The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ggmu!
'One of'

Any all South American final would be a big deal

Posted from TSR Mobile

true, would be bloody amazing!
can't wait for colombia vs brazil!

brazil have been generally underwhelming.
colombia have been excellent.
anything could happen! :biggrin:
Original post by Ggmu!
'One of'

Any all South American final would be a big deal

Posted from TSR Mobile

Costa Rica isn't in South America...
Reply 9002
Original post by Pete_91
Costa Rica isn't in South America...

Geographically, of course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
Geographically, of course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do they play in the CONMEBOL with Brazil et al then?
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
pretty sure argentina - brazil final would be the biggest ever.
i think they're on opposite sides aren't they?

No that would be quite cliche to me
Original post by AR_95
No that would be quite cliche to me

who says a cliche always has to be a bad thing?
How on earth did Greece win Euro 2004.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kruz

Posted from TSR Mobile

A series of flukey 1-0 wins that I put down to the intervention of Zeus
I'm so excited about Joel coming back next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9009
Original post by Pete_91
Was genuinely asking, nothing sarcastic about my question. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

My point is that central America may be called so, however, culturally, religiously, ethnically, linguistically etc it's quite close to South America. There is not much you'd know to be characteristically 'Central American'.

So even if Costa Rica face Brazil in the final, I (just me, nobody else) take it as a South American affair.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kruz

Posted from TSR Mobile

because portugal are bloody useless...

to be fair on greece, they did beat portugal in the group stage, france, czech rep and then portugal (again) to win, so the weren't exactly lucky.
Original post by Kruz
I'm so excited about Joel coming back next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

meh, he's decent i guess, good prospect.
but i wouldn't be seriously excited over him.

he was more or less useless after 90 minutes tonight - to be fair on him though, i don't think any of us could survive any better in those conditions i guess :tongue:
Original post by Ggmu!
My point is that central America may be called so, however, culturally, religiously, ethnically, linguistically etc it's quite close to South America. There is not much you'd know to be characteristically 'Central American'.

So even if Costa Rica face Brazil in the final, I (just me, nobody else) take it as a South American affair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wasn't arguing with any of that, I genuinely thought you meant by South American that they play in CONMEBOL, I've learned since that they don't, but wasn't aware earlier.
Reply 9013
Original post by Pete_91
Wasn't arguing with any of that, I genuinely thought you meant by South American that they play in CONMEBOL, I've learned since that they don't, but wasn't aware earlier.

LOL my bad then mate, but it looked a lot more like a question intended to trap me into being schooled.

But fair enough, apologies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
LOL my bad then mate, but it looked a lot more like a question intended to trap me into being schooled.

But fair enough, apologies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries.
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
because portugal are bloody useless...

to be fair on greece, they did beat portugal in the group stage, france, czech rep and then portugal (again) to win, so the weren't exactly lucky.

Greece just defend, defend, and defend. But to be fair to them they're pretty hard to break down. Happy Costa Rica went through imagine having to watch Greece vs Netherlands. Costa Rica will actually give it ago, whilst Greece are just prepared to sit back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kruz
Greece just defend, defend, and defend. But to be fair to them they're pretty hard to break down. Happy Costa Rica went through imagine having to watch Greece vs Netherlands. Costa Rica will actually give it ago, whilst Greece are just prepared to sit back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree, such a boring team.

What I was saying was that as boring as they are to watch, nobody can take anything away from their euro 2004 performances.
It isn't like they had an easy run.

Their "easiest" game was against Czech Rep who got 9 points in group stages and also finished with top scorer.
They definitely deserved the championship, and they can keep hold of that as a nation forever.
Is that quote from Wenger about Fabregas and Zelalem true?
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Is that quote from Wenger about Fabregas and Zelalem true?

What quote?
Schneiderlin, Aurier, mid-tier striker (Mandzukic at best) (backup CB and GK)

Successful window or not?

Latest