The Student Room Group

What important things should I have an opinion on in life?

To be able to hold a conversation on things. Any important topics?
Hello?
Reply 2
Original post by iamintorture
To be able to hold a conversation on things. Any important topics?

God, the EU, current affairs/foreign policy (ISIS, Russia/Crimea), nuclear weapons, financial policy, politics, climate change. There's a start.
Original post by pjm600
God, the EU, current affairs/foreign policy (ISIS, Russia/Crimea), nuclear weapons, financial policy, politics, climate change. There's a start.

What about the eu? And politics is a bit broad. But thank you that's actually v helpful
Reply 4
What about the eu? And politics is a bit broad. But thank you that's actually v helpful

In, out or shake it all about? As in, should we stay in, leave, or renegotiate (immigration control, CAP, bail-outs etc).

Politics is deliberately broad as it's a broad subject. You should have a rough idea what each major party stands for, or is meant to stand for, how likely it is that they'll do well in the next election, who you'd vote for etc.
Original post by pjm600
In, out or shake it all about? As in, should we stay in, leave, or renegotiate (immigration control, CAP, bail-outs etc).

Politics is deliberately broad as it's a broad subject. You should have a rough idea what each major party stands for, or is meant to stand for, how likely it is that they'll do well in the next election, who you'd vote for etc.

Aww thank you. Just making a list. Will read around all the topics every day. Thank you
Aww thank you. Just making a list. Will read around all the topics every day. Thank you

you worried about looking stupid in front of uni friends? if so, don't be: they'll be as clueless as you are about those things. :smile:
youd do well to know about football, a couple of mainstream video games and (for deep conversations) a bunch of quarter baked conspiracy theories!
You don't need to have an opinion on anything if you don't want to, and you don't need to explain to anybody why you do, or do not, have an opinion about something.

If you want to have an opinion about something, then sit down and think seriously about the topic, and decide what sounds right to you. But nobody is forcing you to do that at all. If you want to coast through life blissfully nonchalant about things, that is your right.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
You don't need to have an opinion on anything if you don't want to, and you don't need to explain to anybody why you do, or do not, have an opinion about something.

If you want to have an opinion about something, then sit down and think seriously about the topic, and decide what sounds right to you. But nobody is forcing you to do that at all. If you want to coast through life blissfully nonchalant about things, that is your right.

I just feel like I need to educate myself plus it would manor conversations more easier
Sex

Quick Reply

Latest