The Student Room Group

Bored! Lets chat :)

Hey,

Im Amy, 25 from London. Studying psychology, sociology and criminology. Who wants to chat?

I study from home and I also work from home too.
My hubby works really long hours and I don't know many people in my area as I have a little bit of social anxiety which makes things difficult. So I get quite lonely at home all the time. X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

What does your husband work as?
Reply 2
Original post by AmyBurge
Hey,

Im Amy, 25 from London. Studying psychology, sociology and criminology. Who wants to chat?

My hubby works really long hours and I don't know many people in my area as I have a little bit of social anxiety which makes things difficult. So I get quite lonely at home all the time. X

Posted from TSR Mobile

You study psychology, sociology and criminology? :eek3:
Reply 3
Hey,

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are psychology and criminology like at degree level?! :eek3:
Original post by Lilyghz
What are psychology and criminology like at degree level?! :eek3:

Hey, I dont study degree level unfortunately. Psychology and sociology are A-Levels and criminology is a level 3 course which is equivalent to an A-Level. But once Im done id like to do a degree with Open University.

I'm self teaching tho, so it can be quite hard without a tutor etc. But I enjoy it :smile:

Are you studying psychology too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I too have social anxiety! but 21 and came on here for someone to talk too :smile:
So hey!
Reply 6
why did you not do your actual A-levels at aged 16-19?
Reply 7
hello
Reply 8
Hey, I dont study degree level unfortunately. Psychology and sociology are A-Levels and criminology is a level 3 course which is equivalent to an A-Level. But once Im done id like to do a degree with Open University.

I'm self teaching tho, so it can be quite hard without a tutor etc. But I enjoy it :smile:

Are you studying psychology too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh good on you! I've just finished psychology at AS. Continuing it at A2 and hopefully the same onto university! Have you taken the exams?
Original post by LakAnne

I went thru a lot of bullying mentally and physically at school. So much that my parents got fed up with the school ignoring it and they took me out in year 10 before I could do gcses :frown: I just haven't had any courage to go back since then. So im studying at home.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SH10221-R
I too have social anxiety! but 21 and came on here for someone to talk too :smile:
So hey!

Hey! Nice to meet you! :smile: are you at college / uni ? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lilyghz
Oh good on you! I've just finished psychology at AS. Continuing it at A2 and hopefully the same onto university! Have you taken the exams?

I have really only just started. I started like a year ago with distance learning company ICS but they were really bad, I had so many problems with them. So I left them and then lost motivation for a while. Ive just started again but self teaching this time. So the exams will probably be next year now depending on how I get on

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have really only just started. I started like a year ago with distance learning company ICS but they were really bad, I had so many problems with them. So I left them and then lost motivation for a while. Ive just started again but self teaching this time. So the exams will probably be next year now depending on how I get on

Posted from TSR Mobile

I reckon you'll be alright second time round as long as you maintain a positive can-do attitude :smile: you may find it difficult at times but it's definitely doable to teach yourself independently. (Besides, if you struggle you have this whole community to back you up :wink: )

What other interests have you got?
Original post by Lilyghz
I reckon you'll be alright second time round as long as you maintain a positive can-do attitude :smile: you may find it difficult at times but it's definitely doable to teach yourself independently. (Besides, if you struggle you have this whole community to back you up :wink: )

What other interests have you got?

Ermmm well I am a huge Sherlock fan. Benedict Cumberbatch :O lol. Cycling, bowling, cooking, drawing. I just generally enjoy learning new things so I read a lot of different things too.

How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by LakAnne

why not
Reply 16
hiii
Reply 17
Hi! :wavey:
Reply 18
I went thru a lot of bullying mentally and physically at school. So much that my parents got fed up with the school ignoring it and they took me out in year 10 before I could do gcses :frown: I just haven't had any courage to go back since then. So im studying at home.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh you sound like you are a well disciplined person to have the ability of self study. When did you get married?
Ermmm well I am a huge Sherlock fan. Benedict Cumberbatch :O lol. Cycling, bowling, cooking, drawing. I just generally enjoy learning new things so I read a lot of different things too.

How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm afraid I've never seen Sherlock nor a fan of Benedict Cumberbatch :redface: haha. I never learned how to ride a bike, my 6 year old nephew beats me at bowling 90% of the time, I bake and I like to think I'm average at drawing haha.

I'm a huge How I Met Your Mother fan (I know the series has ended but I'm still not over it). I do some hiking every now and again and I'm a complete foodie haha.

What's your favorite book?

Quick Reply

Latest