The Student Room Group

English and French coursework plagiarism? GCSE

In my english and french written couk
(edited 9 years ago)
For languages it tends to be more alright to copy things, i'm doing my german written controlled assessment tomorrow (so worried!!) and our teacher encouraged us to take sentences from our textbook. Coursework has to be done in school though right? so if you remember parts and change them slightly you should be fine. I'm not an expert though :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by shoot_the_moon
For languages it tends to be more alright to copy things, i'm doing my german written controlled assessment tomorrow (so worried!!) and our teacher encouraged us to take sentences from our textbook. Coursework has to be done in school though right? so if you remember parts and change them slightly you should be fine. I'm not an expert though :tongue:

should i just ask my teacher to not disqualify me and to do it again? it was a written assessment, can they check for that?
Reply 3
Original post by Mina_
In my english and french written coursework, i have taken about 3/4 sentences off the internet but in my french essay, i copied a whole paragraph however i have altered it slightly? they have both been marked for A* and im still in year 10, does this count as plagiarism and what happens if i get caught?

They usually don't care much when it comes to GCSE given the amount you've plagiarized is a few sentences at most.
Original post by Mina_
should i just ask my teacher to not disqualify me and to do it again? it was a written assessment, can they check for that?

I wouldn't make a big fuss, its not like you copied the whole thing and they expect it to all come from the heart. Its not expected to be overly personal work. I think you're fine :smile:
Do they actually check it with a machine? Where do yo live? My teachers say its alright to take little bits
Reply 6
Original post by shoot_the_moon
Do they actually check it with a machine? Where do yo live? My teachers say its alright to take little bits

yeah theres free machines online you can use to use, I'm from the uk
I did this.

Copied a few good sentences here and there for my French and Spanish coursework.
I was fine dude , as long as you don't take all of it from the same place/website you should be good but even then I doubt they would check it.
Reply 8
I did the same for my controlled assessment for spanish and i doubt they would go to real lengths to check.
For English hopefully they don't check as it is still plagiarism but I doubt they would go to the length of typing it up on turnitin or something to check. Its only a few sentences after all :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest