The Student Room Group

What salary are you realistically expecting to earn?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MidnightDream
Pharmacology

Internet says £20-23,000 :smile:

why do pharmacology when you can do pharmacy:cool:
Reply 41
Original post by MidnightDream
Pharmacology

Internet says £20-23,000 :smile:

My uncle is a pharmacologist and on at least 15 times that :/
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Cute how people are actually getting excited and look forward to making 20-30k, apparently not knowing that they'll lead a pretty miserable life with that, especially living in London.

Cute how people actually think they will easily earn more than that, apparently not knowing the average starting salary is in that bracket and it is only the minority who earn the crazy amounts being banded about here.
Original post by Datta10
Is expecting a starting salary of 28k ok for software engineers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends on the company. My husband started on 27k couple of years ago in a fairly good company so 28k now sounds about right. I've seen salary offers less than that in other companies though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Cute how people are actually getting excited and look forward to making 20-30k, apparently not knowing that they'll lead a pretty miserable life with that, especially living in London.

I'm not in London, but I am on £20k this year and surviving just fine. Not sure where the idea that you'd live an uncomfortable lifestyle came from.
Nothing less than 25,000 which is less than what I was offered. Upon qualification I expect around 80,000 to 100,000 within ten years. I studied law but I'm not doing the LPC or anything...
Original post by CJKay
I'm not in London, but I am on £20k this year and surviving just fine. Not sure where the idea that you'd live an uncomfortable lifestyle came from.

What are your living arrangements if I may ask? Because if you live alone in london after tax that salary is quite uncomfortable.
Around 20k starting salary but I would pretty much take anything, and then I would like to work myself up to 40k+. I will be studying Accounting and Finance at university.
Modelling... for RSPCA
Original post by samba
My uncle is a pharmacologist and on at least 15 times that :/

I meant fresh out of uni :laugh:
Anyone know the average wage for a science teacher at secondary school (including sixth form) some 10 years after getting your PGCE?
(edited 9 years ago)
ATM: Probably go for just above minimum wage in a health care or admin job whilst doing my MSc :P

Future: Hopefully get a job in (clinical) cognitive neuroscience - probably end up working for a university? circa 50k. Though would prefer to work in a hospital.
Would like to open my own business too- fun stuff.
(edited 9 years ago)
My starting salary is £30k, promotion after 2/3 years up to £45k-£50k.

Even starting out that high, your quality of life is so poor if you're single and in London with rent the way it is.
Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon £150k all told
Reply 55
Ideal starting salary would be £25K
Original post by WelshBluebird
Cute how people actually think they will easily earn more than that, apparently not knowing the average starting salary is in that bracket and it is only the minority who earn the crazy amounts being banded about here.

Hint: starting

This thread was not about starting salaries
Reply 57
Quantitative Analyst. £70k minimum, right out of postgrad.
Reply 58
Original post by bertstare
Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon £150k all told

That's a pretty conservative estimate lol.
Original post by samba
That's a pretty conservative estimate lol.

In this country, not really

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending