The Student Room Group

kissing without tongues?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maid Marian
I can't imagine how people kiss with tongues. Do you just sort of stroke their tongue with yours, or do you sort of attack it and poke at it. And what happens when you need to swallow? :confused:

I've never kissed anyone, as you can guess.

Oh, please.
The first girl I kissed used to suck on my teeth? Like WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING.

At first I thought that was normal kissing (I really really didn't like it), after a while I noticed how I was so gentle and nice compared to her despite all her past experience. I confirmed her being a bad kisser after kissing my second gf.

The funniest bit was her telling me that she's an amazing kisser before we started dating.. Yeah right.

I can't believe I used to avoid kissing, bleugh
Reply 62
When you attempt your tongue in his mouth make sure you show him that you like it... And when he kisses you with no tongue, show him that it was OK... not great. He'll eventually try to impress you. And if eventually he does use his tongue, give him a treat after ;P
Reply 63
Quite surprised by all the no tongue kissers! I much prefer tongues as there's so much more feelings and passion in them. But a good kiss is a good kiss regardless of tongue, but when the tongues added.. :-D it's the same with being kissed on the neck etc a kiss without tongue is nice but it takes it to another level when tongues involved!
My only experience of french kissing was so nice. But its been hard to find a good kisser again.. ;-(
Personally I don't like kissing with tongues. I think it's gross when someone sticks their tongue in my mouth, like no thank you, you can keep that to yourself.
Original post by physicsbook
Personally I don't like kissing with tongues. I think it's gross when someone sticks their tongue in my mouth, like no thank you, you can keep that to yourself.

Good luck with this.
Original post by Old_Simon
Good luck with this.

I'll use my tongue if someone prefers/wants me to but its not something I enjoy.
How exactly do people do it with their tongue? :confused: Maybe it's because I've always preferred it without.
Reply 69
It's faaacking gross when they literally smother your face with their ****ing saliva, this guy used to do it all the time. First time he did it was when I knew he wasn't the one (lol). But then I saw him on three seperate occasions before finally deleting him off BBM and blocking him on Facebook.
I prefer kissing without tongues too. I like the open mouthed kisses, not so open were you a like a fish though! I'm sure you know the kinda kisses I am talking about. I once went with a guy who didn't like tongue or open mouth kisses so we literally only ever pecked each other on the lips tbh. I don't mind tongue kisses when things are getting 'passionate' but as a normal kiss, I prefer just open mouth kisses.
I can't imagine how people kiss with tongues. Do you just sort of stroke their tongue with yours, or do you sort of attack it and poke at it. And what happens when you need to swallow? :confused:

Oh dear, lmao.
I've only ever kissed one guy but we tried both kissing with tongues and without. I prefer a mix of both,tongue when things get a little more intimate.However I'm still not entirely sure what to do with my tongue..playfully lick the tip of theirs,run it along the bottom lip..that's all i've tried so far.
Reply 73
Personally I hate tounge kisses. I find those without tounge more exciting, I dont see anything hot or sexy in putting your tounge into another's person mouth (especially if its just ONS alothough thts not the case with me since I only had sex with my bf).
My bf on the other hand likes them but he accepted my preferences and we rarely use tounges
I couldn't imagine kissing without tongue :s although too much is a no no. Mixture of both, plus neck kissing, is the best.

Original post by hexagonalRod
The first girl I kissed used to suck on my teeth? Like WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING.

Lol! That's so weird :rofl:

When you need to swallow you just unload it into their mouth :rolleyes:

You pretty much just alternate between kissing with lips and with tongues... and the tongues tend to stroke and flick each other.
(edited 9 years ago)
My ex used to kiss without using his tongue; to be honest, I felt like it wasn't as passionate or intimate.
Original post by Anonymous
Dear oh dear, as someone who has never kissed anyone before, this just all seems ridiculous to me! One person says 'it'll all come naturally' and 'there's no right or wrong way of doing it', then the next person goes on about bad kissers and good kissers, making the whole process sound overly complicated. I don't get how anyone can complain about a 'bad' kisser, when how on earth is someone who's never kissed anyone supposed to know exactly what to do?

You will know, trust me. haha
This subject irritates me immensely , people who do don't like tongue aren't kissing people correctly. Its called a French kiss for a reason and scientifically you have to use the tongue to transfer hormones across to get horny and heated. You wouldn't stick your penis in a girls belly button and call it sex ? So what makes you think rubbing lips together which essentially it is , a lip rub without tongues would be classed as a kiss /snog ??
Well ask him to stick his tongue out and suck on it (love tongue sucking) then slowly teach him, he'll start slipping it in in no time at all.

Quick Reply