The Student Room Group

Been on a GAP YEAR!!! for 3 years ASK ME ANYTHING!

Well why not, eh?

Scroll to see replies

It is people like you that leave the economy in such a mess.
Reply 2
Original post by CrawfordRolex
It is people like you that leave the economy in such a mess.

Didn't they teach you that questions end in question marks?
(edited 9 years ago)
How many African children have you patronised?
Why?

*screams* :borat: Ran out of reps but :congrats:

So what have you done in the 3 years? Travel? And what do you plan to do after your gap year is over?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Why?

I haven't found a real career avenue for myself yet.

Original post by SophiaLDN
So what have you done in the 3 years? Travel? And what do you plan to do after your gap year is over?

I enrolled on a dentistry course but dropped out within the first semester.

I don't know what I plan to do.

I've been travelling across Africa and south-east Asia doing some volunteering on and off but I also have been taking a lot of holidays on my parent's dime. :frown:
Reply 7

More than you I'm guessing. :bootyshake:
Original post by Cloud nine.

I enrolled on a dentistry course but dropped out within the first semester.

das not it mane, you could have been ballin outta control on a 9-5 schedule
I haven't found a real career avenue for myself yet.

How's the search going?
You're gonna be 30 and drifting around the world with no job. Get real.
Reply 11
Original post by Potally_Tissed
How's the search going?

Got nothing yet. I joined TSR recently to find some opportunities, perhaps even overseas!

No idea wha A-levels alone could do for me now...

Original post by bertstare
das not it mane, you could have been ballin outta control on a 9-5 schedule

This is what everyone I tell says but no one understands. I just didn't like the course, I didn't want to sell my soul to the devil like every dentist out there.

This is what everyone I tell says but no one understands. I just didn't like the course, I didn't want to sell my soul to the devil like every dentist out there.

you're thinking of bankers bro, we spend most of our time playing golf and driving R8s weren't you aware

fair enough though
Reply 14
Original post by bertstare
you're thinking of bankers bro, we spend most of our time playing golf and driving R8s weren't you aware

fair enough though

I just wish I applied for a bogus course and ended with a first like so many people out there my age now. But when I was doing my A-levels I was really arrogant and I thought my A*s were the be all and end all.

:cry:

Scroll up.
I just wish I applied for a bogus course and ended with a first like so many people out there my age now. But when I was doing my A-levels I was really arrogant and I thought my A*s were the be all and end all.

:cry:

Scroll up.

Scroll up where?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by lovingislosing
Scroll up where?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gosh you're really dim aren't you? It's good that you have a decent face otherwise you would've been screwed.
At what point did you realise that your 3 year gap year was just you running away from your problems?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by hotshothenry24
At what point did you realise that your 3 year gap year was just you running away from your problems?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not really running away form my problems though. I enjoyed those 3 long years but now I'm ready to do some work, hopefully. Fingers crossed! :biggrin: My parents have funded me and no I do not live with them but they still fund me. :smile:
Reply 19
How many Gap Years can you have before it just turns into an unemployment filled 'Gap' in your life? :wink:

Sorry, couldn't resist:
[video="youtube;eKFjWR7X5dU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKFjWR7X5dU[/video]
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest