The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hoddle just called Algeria "Al Jazeera" :lol:
Original post by little_tom
Hoddle just called Algeria "Al Jazeera" :lol:

Al Jazeera is actually closer to what Algerians themselves, Arabs and Iranians call Algeria.

Al-Jazair is the proper name.

justsayin'bro.
Original post by MrBreezy
Al Jazeera is actually closer to what Algerians themselves, Arabs and Iranians call Algeria.

Al-Jazair is the proper name.

justsayin'bro.

Yea I'm sure that's what Hoddle meant... having corrected himself quickly after, innit bruv?
Reply 9043
Yea I'm sure that's what Hoddle meant... having corrected himself quickly after, innit bruv?

Hahahahahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol
What's wrong with Ozil?
Wow, isn't it fitting for the worst player on the pitch to score the winning goal in the end...
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
Wow, isn't it fitting for the worst player on the pitch to score the winning goal in the end...

Far from the worst player on the pitch

Posted from TSR Mobile
If Arsene's first big money signing turns out to be a flop, he'll probably become even more reluctant. :tongue:

I don't understand how his fitness is so bad. He's not being asked to do anything superhuman.
He just needs to hit it sometimes and not look to pass immediately
Original post by B-Stacks
Far from the worst player on the pitch

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol.

go on then, who was worse?
every algerian player played their heart out; all were better than Ozil easily.
Original post by alittlehelp
He just needs to hit it sometimes and not look to pass immediately

Needs to get more involved and be more proactive, games seem to pass him by and he doesnt even seem to care.
lol.

go on then, who was worse?
every algerian player played their heart out; all were better than Ozil easily.

Boateng, Gotze, Kroos

Posted from TSR Mobile
ozil is legit just lazy, honestly dont think it has anything to do with stamina, he was sprinting around near the end when schurle came on.
Love Ozil but the lad gives me no confidence when he's in on goal. Have to question his mentality.
Original post by B-Stacks
Boateng, Gotze, Kroos

Posted from TSR Mobile

boateng: wasn't amazing, but certainly wasn't poor. made countless clearance from the ridiculous amount of low crosses made by algeria.

kroos: again, wasn't amazing but he did provide a decent amount of link up play and a few half decent shots.

gotze: probably the only player with a performance comparable to Ozil, but he went off at HT so comparison is difficult.

all 3 players above weren't great, but you're missing the point about just how bad Ozil was.
he had so many chances to either score or assist a goal.
a wonderful player; stood out in 2010, but really hasn't replicated it today.
boateng: wasn't amazing, but certainly wasn't poor. made countless clearance from the ridiculous amount of low crosses made by algeria.

kroos: again, wasn't amazing but he did provide a decent amount of link up play and a few half decent shots.

gotze: probably the only player with a performance comparable to Ozil, but he went off at HT so comparison is difficult.

all 3 players above weren't great, but you're missing the point about just how bad Ozil was.

You can't ignore the fact that Ozil scored, even if it was at the end of the game. Turned out to be the goal that won it for the Germans.

I guess we see it differently. Collectively and individually it was a bad performance from A lot of them but seems its so much easier to target Ozil because of his style of play.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bye Bendtner- Thanks for memories and Good luck. Hope he stay in the Prem, he's a decent footballer.

Latest