The Student Room Group

A level Physics?

So long story short, I took 2 gap years, one to repeat my chemistry (due to EC) and one to do whatever else and apply to my chosen university course.

However, I regret not taking Physics at A level and have enrolled to a college to take it at AS, as I don't want to not be in education and encase I have a change in heart of career, plus, it was my best science at GCSE.

It's been over 2 years since I last did physics, and just wondering how hard is it? Can it be done?
Original post by LadyEcliptic
So long story short, I took 2 gap years, one to repeat my chemistry (due to EC) and one to do whatever else and apply to my chosen university course.

However, I regret not taking Physics at A level and have enrolled to a college to take it at AS, as I don't want to not be in education and encase I have a change in heart of career, plus, it was my best science at GCSE.

It's been over 2 years since I last did physics, and just wondering how hard is it? Can it be done?

Are you just doing physics, no other courses? People often do physics and maths together.

I would recommend getting a book called "Head start to AS Physics", this will help you practise over summer and get ready to start your course.

Physics can be hard to understand, but once you spend the time understanding it you can do really well at it. The only other thing is the maths part, but it's mostly GCSE maths because you are not required to do A Level at the same time. That's not to say that a level maths wouldn't help you though.
Original post by rayquaza17
Are you just doing physics, no other courses? People often do physics and maths together.

I would recommend getting a book called "Head start to AS Physics", this will help you practise over summer and get ready to start your course.

Physics can be hard to understand, but once you spend the time understanding it you can do really well at it. The only other thing is the maths part, but it's mostly GCSE maths because you are not required to do A Level at the same time. That's not to say that a level maths wouldn't help you though.

I did AS maths and got a c, but I'm not going to lie, I should have worked harder at it but at the time I didn't think any of my subjects needed work so I regret all of that. I think so yeah, it would be just physics. I mean, I pulled my GCSE physics from an e to an A (had a different teacher) so I'm just wondering if it will be a struggle seeing as I haven't done it in a while/can struggle with maths?

Quick Reply

Latest