The Student Room Group

So girl I've loved/liked for 4 years, and supposedly given up on contacts me ...

Scroll to see replies

That's why you shouldn't fall in love so easily. The hurt and disappointment when they don't return it is damaging.
Original post by lovingislosing
That's why you shouldn't fall in love so easily. The hurt and disappointment when they don't return it is damaging.

How was falling in love after 4 whole years "so easily" ... it was inevitable.
Original post by Anonymous
How was falling in love after 4 whole years "so easily" ... it was inevitable.

You loved someone who lived in another country?
Reply 83
I liked/loved her for 4 years until she got a boyfriend... I just gave up since she lives in another country and told her to give me some space while I recover from it all..

It's just so weird how much chemistry there was, and still is between us... She literally can't keep her hands off me:

- She'll constantly wrap her arm around mine when we walk together

- She will lean her head on my shoulder often when we're quiet

- On a few occasions we put our foreheads together..

- We've slept together..

- When we were in bed together she was sobbing, but smiling...

- She invited me to her Prom last year, and all her friends were like "she can't stop talking about you"

- in her Facebook message she said that she hesitated sending me the message because of her boyfriend... but she couldn't handle it so ended up sending it...

Whats this ?

move on , stop acting like your whipped.
Original post by lovingislosing
You loved someone who lived in another country?

Who I've known personally for 4 years, yes.
Original post by slade p
move on , stop acting like your whipped.

Go F yourself ... don't insult me you wuss.
Reply 86
Go F yourself ... don't insult me you wuss.

your the wuss here crying like a little girl, grow up and grow some balls and move on.
Original post by slade p
your the wuss here crying like a little girl, grow up and grow some balls and move on.

Crying? Who says I'm crying? ... I have moved on, and I'm quite certain my cojones are large enough
Who I've known personally for 4 years, yes.

That's quite peculiar, you need to stop letting your guard down so easily that's all I'm saying

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
When would bad body language ever mean good, unless you're looking to humiliate someone (i.e bad body language when you've insulted someone)?!?

Your whole response is categorical gobbledegook ... i.e I'm not responding to you again.

I didn't say 'bad body language' did I? I said that 'negative body language' isn't by definition a bad thing.

Have you seen those movies where there's a super creepy guy hitting on girls? The reason that guy feels super creepy is that he's displaying enormously positive body language. The terms positive and negative body language are kind of misnomers in that 'positive' seems to elicit a sense that it is correct.

You would display negative body language if you don't want to appear too needy. Confident people often display negative body language such as turning slightly away from the person they're talking to or shaping their legs as if to walk away which makes them appear that they are talking to a person, but that they are perfectly happy for the interaction to end. This is a very attractive trait.

What has happened here is that you've learnt about 1% of a subject and decided that you are a master of it.

Either way it doesn't affect my answer though. You wrote a ****ty love letter to a girl that made you look like a needy loser and this girl is stringing you along as a backup plan in case it doesn't work out with guys that she actually wants to date.

If you are over her like you're trying to claim you wouldn't be writing long posts online about her and then getting angry when people don't think that she's into you.

You know best though, just keep plowing on with your positive body language techniques and your poetry about how she makes you feel in your inside places and don't bother listening to advice. It's all going to work out for you.
Reply 90
She is messing you around.. She just wants attention and she knows she will get it from you because you like her. You should push her away and she does have a boyfriend so I think you should just leave it because you don't want to make trouble for yourself. If she really cared, wouldn't she have tried earlier with you? It's been four years... Hope I helped if you read this ������ x
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 91
I know better than anyone that you she wouldn't be messing with me like you say - I'm confident of that.

I do think the signs mean something -- no girl is going to act like this to a guy she isn't interested it - FACT.

But again, I've just told you I've given up on her, I haven't answered her Facebook message, and don't intend to ever.

How many times have I read this in the relationship section of TSR. You're no different - sorry to have to break it to you.

She's choosing not to be decisive and choose one of you, instead just remaining in the desirable position of being liked by two people. She might care about both of you, but not enough to cut one loose.

Steer away - obvious thing to do is obvious...

whatever you do though, please come back to tell us what happens.
Reply 92
Go for it... nothing to lose
Original post by Beth1929
She is messing you around.. She just wants attention and she knows she will get it from you because you like her. You should push her away and she does have a boyfriend so I think you should just leave it because you don't want to make trouble for yourself. If she really cared, wouldn't she have tried earlier with you? It's been four years... Hope I helped if you read this ������ x

A lot of people need to get this into their thick skulls ... she isn't messing with me, end of. The reason why we never had anything official - we were a "thing" or whatever - is because we live in different countries, and EVERYONE knows LDR are too hot to handle ... well at least I did.

I'm not going to do bat **** with her now since she's in a couple ... I hope the guy treats her like I would've done if we had the chance ...

And just to clarify: I've been in a relationship in the past when the girl was using me, and I see NO similarities with her whatsoever.
Original post by Pride
How many times have I read this in the relationship section of TSR. You're no different - sorry to have to break it to you.

She's choosing not to be decisive and choose one of you, instead just remaining in the desirable position of being liked by two people. She might care about both of you, but not enough to cut one loose.

Steer away - obvious thing to do is obvious...

whatever you do though, please come back to tell us what happens.

This IS different ... and until some of you stubborn TSR users get it I'll have to repeat it ... We live in different countries .... I spent maybe a bit less than year trying to make something, but then soon realised nothing woudl happen ... but we kept having these big things together for a further 3 years. I wasn't really hoping for a relationship tbh ... I was more determined to find out how she truly felt for me ... The new guy is an obvious rebound and she just doesn't want to be alone or whatever ... We just couldn't be together because of the DISTANCE ... nothing else ...
Reply 95
It would never have lived up to your expectations after four years anyway.
Why post this thread if you're going to insult everyone?

Yes she likes you, but she feels lonely in her country with you not being there, like most people would. She obviously can't handle the distance so finds a boyfriend, you either move there with her or move on. Or even wait a couple of years when you're both more mature.
Original post by Joshale
Why post this thread if you're going to insult everyone?

Yes she likes you, but she feels lonely in her country with you not being there, like most people would. She obviously can't handle the distance so finds a boyfriend, you either move there with her or move on. Or even wait a couple of years when you're both more mature.

Lmao ... Keep your wig on mate!
Original post by james1211
It would never have lived up to your expectations after four years anyway.

We'll never know ...
Reply 99
A lot of people need to get this into their thick skulls ... she isn't messing with me, end of. The reason why we never had anything official - we were a "thing" or whatever - is because we live in different countries, and EVERYONE knows LDR are too hot to handle ... well at least I did.

I'm not going to do bat **** with her now since she's in a couple ... I hope the guy treats her like I would've done if we had the chance ...

And just to clarify: I've been in a relationship in the past when the girl was using me, and I see NO similarities with her whatsoever.

Wtf!! Calm down:/ you asked for advice... So you can't blame us if we are trying to help. Bye.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending