The Student Room Group

Guys : Would you be in relationship with a girl that has a child?

Would you be in a relationship with a girl that is near your age but has a child?

Some points to consider :-

1) She isn't your usual chav type, she is quite wealthy and on average can bring home £120k per year after taxes without even lifting a single finger.

2) Good personality though a bit aggressive and isn't afraid to show her wealth.

3) A living advertisement board, everything she and her boy wears is an expensive designer label.

4) The baby's father is dead from a car accident. He however set her up for life which will explain the wealth levels.

5) Attractiveness, she can easily qualify for a high 2:1 and for the most part unless she happens to bring her boy out you wouldn't think she has a child.

6) Lots of similar interest but lots of other interest that most likely unless you have similar wealth levels will be difficult to afford though she won't mind paying for you if you make for good company.

Yes or no?

Scroll to see replies

Based on that there would be several things I would be concerned about. And no the child wouldn't be one of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No
Nope

Also, how do you get a 2:1 in attractiveness? :curious:
Reply 4
Nuh-uh.
Get off your arse and get a job. Use the money you spend on designer labels to set up your son with good funds for education, etc. Be a good role model for your son.

You sound stupid and if I was a guy I wouldn't want to date you.
Original post by Holby_fanatic
Get off your arse and get a job. Use the money you spend on designer labels to set up your son with good funds for education, etc. Be a good role model for your son.

You sound jealous tbh

(still no though)
I would like to say no but if she really was something special...
Reply 8
Nope. Unless me and her had unbelievable chemistry on all levels, the fact that she has a child would just be too much for me. I'm only 18 :tongue:
Being rich makes up for the fact that she has a child. So guys would say yes regardless of her, err, baggage.

Original post by Holby_fanatic

What?

She doesn't need a job she's been set for life as the OP said. Why do the working class constantly hate on the rich? You have to work however she doesn't.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Mother Teresa
Being rich makes up for the fact that she has a child. So guys would say yes regardless of her, err, baggage.

And that's why there hasn't been a single "yes" so far? :s
Original post by CJKay
And that's why there hasn't been a single "yes" so far? :s

Implying that TSR is representative of the normal happenings out there in the real world, yes? Let's face it having a rich attractive young woman with a young son is a sweet deal. If I were a man I'd poach her asap.
You can never say never, but I'm almost certain I will never date a woman with a child.
Original post by Mother Teresa
Implying that TSR is representative of the normal happenings out there in the real world, yes? Let's face it having a rich attractive young woman with a young son is a sweet deal. If I were a man I'd poach her asap.

I must admit I do agree with this

As someone who said no, I do think most guys secretly would say yes. Most people saying no, are probably afraid the woman would end up taking more money than she puts in, but with the exception of medical students, few people on here will ever in their entire lives earn 120k per year.
Not at my age now (17) no.
No. Nope. Nah. Negatory. Never. The kid is bad enough. The person sounds worse.
Reply 16
Not a chance.
Original post by Aisha~~
No. Nope. Nah. Negatory. Never. The kid is bad enough. The person sounds worse.

Rich and attractive sounds worse than what exactly? You're delusional. :lol:

Original post by yo radical one
I must admit I do agree with this

As someone who said no, I do think most guys secretly would say yes. Most people saying no, are probably afraid the woman would end up taking more money than she puts in, but with the exception of medical students, few people on here will ever in their entire lives earn 120k per year.

I agree with everything you're saying here but being a medical student myself I believe that your estimated earnings are exaggerated. :P
You say all that but use the word 'girl', so assuming young.
Hell no.
Is she another the world owes her and some are beneath her?

Doubt that it would be a no!

As a gay guy I would not go with a guy with a child. NEVER and yes I can say that!

Quick Reply

Latest