The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Opinions/Advice? University of Edinburgh MSc Accounting and Finance

I have an offer for this program and was wondering more about the University of Edinburgh and whether it would be difficult to find a job after graduating from this program? Also, how reputable is UoE? I am an international student from Canada. A concern I have is Edinburgh is far north of London.
(edited 9 years ago)
300 miles from london
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by ue321
I have an offer for this program and was wondering more about the University of Edinburgh and whether it would be difficult to find a job after graduating from this program? Also, how reputable is UoE? I am an international student from Canada. A concern I have is Edinburgh is far north of London.

Not that I put much faith in these things, but it's number 39:
http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2013-14/world-ranking
Reply 4
Thanks for the advice. Anyone have thoughts on the job prospects post-grad? My thought is that the university is not located in London so it may be difficult to find employment?
Edinburgh is a world class university and located in a capital city, albeit a small one, with a massive tourist industry. Your degree will have considerable value and whether you get a job or not depends more on you than the location of the university.
Original post by ue321
My thought is that the university is not located in London so it may be difficult to find employment?

If that's how you think, don't come. No one will like you anyway.
Remind me again when it was that proximity to London equated to career success? Someone tell those Oxbridge, MIT, Harvard et al students that they are doing it wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending