The Student Room Group

Do Arab girls like to be chased?

So I'm with this Libyan girl, we're both Muslim and we both just finished our first year of uni. I told her that I'm into her and I always say shes pretty etc but I feel that its always me making the effort. She never calls me, its always me calling her, always me suggesting where we should meet up etc. Is this normal? I feel that I'm giving her a lot but she's like 'meh'. For both of us its our first time in a relationship, she's really pretty and I know a lot of guys are into her and she herself knows that as well. I don't mind doing all the chasing and everything if its completely normal but I don't want to give her my heart and for her to be like 'nah'.
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm with this Libyan girl, we're both Muslim and we both just finished our first year of uni. I told her that I'm into her and I always say shes pretty etc but I feel that its always me making the effort. She never calls me, its always me calling her, always me suggesting where we should meet up etc. Is this normal? I feel that I'm giving her a lot but she's like 'meh'. For both of us its our first time in a relationship, she's really pretty and I know a lot of guys are into her and she herself knows that as well. I don't mind doing all the chasing and everything if its completely normal but I don't want to give her my heart and for her to be like 'nah'.

Is she religious? Does she wear the hijab?
Reply 2
Original post by tammie123
Is she religious? Does she wear the hijab?

She doesn't wear a hijab but she is relatively religious, she fasts and prays, no alcohol etc and she hasn't had a boyfriend before (well that's what she says, I didn't go to the same school as her so can't be 100% sure on that but I believe her), evidently the fact that she's going out with me does go to show that she isn't 100% religious, then again who is?
Reply 3
Don't call her, don't suggest where you two should go on dates, let her make the effort and if she can't then she's either lazy or thinks she's too good therefore you should do all the work.

I'm a girl and I used to do that but then realised guys get tired of that 'ooh chase me, I'm a lady' ****. I did it on purpose because I felt I had to be chased simply because I'm the girl and he's the guy.
Reply 4
If I were you I would cool it for awhile and let her do the chasing or if it's really bothering you talk to her about it, also are you guys friends or dating?
She doesn't wear a hijab but she is relatively religious, she fasts and prays, no alcohol etc and she hasn't had a boyfriend before (well that's what she says, I didn't go to the same school as her so can't be 100% sure on that but I believe her), evidently the fact that she's going out with me does go to show that she isn't 100% religious, then again who is?

If she's never dated before then this is obviously a new thing for her so she's probably just doing what she thinks is expected from her as a girl, and she probably doesn't realise that guys get tired of it. As other people have suggested you should probably stop for a bit and then she'll realise.
Most Arab girls are like this, especially if they know that they're good looking. Either deal with it or look for a different type of girl. The fact that she's dating you goes to show that she definitely is interested. I personally am an Arab guy and know that a lot of (most) good looking Arab girls are stuck up.
Reply 7
Yep, generally if you wear a cowboy hat, ride a horse, and wield a lasso it's most effective.
She obviously respects her religion, correct me if im wrong but muslims arent allowed to have premarital relationships?

I dont think you should pursue it unless you plan to put a ring on it
Original post by saarah_
Don't call her, don't suggest where you two should go on dates, let her make the effort and if she can't then she's either lazy or thinks she's too good therefore you should do all the work.

I'm a girl and I used to do that but then realised guys get tired of that 'ooh chase me, I'm a lady' ****. I did it on purpose because I felt I had to be chased simply because I'm the girl and he's the guy.

So have you stopped doing the "chase me" thing now?

I don't mind it initially because it is sort of exciting. But I get really pissed off if the girl just continues playing hard to get after a couple of weeks / dates. The last girl who I went out with never stopped playing that stupid game.
Reply 10
Could just be an inexperience thing for her, if she's never had a relationship. Although the signs aren't too good. In general arab girls do need a lot of chasing but once you've got them, they are fun to be with.
Maybe she's just not that into you :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by superduper9
So have you stopped doing the "chase me" thing now?

I don't mind it initially because it is sort of exciting. But I get really pissed off if the girl just continues playing hard to get after a couple of weeks / dates. The last girl who I went out with never stopped playing that stupid game.

Well now when I meet a guy I really like, I try to make an effort by starting a conversation first rather than waiting for them to talk first and just things likd that really.

I've realised guys are just as self-conscious as girls and some won't talk to you unless you talk to them first even if they like you.
Not if you are holding a chainsaw and wearing a mask. :frown:
Yeah man we love the chase, don't expect us to make any effort

Really? In Ramadhan!?
Bro I'm stuck in same situation Need your help my brotherDid you guys get married???

Latest

Trending

Trending