The Student Room Group

What degree to do?

I'll be going into A2 this September, and I have no idea what I want to do in the future (what degree). So do people have past experiences that may help me?
Any help would be appreciated!
Subjects Ive done at AS: Law, Maths, Economics and Government&Politics.
Original post by umieee
I'll be going into A2 this September, and I have no idea what I want to do in the future (what degree). So do people have past experiences that may help me?
Any help would be appreciated!
Subjects Ive done at AS: Law, Maths, Economics and Government&Politics.

Is there anything at all you are particularly interested in?

And I'd like to add that you don't need to go to university, if there is nothing in particular you want to do, it may be better to do an alternative to university :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Solivagant
Is there anything at all you are particularly interested in?

And I'd like to add that you don't need to go to university, if there is nothing in particular you want to do, it may be better to do an alternative to university :h:

Well, Politics and Law. Economics too, to an extent.

No of course not, looking into apprenticeships and interns too :smile:
Accountancy?
Original post by umieee
Well, Politics and Law. Economics too, to an extent.

No of course not, looking into apprenticeships and interns too :smile:

This page may be helpful :smile:
Reply 5
This page may be helpful :smile:

Thanks, Ive had a look at that before but still struggling:|
Original post by umieee
Thanks, Ive had a look at that before but still struggling:|

Have you got any prospectuses to look at the differences between different courses, see which you prefer?
A few Universities (I think mostly Russell Group) offer Politics Philosophy and Economics degrees, or something similar. They seem to synergise with your interests, and they're generally pretty prestigious. Are they at all interesting to you?
Reply 8
Have you got any prospectuses to look at the differences between different courses, see which you prefer?

Yeaah, I do. I shall do that
Reply 9
Original post by TallerThanSmall
A few Universities (I think mostly Russell Group) offer Politics Philosophy and Economics degrees, or something similar. They seem to synergise with your interests, and they're generally pretty prestigious. Are they at all interesting to you?

Yup, I've found PPL which I'd like to do. But the entry requirements are high:redface:
Original post by umieee
Yup, I've found PPL which I'd like to do. But the entry requirements are high:redface:

Yeah, that is the trouble. :/ Keep it in mind, though.
Original post by umieee

How are you finding maths? Economics at uni contains quite a bit of it I'm told.
Law in the UK is pretty nice, though it's a vey expensive investment. Economics is safer if you think about going abroad later on.
Reply 13
Original post by Dilzo999
How are you finding maths? Economics at uni contains quite a bit of it I'm told.

Maths is ok, although it is tough. Its good when I understand the concepts, otherwise I dread going into lessons. Ive looked into Economics, and yeah it has a lot of AS maths in it
Reply 14
Original post by EULawguy
Law in the UK is pretty nice, though it's a vey expensive investment. Economics is safer if you think about going abroad later on.

Law is intense, and has a lot of competition, but I enjoy it. Im not sure whether to go into law or not :|

Quick Reply

Latest