all those who are finishing! This was me last year... Would be so nice to finish now this year :P

Was about to post the exact same thing. This time last year I had literally just finished, and we had our PGCE ball on the Friday.

I've just got 3 weeks to go because my county seems to break up a week before everyone else. But I can feel it's going to be a tough few weeks - kids are going nuts and we're all running out of ideas!
Original post by lolololol

Oh hey it's you from the prom dress thread :biggrin:

Yeh haha you can tell I'm year 11 then !!
Hey guys, update!

I officially became a fully qualified primary school teacher on Monday woohoo!

I have until Friday in school, did my first full assembly today it was scary for the first few minutes then I got into the swing haha

I'm happy to say I got a good pass and a PGCE with merit :-) (y)
such a hard placement!

I'll be having a party with my year 4/5's on Friday morning so no teaching for me! Excited :-D

Tomorrow is last full morning teaching then PPA in the afternoon :-)
Can't wait to break up!

X
I'm looking at all of the finishing replies and this will be me in exactly a years time!!!!! I'm so nervous, excited, scared in fact every emotion. So do you all feels it's been worth it in the end?
Original post by Lucy_jucie
I'm looking at all of the finishing replies and this will be me in exactly a years time!!!!! I'm so nervous, excited, scared in fact every emotion. So do you all feels it's been worth it in the end?

Definitely been worth it. I start in my new school tomorrow as a class teacher and am so proud that I've made it this far.

I'm still ridiculously nervous about tomorrow, and feel a little bit like I've been faking it and will be caught out at any moment (!), but I think that's natural at this stage.

If you look back further you'll see our posts throughout the year where we've all had our crappy days where we've doubted our ability and wanted nothing more than to crawl under a rock and stay there till the storm passes, but we've all made it out the other side in one piece. I think most of us have found jobs now as well, which is brilliant.
Original post by TraineeLynsey
feel a little bit like I've been faking it and will be caught out at any moment (!), but I think that's natural at this stage.

As far as I can gather I think every teacher feels like this for their entire career! Certainly after a year of teaching I do.

xxx
Original post by kpwxx
As far as I can gather I think every teacher feels like this for their entire career! Certainly after a year of teaching I do.

xxx

Yup. I'm retiring next year and still hoping not to be found out before the end!
Just seen on the time hop app that it's exactly 2 years since I was offered my first teaching post! How time flies!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3599
Does anyone have ideas or suggestions for those starting their first job this September? Classroom displays, transitional activities, equipment and general tips?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending