The Student Room Group

Books for 1st Year MPhys

I am starting the MPhys (Master of Physics) course this year. I was wondering what the best books would be to get for the first year of the course?
The standard physics book for first year physicists is "Physics for Scientists and Engineers by Paul A. Tipler and Gene Mosca". However, I would not recommend buying this book as it is not that useful in later years. I personally think that the most comprehensive set of books for an undergraduate course in physics is the Feynman lectures. They are a little advanced for a first read of the material, but they are written very well and are a valuable set of books for any physicist to own. Finally, another series of books I used in my undergraduate is by Landau and Lif****z. These are very advanced and are intended more for a course on Theoretical Physics. I have some good math recommendations as well if you wish, otherwise good luck with your degree.

Original post by KieranM10
I am starting the MPhys (Master of Physics) course this year. I was wondering what the best books would be to get for the first year of the course?
Reply 2
Thank you very much for the info, I will take this on board
Original post by WishingChaff
I have some good math recommendations as well if you wish...

I wish :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest