The Student Room Group

If Messi wins the WC, is anyone going to claim that Ronaldo is better?

Seems to me the only people who would disagree are metrosexuals with little real interest in football, and Man United/Real fans, many of whom don't come from Manchester/Madrid...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes.
I can think of a certain Pistol 33
I don't think anyone seriously argues that Ronaldo is the better player anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nein
If Messi wins, he'll probably be confirmed the best of all time
His mum?
Reply 7
What does winning the world cup have to do with anything? Portugal are a **** team who got knocked out by Pepe's stupidity. What do you want Ronaldo to do, pay for Pepe to have some anger management? Ronaldo already carried them to the world cup, but there's only so much one player can do.

Argentina won't win anyway.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
So, winning the World Cup means you're automatically a better player? Really?

So what would have happened if England had won, are you going to say Rooney's better than the pair of them?
Incoming united fans:teehee:
Original post by Drewski
So, winning the World Cup means you're automatically a better player? Really?

According to Messi's critics, yes.
Reply 11
I know one person IRL that rates Ronaldo above Messi and he's a United fan.

I feel bad for you if you think Ronaldo is better
Messi>Bale>Ronaldo
Reply 13
Original post by xDave-
What does winning the world cup have to do with anything? Portugal are a **** team who got knocked out by Pepe's stupidity. What do you want Ronaldo to do, pay for Pepe to have some anger management? Ronaldo already carried them to the world cup, but there's only so much one player can do.

Argentina won't win anyway.

So you say....:rolleyes:
Original post by Michael!
Messi>Bale>Ronaldo

Reply 15
Original post by AnharM
So you say....:rolleyes:

Switzerland are the first half decent team Argentina've played and they've looked horrible. If they win the world cup somehow then it's going to be a huge fluke.
Messi's better anyway. But winning the WC won't prove it, it's not Ronaldo's fault he plays with Nani and Postiga rather than Di Maria and Aguero.
Original post by Michael!
Messi>Bale>Ronaldo

nah m8
Original post by xDave-
Switzerland are the first half decent team Argentina've played and they've looked horrible. If they win the world cup somehow then it's going to be a huge fluke.

And how did Germany look against Algeria and ghana? How did Brazil look against every team they've played?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by xDave-

Not a fluke, it's Messi. When you have Messi in the team, nothing becomes a fluke.

Quick Reply

Latest